• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

kase23

5 minutes in gimp resulted in this

iaus.jpg

I regret nothing!

Was wondering what happened to the old thread when I saw it was locked lol.

Still undecided if I'll even pick up MK, bit burnt out on fighters.

I missed the moment the last thread ticked over :(

And I've got to get a hustle on - dropped out of the cumulative top 10 in the last thread. That's it, from now on, screw quality; I'm going for volume!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think the bag of crap was originally my idea or maybe I was the one who pushed it onto everyone :D

@Ham, Choc posted more than me in the second thread and I posted a crap load in the first thread. Like the second I will probably take it easy in this one. The majority of the first threads posts were usually me trying to help someone and answering questions.

After the sydgaf meetup I realised that the only thing outside of the thread that ausgaf actually uses, Is steam chat. Every other venture that the group has tried has ended up failing within the first month, Hell I forgot all about the wiki at the meetup.

Now that we have a third thread I believe it's safe to say Ausgaf likes to talk a ton of shit and play fuck all games. Confirmed.

evlcookie said:
Now that we have a third thread I believe it's safe to say Ausgaf likes to talk a ton of shit and play fuck all games. Confirmed.
I think Steam chat has revealed exactly how many games we don't bother playing unfortunately. It's almost as bad as Xbox Live.
215547119_n8Q6A-L-2.jpg

Kritz

Banned
Sup AusGAF.

For future reference, these things don't work:

wikia
irc
game nights
podcasts
comics (unless you're gaz)
getting past the first 2 hours of nwn2

but these things do work:

buying new video games
never playing new video games
dicking around in the fucking thread or in steam chat
idling in like 12 different games to get portal 2 to release an hour early

Gazunta

AH I WASN'T READY

WE HAVE TO GO BACK, AUSGAF

WE HAVE TO GO BAAAACK

I'm drawing something now

Also, I got into work today and someone left a Sega Saturn steering wheel on my desk. That was a nice way to start the week.

Jintor

reptilescorpio said:
I think Steam chat has revealed exactly how many games we don't bother playing unfortunately. It's almost as bad as Xbox Live.

I play so many games. The rest of you pansies can suck it!

Hello all, can't believe i missed the 20k post this weekend!

oh well, just dropping into 3.0.

Wasn't able to help out with the indie games for portal 2 this weekend as it just got far too busy and out of hand.

Ive owned my 360 for around 4 years now. over that time ive played a bunch of games on it and i consider myself a pretty big gamer. end gamerscore 5.5k

My housemate, does not play games that much. He hits the gym constantly and goes out drinking. He has been playing games using my 360 for the past 6-9 months. current gamerscore 10000

im not sure what to think about that. ahahah. we both realized on the weekend and i think hes a little sad inside after i explained what it was.

Marshmellow said:
Ive owned my 360 for around 4 years now. over that time ive played a bunch of games on it and i consider myself a pretty big gamer. end gamerscore 5.5k

My housemate, does not play games that much. He hits the gym constantly and goes out drinking. He has been playing games using my 360 for the past 6-9 months. current gamerscore 10000.
Really depends on the games. Most Ubisoft games give you achievements for putting the game in the drive, pressing Start, jumping and shooting (it's OK, you don't have to hit anything).

Then you get games like L4D2 which has achievements like killing 10,000 tanks, or GOW2 which has one for getting 100,000 kills.

codswallop said:
Really depends on the games. Most Ubisoft games give you achievements for putting the game in the drive, pressing Start, jumping and shooting (it's OK, you don't have to hit anything).

Then you get games like L4D2 which has achievements like killing 10,000 tanks, or GOW2 which has one for getting 100,000 kills.

Fair point. he has been playing AC2 and brotherhood and splinter cell. amongst many other games. i think the thing is, despite not being a huge gamer he somehow managed to be a giant collection/achievement whore without trying.

it put me to shame. i also showed him geometry wars 2.....hes utterly hooked.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Kritz said:
game nights

Game nights do work on a new release and only for the first week, Good enough i guess D:

We should try have another NFS session before dirt 3 and portal come out. I think people enjoyed that last time.

Bernbaum

Kritz said:
Sup AusGAF.

For future reference, these things don't work:

wikia
irc
game nights
podcasts
comics (unless you're gaz)
getting past the first 2 hours of nwn2

but these things do work:

buying new video games
never playing new video games
dicking around in the fucking thread or in steam chat
idling in like 12 different games to get portal 2 to release an hour early
Haha! Yes!

I like that the one thing we're really good at is being consumerist whores.

All: Congratulations on AusGAF 3.0. I'm glad that I can be an active part of this one from the beginning. It also seems that the end of the last thread and the birth of this one has brought out loads of old members - sweet!

Bernbaum: fantastic work on the 20000 banner!

HolyCheck said:
my mum taped it, will probably watch it tomorrow as i eat lunch or something
"my mum taped it". That old classic, huh?

Mar said:
I am now 150 odd games stronger. Which the number conveniently matches the price I paid for this ridiculous lot too.
Quite clearly, this is the crowning glory of that collection:

Samantha Fox Strip Poker tape box <--with C64 graphics that is going to be killah!

Gazunta

Planet_JASE said:

Samantha Fox Strip Poker tape box <--with C64 graphics that is going to be killah!
2011-02-24-Videogame-54.gif

In other news, AusPost says my MvC3 is onboard with driver for delivery today YEEEEAH

I'll have a AusGAF 3 thingy ready for lunch, honest. I'm halfway through it but I have a DAY JOB I WOULD LIKE TO DO NOW.

Mar

In memory of AusGAF 2.0, I finally post these pictures.

sydgaf1.jpg

sydgaf2.jpg

Wherein most of SydGAF were converted to Bulmers cider.

Mar

Planet_JASE said:

Gazunta's comic sums this game up well. I can't even remember if there are actual boobs in it.

Sadly, I think it was the best adult game on the C64. Everything else was so horrible you'd rather jack off to The Golden Girls.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh god, My left boob in that picture. Run away

Also, If you use outlook and you have kept emails from 2008 with a database size of 16GB. You're insane.

jambo

We had like 10 users at work with emails going back to 2004 that were 10-15GB each.

They just don't think about it like we do.

YAY 3.0.

This Portal 2 ARG is dissapointing. Can't believe that Valve hasn't done anything given the near unanimous cries of this shit be slow.

Gazunta said:
GOLD!

Mar said:
Sadly, I think it was the best adult game on the C64. Everything else was so horrible you'd rather jack off to The Golden Girls.
People normally don't?

evlcookie said:
Also, If you use outlook and you have kept emails from 2008 with a database size of 16GB. You're insane.
I'm insane. My Outlook folder is huge. However, the number of times that I've saved my own ass by presenting an email directive someone's given in the past is also huge.

I regret nothing.

jambo said:
We had like 10 users at work with emails going back to 2004 that were 10-15GB each.

They just don't think about it like we do.
REGRET NOTHING.

The files on store locally on my laptop, if that helps you all sleep better

jambo

A couple of them had the cache locally turned on on their laptops, so they had 10GB on the server AND the laptop :lol

I've got about 6000 emails in my Inbox at work, going back to May 2007 when I started.

Gmail and Hotmail are about 2500 each.

Stackboy

I'm not sure what's going on in here at the moment. Figure I'll just run and flap my arms for a bit, until I figure out what the cool topic is, in the coolest of threads.

Strewth.

Any Brisgaffers heading to the Mana Bar tonight, for some MvsC3 fun?

jambo

Wow, just checked my Hotmail account details and it's been active since May 4th, 1999.

Probably made it to be able to have an account on EA's SimCity website :lol

Jintor

FreeFallin' said:
YAY 3.0.

This Portal 2 ARG is dissapointing. Can't believe that Valve hasn't done anything given the near unanimous cries of this shit be slow.

I kinda want to do a big article on them after this all blows over... but I bet Gamasutra will get there first]

ARG Post-Mortem, eh?

Top Bottom