• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, just noticed that Final Fantasy XV is only $20 (80% off) on the PlayStation Store at the moment, I suspect it's a pricing error so jump on it quickly if you're interested!

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...y-xv/cid=EP0082-CUSA01615_00-FINALFANTASYXV00
Sold! Cheers for the heads up. I can't see any reference to it in the deals section of the online store, so you might be right. I'm not really a FF fan, but I'd always planned to pick up XV when it became cheap... and it did :)

Don't think it's an error, game is 9.99 pounds on UK store.
The weird thing is that it doesn't even appear to be mentioned in the Deals & Offers section of the online store; you'd think they'd be shouting it from the heavens given it's such a good deal. A few people have speculated that the double discount for PS+ members (40% --> 80%) is a mistake.

Shaneus

I've never even played a FF game, but shit if I'm not tempted to pick it up.

I get the impression it might be in the same bucket as P4G for me. Everyone says it's amazing, but ultimately bores the shit out of me.

I've never even played a FF game, but shit if I'm not tempted to pick it up.

I get the impression it might be in the same bucket as P4G for me. Everyone says it's amazing, but ultimately bores the shit out of me.

The only FF game I've played through is XIII Part 1 and that did bore the shit out of me. Still finished it though even though the story made absolutely no sense.

I'm assuming the classification guidelines for the game R rating are stricter than the movie R rating, is that correct?

But we've always known that drug use and sexual violence were the things that might get a game refused classification; at least the game R rating has removed plain old violence as a reason for a game being refused classification.

Correct, mainly because games have a stronger impact on the viewer, in the opinion of society.

they didn't really change what criteria that would result in a game being refused classification or technically banned, they just made an R rating available for games. Before, if the content would have resulted in an R rating rather than MA15+, there was no choice but to refuse classification. Now at least, a game isn't auto banned if its an R. But stuff can still get banned, its just going to be really, really objectionable or cross lines like the type of depictions of hard drug use and sexual violence.

The only FF game I've played through is XIII Part 1 and that did bore the shit out of me. Still finished it though even though the story made absolutely no sense.
I started it thinking it was a shiny, gorgeous mess. I hated two thirds of the cast and stopped caring about the story.

Then I got to Gran Pulse and somehow managed to spend 100 hours there.

Cerity

Bought one of those bed in a boxes you order online. Have to say, I'm pretty impressed, I ordered it before I left for work this morning and the courier gave me a call at around 3:30pm saying he's dropped it off.

Comfy as heck too, hopefully it lasts.

Shaneus

Bought one of those bed in a boxes you order online. Have to say, I'm pretty impressed, I ordered it before I left for work this morning and the courier gave me a call at around 3:30pm saying he's dropped it off.

Comfy as heck too, hopefully it lasts.
Casper?

Cerity

lazybed, just happened to be the cheapest one at the moment. Did a heap of research, there are probably 10-15+ vendors of similar beds in australia and all doing the same type of thing. 3 month trial, same day delivery etc. Pretty hard to decide.

lazybed, just happened to be the cheapest one at the moment. Did a heap of research, there are probably 10-15+ vendors of similar beds in australia and all doing the same type of thing. 3 month trial, same day delivery etc. Pretty hard to decide.

Looked up the price of a Queen one of that brand.

ri2MWSA.gif

Damn. Reminds me I've been living on a $150 mattress for the last 10 years lol. Wish I had that kind of money.

hidys

Has anyone traded in a 3DS XL to eb games/jbhifi in recent times? I want to buy a Switch and I already have a new 3DS XL so this thing is worthless to me. Anyone got any advice this this front?

Dead Man

I just bought a couple Ikea mattresses, they were cheap as hell, pretty damn comfortable, and come rolled up so they fit in a wagon, and have proper springs and all.

Shaneus

Looked up the price of a Queen one of that brand.

ri2MWSA.gif

Damn. Reminds me I've been living on a $150 mattress for the last 10 years lol. Wish I had that kind of money.
I remember looking up the prices of Casper mattresses after hearing them get flogged on Idle Thumbs. Even in USD they're expensive!

Recreat3

I just bought a couple Ikea mattresses, they were cheap as hell, pretty damn comfortable, and come rolled up so they fit in a wagon, and have proper springs and all.

My whole double mattress and frame from ikea fit in my lancer. Fairly comfortable aswell for the price.

Back after a two week ban.

On mattresses, don't skimp the time, effort or money on getting a good one.
It's a piece of furniture that you spend 1/3 of your life on.

jambo

I'm in Melbourne!

Anyone interested in an evening catch up one night? Nothing too​ big, just totally forgot that the F1s will only keep us busy during the day.

Jintor

I realise the ratio of my work bitching posts has gone up significantly recently but man

Fucking work I swear to God

I just want to die

I realise the ratio of my work bitching posts has gone up significantly recently but man

I just want to die
Seek.com.au

You will find something better. Not instantly maybe, but eventually. In the meantime keep working, and keep lookIng.

I find it really helps to have standing plans on a Friday night too, even if it's just really simple like having pizza at a friends place every Friday or something. It really helps compartmentalise the working week and gives you something tangible to look forward to.

Deeku

I just want to die
any more people leave??

on happier news, i was finally able to get a switch at a reasonable price, can't wait to start me some zerrrudaaaa tonight!! :D

So now that I'm back in civilisation, I had a quick look in my local shopping centre to scope out prices and availability for Zelda on Wii U. It's not there, guys, and the Switch displays appear to have been picked clean of everything bar 1, 2 Switch.

I was under the impression that Australia didn't have a supply problem.

This is going to be the NES Mini all over again isn't it?

So now that I'm back in civilisation, I had a quick look in my local shopping centre to scope out prices and availability for Zelda on Wii U. It's not there, guys, and the Switch displays appear to have been picked clean of everything bar 1, 2 Switch.

http://www.comparegames.com.au/Wii-U/The-Legend-Of-Zelda-Breath-Of-The-Wild/prices/13627

Blame nintendo pretty sure they chose the supply run ....

you can buy it digitally on Wii U, right? My bro did. yeah, you'll pay 99 but I doubt anywhere will be discounting it anytime soon.

Last week I saw a USED switch in the window of CEX in cambridge, it was about 60 pounds (A$100) more than the price I paid on Amazon for one at launch. They are buying them used for the same price I bought one new.

They only had one shipment which was odd. Plenty of stock but without constant restocking it of course sold out. Hell even our small country Target got like 20 copies of it on WiiU which is more than most AAA games!

Plenty here though of course.

TheBear

I've got a bucks party coming up and I'm thinking of bringing my Switch and EB renting 12 Switch. My fear is that it will come off as lame instead of dumb fun. Thoughts? Plan on being completely hammered before breaking it out

They only had one shipment which was odd. Plenty of stock but without constant restocking it of course sold out. Hell even our small country Target got like 20 copies of it on WiiU which is more than most AAA games!

Plenty here though of course.

I still think Zelda Wii U will be a one and done type deal with the physical release. I could see it going up in price within a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom