• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually been a few Rugby games release on current gen! Most sports stuff is doing amazing on mobile so there really isn't much point doing a console version when you take ROI into account.

I refuse to believe this is a PS4/Xbox One game. I guess it's the best you can hope for a game catered towards 1 country of 24 million.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eECRwrUw1RQ

Considering the budget and development time I thought it actually looks quite good. Not sure how it plays tho.

Quasar

Actually been a few Rugby games release on current gen! Most sports stuff is doing amazing on mobile so there really isn't much point doing a console version when you take ROI into account.

Considering the budget and development time I thought it actually looks quite good. Not sure how it plays tho.

Can't say I've even looked into mobile sport games. About the only way I'd play those would be if it was a manager sim. that would work on a touch screen.

That actually makes me wonder/hope for a Switch Football Manager.

Yea know im not a Sports game Fan in the slightest but that is a bit disappointing that its been sent out to the Dog House ie Mobile gaming the problem there is Port on top of a port on top of a port and qunityfiy that a few times

or has it been given a better Chance since EA more less has the monopoly on consoles with fifa , Fuckonami has PES and Take two has something if i recall ?

just how dos this Compare on a scale of 1 to micro transactions ? i mean do you still get the anunalised releases on mobile or is that translate to a Bi monthly thing :p ?

bomma_man

And a divided country at that. Makes me wonder when the last union game was.

We can't even get a good cricket game.

At least with cricket we just have to wait until India has a sufficiently large middle class to sustain a FIFA quality game.

AFL games, on the other hand, will never be good.

Stackboy

Checked out Netherworld in Brisbane yesterday. Great place. They have my fave arcade game, Point Blank, so they get a tick from me.

Shaneus

Checked out Netherworld in Brisbane yesterday. Great place. They have my fave arcade game, Point Blank, so they get a tick from me.
I just looked them up and it's what I suspected (and heard, I think)... one of the guys involved used to live down in Melbourne and help run one of the first regular pinball competitions down here. I think he's the reason there are 15 pinnies there!

For any AusGAFers who call Hobart home:

If I were looking to see a midnight (opening night) session of The Last Jedi in Gold Class (or whatever a chain calls its fancy cinema), where would I go? Would such a thing even be possible? :)

It's crazy how hard it is to find this game. I thought about giving up and buying it on PSN. Does anyone know where to find a physical copy?

EDIT: Just checked ozgameshop. They must have got some stock in since last I checked.

http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps4-games/persona-5-ps4-game--

you can also order it thro base.com for a bit less

around 71 posted

JB also have it

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/games-consoles/platforms/playstation-4/persona-5/403968/

for delivery at least

Ignignort

For any AusGAFers who call Hobart home:

If I were looking to see a midnight (opening night) session of The Last Jedi in Gold Class (or whatever a chain calls its fancy cinema), where would I go? Would such a thing even be possible? :)

Yep it's gold class, there are only village cinemas in Hobart area. There is a small independent cinema called the state, but I dunno if they would have it on open night.

There is a cinema in Hobart, another at Rosny which is about 15min drive from Hobart and another at Glenorchy again about 15-20 min drive.
Hobart might be the only cinema which does gold class though.

Yep it's gold class, there are only village cinemas in Hobart area. There is a small independent cinema called the state, but I dunno if they would have it on open night.

There is a cinema in Hobart, another at Rosny which is about 15min drive from Hobart and another at Glenorchy again about 15-20 min drive.
Hobart might be the only cinema which does gold class though.
Thanks Ignignort!

jambo

Yeah but they don't need a demo because you can refund that and have it sitting in your Steam account instead of bank account. So it's a pretty good deal all told.

Makes sense. People should really just get their payslip put in to their Steam accounts going forward.

Damn, I thought the A-league final was live on SBS. Went to the Guardian website and they spoiled the result in a big red banner at the bottom.

That'll teach me to watch the A-league, I don't even know like 85% of the players.

Anyone had to return their left JoyCon to Nintendo Australia to be repaired or placed due to the desync issue? I've only every really used the ProController or handheld mode since launch but today I was using the two joycons separated today while playing Mario Kart. Several times the left joycon (and specifically the left analogue stick) stopped responding to input and i'd start driving off the track or into walls.

Is it a fairly simple process and quick turn around?

Anyone had to return their left JoyCon to Nintendo Australia to be repaired or placed due to the desync issue? I've only every really used the ProController or handheld mode but I was using the two joycons separated today while playing Mario Kart. Several times the left joycon and specifically the left analogue stick stopped responding to input and i'd start driving off the track or into walls.
Are you able to return it to where you bought it? When I rang Nintendo over a faulty battery in the pro controller they suggested I do that if I could. They would also repair it otherwise.

Are you able to return it to where you bought it? When I rang Nintendo over a faulty battery in the pro controller they suggested I do that if I could. They would also repair it otherwise.

Got it from EB games. I actually got a DOA Switch and had to return it the same day I bought it and they swapped it out no problem. Don't know if they'd swap my joycon since I've had it a few months but I'll give them a call tomorrow and try my luck.

The wait is over! Finally seeing a 'early' (yeah, don't make me laugh) screening of John Wick 2 tonight at Shellharbour with a bunch of friends.

I had honestly almost forgot the movie existed before I got an Event Cinema newsletter and was reminded that it's finally coming out.

Jintor

Continuing Saga of the Legal Firm: the replacement solicitor for the replacement solictor for the solicitor who was here six years and has now left, has not been hired despite the boss talking for about a month about how they were going to hire him
I'm on seek, indeed and jora basically every lunch break

Watched John Wick with some friends and they all thought it was rubbish. Just senseless violence. I then showed them The Raid.

Which is also senseless violence?.. I love The Raid: Redemption and the sequel but c'mon, it isn't really story driven either.

Anyway, my friends and I really enjoyed John Wick: Chapter 2 tonight. The story is largely just a vessel for the action, obviously, but what's wrong with that, really?

Some great action and a good amount of levity too! Good movie to see with a bunch of mates for a bit of fun. Look forward to seeing it again soon.

Ashtrax

So bloody frustrated with my Telstra cable connection. Been getting weird upload drop spikes while streaming, while my Internode ADSL+ is stable.

The worst part is going to be dealing with their tech support tomorrow. Rage inducing.

So bloody frustrated with my Telstra cable connection. Been getting weird upload drop spikes while streaming, while my Internode ADSL+ is stable.

The worst part is going to be dealing with their tech support tomorrow. Rage inducing.

Same here with Telstra cable, wonky for a few days now. iiNet ADSL is fine. I have a feeling in my area NBN tweaks are the root cause of all my cable issues.

Ashtrax

NBN isn't coming to my area until late next year. So Telstra must be doing some weird work in the background to cause the weird spikes.

But I'm not surprised with how bad their maintenance has been, the download meter hasn't been working for two months now, and I'm just going nuts on downloads.

Once the NBN was available in my area the cable became wonky and that didn't change.

But they'll put you on NBN eventually anyway, you won't have a choice :(

Must resist. I'll hold out for as long as I can. I'm expecting years of them having wonkiness while they sort the network out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom