• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I though Isohunt had gone legit a few years ago and I've never heard of the rest! Seems like just another pointless and expensive losing game of whack-a-mole from those who's understanding of the internet is poor at best.

It matches the state of our internet in the country.

GabeN said:
"Piracy is a service problem."

One day they'll get it through there heads, I'm not hopeful.

I read something a few days ago that Village Roadshow admitted they made a huge error by delaying The Lego Movie 50+ days which cost them 3-5mil (est.) in piracy and they wouldn't repeat that mistake. This time with Lego Batman they are only delaying it 48 days!

They're like people who continually stick forks in their eyes who feel like they should be rewarded as this time they only stuck it 90% of the way in instead of all the way.

Quasar

Back from Rogue One. Quite liked it. More than the last effort. Like the different tone we get here. Some interesting technical advancements in there I didn't expect. Didn't completely work but was pretty ballsy imo.

Cerity

Fuck corporate training.

6 hours today, 6 hours of reinforcing the companies values and what we should take into consideration for the new year.

Back from Rogue One. Quite liked it. More than the last effort. Like the different tone we get here. Some interesting technical advancements in there I didn't expect. Didn't completely work but was pretty ballsy imo.
I absolutely loved it, although I'm such a Star Wars fan that I have no objectivity when it comes to those movies (unless we're talking about the prequels - and I don't).

In terms of the tech stuff, they teased like they weren't going to do it at all, they were like "we're not gonna do it, we're not gonna do it, OMG WE'RE DOING IT, WOW THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING, YEAH WE'RE GONNA DO THIS AS MUCH AS WE DAMN LIKE NOW."
And then they did it a second time, verbatim.
It didn't work for me either.

The way they wove the plot of the movie into the existing ones was seamless if you ask me, maybe the most impressive part of the whole thing. Nothing felt shoehorned, there was beautiful closure... kudos to the writers there.

jambo

Still no Xbox One Amazon Video app in Australia.

Great that they launched here, but currently I can only watch on my PC.

Not showing up on our PS4
You download it off the US PlayStation Store, it's in the Apps section and it's called "Amazon Video" (8.5 MB). Don't ask me what that means for geo-blocking etc. though, I don't actually use it.

I downloaded the NHL TV app off the US PSN and I use it nearly every day with my Aussie account.

Stackboy

I'd imagine we will get Amazon Video console apps when Amazon launches fully in Australia towards the end of 2017.

Lol blocking piracy sites. Good one, govt.

Looking forward to the Steam sale next week!

Couple more days and I'm on 2 and a half weeks leave
but I have to move house in January :(

Quasar

I absolutely loved it, although I'm such a Star Wars fan that I have no objectivity when it comes to those movies (unless we're talking about the prequels - and I don't).

In terms of the tech stuff, they teased like they weren't going to do it at all, they were like "we're not gonna do it, we're not gonna do it, OMG WE'RE DOING IT, WOW THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING, YEAH WE'RE GONNA DO THIS AS MUCH AS WE DAMN LIKE NOW."
And then they did it a second time, verbatim.
It didn't work for me either.

The way they wove the plot of the movie into the existing ones was seamless if you ask me, maybe the most impressive part of the whole thing. Nothing felt shoehorned, there was beautiful closure... kudos to the writers there.

Well I'd argue some of it was pointless fan-service that could been cut. But overall yes it did fit well into the existing story.

Quasar

It would surely launch when Amazon rolls out their Aussie warehouses and stores next year.

would it? is prime in every country that has a amazon warehouse? I thought it was just a subset.

and I did wonder how it would manage next days/same day delivery here.

jambo

would it? is prime in every country that has a amazon warehouse? I thought it was just a subset.

and I did wonder how it would manage next days/same day delivery here.

Well it's available in the US, Germany, Austria, Japan, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Canada and India.

I think only China, Netherlands, Mexico and Brazil missed out so far.

jambo

I just checked on the Prime Video Android app (which you can download in Australia) and while Seinfeld was widescreen, it looks like the app doesn't have proper HD support.

The best setting was only 0.46 GB per hour, which sounds like SD.

I'm going to try and install the PS4 Amazon app tonight.

Quasar

I just checked on the Prime Video Android app (which you can download in Australia) and while Seinfeld was widescreen, it looks like the app doesn't have proper HD support.

The best setting was only 0.46 GB per hour, which sounds like SD.

I'm going to try and install the PS4 Amazon app tonight.

Thats what I've used. Not sure if its updated for 4k/hdr as I dont have a display for that. Don't think theres a setting change bitrates or monitor it. It does stream in 1080p though. Weirdly my AVR says the audio is DTS no matter what. Dunno whats going on.

Hey Shaneus, this is the Fidget Cube knockoff I bought. $7.69 posted, took about 2.5 weeks.

It's actually pretty good quality and same design as the Kickstarter one for the most part even down to one of the dice buttons being solid and only one end of the rocker making noise. Son is attached to it already and got really upset when he thought he lost it at the carols tonight but thankfully had left it home.

Pretty funny considering the Kickstarter went on about how no company could possibly produce them this quickly. I expect quality on Kickstarter ones will be better but it's a great example of how quickly China can produce decent quality copies insanely fast at an insanely low price.

Hey Shaneus, this is the Fidget Cube knockoff I bought. $7.69 posted, took about 2.5 weeks.

It's actually pretty good quality and same design as the Kickstarter one for the most part even down to one of the dice buttons being solid and only one end of the rocker making noise. Son is attached to it already and got really upset when he thought he lost it at the carols tonight but thankfully had left it home.

Pretty funny considering the Kickstarter went on about how no company could possibly produce them this quickly. I expect quality on Kickstarter ones will be better but it's a great example of how quickly China can produce decent quality copies insanely fast at an insanely low price.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SGJ5cZnoodY

trinest

Considering Stan only has No Contact which as a Stan original I like.

If Amazon Video has Mozart in the Jungle and Transparent and other Stan sold off ones then I'd probably switch my secondary sub to it (have both Netflix and Stan atm).

So if Amazon Video is essentially stan + all new Amazon stuff, I might as well?

Also watched Rouge One last night. Seriously the best Star Wars. It in some ways feels like Guardians of the Galaxy in terms of humor and characterisation but more gritty. A lot more gritty really.

Quasar

Considering Stan only has No Contact which as a Stan original I like.

If Amazon Video has Mozart in the Jungle and Transparent and other Stan sold off ones then I'd probably switch my secondary sub to it (have both Netflix and Stan atm).

It does but only older seasons of those two Stan shows as Stan has first run rights for some period. Being brand new it also has less non Amazon exclusives.

I subbed mostly for Amazons exclusive anime and wanting to watch Man in the High Castle 2 when it starts. With the 6 month US$2.99 a month the small amount of stuff I want I'm fine with it. Now whether I keep it once the discount is over is another question.

Kind of amusingly this will probably get used more than my netflix sub.I really should cancel again till I guess Stranger Things S2 or something of note starts.

trinest

It does but only older seasons of those two Stan shows as Stan has first run rights for some period. Being brand new it also has less non Amazon exclusives.

I subbed mostly for Amazons exclusive anime and wanting to watch Man in the High Castle 2 when it starts. With the 6 month US$2.99 a month the small amount of stuff I want I'm fine with it. Now whether I keep it once the discount is over is another question.

Kind of amusingly this will probably get used more than my netflix sub.I really should cancel again till I guess Stranger Things S2 or something of note starts.

I just started the trial and flicked through the availability and honestly its pretty sparse.

Cerity

Still worth subbing to psn plus? Looks like they're having a deal at the moment, 56~ for a year.

I'd only be getting it for the games but the recent games haven't been looking great tbh.

Rizzi

Still worth subbing to psn plus? Looks like they're having a deal at the moment, 56~ for a year.

I'd only be getting it for the games but the recent games haven't been looking great tbh.

I haven't subscribed to ps+ for like four months. It hasn't really seemed worth it for a while.

While I'm really enjoying Grand tour, I have only watched it and one season of halt and catch fire in the 10 month series I've had Prime. Without free deliveries from Amazon as part of the deal, it's just not worth it that much.

Jesus I buy so much from Amazon UK as a result. I love buying 3 giant bags of cat litter and having them delivered to the office for free. Well, about as free as a PS+ game.

OfficerZap

Neo Member
Fuck corporate training.

6 hours today, 6 hours of reinforcing the companies values and what we should take into consideration for the new year.

Dear Colleague,

Together, as team members, let us make sure 2017 is the best year in our beloved Company's history!

Let us revisit our Values and Mission, with loose-tight thinking, and each consider how we can meet all Values in each action we take!

We'd like to annouce that our recent record breaking performance unfortunately doesn't mean large bonuses are available for everyone. We'll be investing in our Senior Management Team to ensure we reach the goals set for next year.

Happy Festive Season, fellow team mate!

Loved Rogue One as well, although was a bit soured having listened to the Cinemassacre impressions which I inclined to agree with. Think I'll definitely have to see it again to gauge how I feel.

Oh yeah, and the gf and I are currently enjoying the events of BingeFest at the Opera House which kicked off with Harmontown last night. Dan is an amazing person to just listen to and utterly hilarious, had a blast. If there's any tickets left to see the second recording for tonight at 9pm I believe, I would recommend.

Lounging in the NSW Library after getting no sleep from the Buffy 11pm - 6pm marathon of episodes which was both awesome (I've never seen Buffy) and regrettable (had no sleep feel like death). All in all BingeFest is an awesome idea, hope it runs next year. Looking forward to the Writers Room panel this evening.

Jintor

Dear Colleague,

Together, as team members, let us make sure 2017 is the best year in our beloved Company's history!

Let us revisit our Values and Mission, with loose-tight thinking, and each consider how we can meet all Values in each action we take!

We'd like to annouce that our recent record breaking performance unfortunately doesn't mean large bonuses are available for everyone. We'll be investing in our Senior Management Team to ensure we reach the goals set for next year.

Happy Festive Season, fellow team mate!

this is the benefit of a small office. no impersonal emails

downside: very personal yelling at because your boss can't understand emails

Fredescu

From Twitter:

I think he's wrong about Venetians, but I'm mostly posting this because Orange Slice takes its rightful place at dead last.

Quasar

From Twitter:

I think he's wrong about Venetians, but I'm mostly posting this because Orange Slice takes its rightful place at dead last.

He's totally wrong about Butternut Cookies too. My alltime fave non cream/chocolate arnotts biscuit. And really there's heaps I'd put under orange creams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom