• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF IV - A No Hope, Government - Double the price, region locked and now adults

Kerrby

Banned
Ydahs said:
It's still on wherever you're at? My bad.

It's okay, I forgive because of the Eagles game ;).

But seriously fuck Carlton, they may have just cost me $150 :(. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Jintor

Once, just once, I'd like to buy some headphones that don't lose hearing in one ear after approximately 9 months. Sigh.

Anyone have any headphone recommendations? Preferably flip-ones that I can store in a pocket when unneeded. Price range $100 - 150, but willing to pay more for ones that won't nuke themselves after 9 months.

Jintor

3chopl0x said:
I generally watch anime subbed because most dubbing sucks ass, is cowboy bebop an exception?

Bebop is the only anime I know of where even the creator said the dubbing was superior to the Japanese

This is probably because it's a space western

hamchan said:
It was the ending you hated. Like 90% of the series is good robot vs monster action with emo kids then they suddenly add all this crazy bullshit that nobody can understand at the end.

The creator had a mental breakdown and the studio ran out of money. I'm not kidding either.

Darklord

Banned
I went to request a HQ version of a picture on 4chan(they seem good at finding them) and I get a message saying my ISP has blocked posting on that site. What's this shit? Since when have ISP blocked certain sites like that?

Edit: Oh wait, 4chan blocked my ISP provider it seems. I guess if people post illegal stuff too much they just ban the entire isp. That kinda sucks.

Jintor

Kerrby, if you ever go to an AusGAF meet that I am at, I'm going to have to kick you in the nuts. Just a warning.

Choc

Banned
so ive played some driver sf final version

fuck, game is good. Like really good. So many interesting elements and the story also is interesting as well

on paper it sounds so shit but in practice somehow Ubisoft has pulled it off.

Jintor

i'm with you choc. This game is fun. It knows the story is dumb and it milks it for all it's worth. the driving is ace. the mission choice is ace. Posessing people is fun and ace. Dialogue is fun and ace.

Shaneus

bodyboarder said:
That will teach you for buying a dvd.

Also this weeks futurama wasn't too bad, only one episode to go though for the season :(
Ugh, I know. S2 DVD comes out soon and I think I'm going to import then rip it for media player awesomeness. Not much of an incentive to buy legit media when it's been bent over on the transfer AND the anti-piracy trailer. Hopefully the US copy won't have it (I've never seen it on any of my US DVDs or HD-DVDs).

hamchan said:
It was the ending you hated. Like 90% of the series is good robot vs monster action with emo kids then they suddenly add all this crazy bullshit that nobody can understand at the end.
I watched it when it was first shown on SBS here many, many moons ago. I did enjoy the vast majority of it but then when it got REALLY weird towards the end, it soured my previous experience with it. I seem to vaguely remember they were going to reproduce the ending or retcon it or something. Am I right or does my memory fail me?
Jintor said:
The creator had a mental breakdown and the studio ran out of money. I'm not kidding either.
I remember hearing that they ran out of money toward the end, but had no idea about the creator losing it. If it was a gradual descent into madness (ie. it started with a few episodes to go, then got worse) then you can definitely see it in the story. Some seriously weird shit going on with it later in the series.

Oh, and on Cowboy Bebop... I've never seen a single episode. Should I go hunting? What do I need to look for, regarding different versions of the series, different seasons etc.?

markot said:
I dont get the point of cameras on tablets though >.< everyone tends to have mobiles with better camers, and their smaller frame is much more suited to photo taking!

this i can get behind. especially when i saw a guy at the louvre taking pics with his ipad2.

mandiller said:
err yeah. That's the one. I was under the impression it was called Machinegun Jetpack for some reason.

it was. name change apparently.

Jintor said:
Once, just once, I'd like to buy some headphones that don't lose hearing in one ear after approximately 9 months. Sigh.

Anyone have any headphone recommendations? Preferably flip-ones that I can store in a pocket when unneeded. Price range $100 - 150, but willing to pay more for ones that won't nuke themselves after 9 months.
I recommend either buying cheap $20 pair every 9 months as they will always get damaged in transit to and from work or buying a fancy wireless headset where there are no wires to get pulled out.

EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH GUNGRAVE AS IT IS A FANTASTIC ANIME MINISERIES.

Also I have the remix DVDs of Bebop that came out in 2005 and they look great, Jb Hi Fi should have it in stock still.

I was having that problem Jambo I think it was a problem with my win7 install as putting it on a new HDD seems to have stopped the startup errors I was getting. You should buy that cheap m4 and put the os on that !

midonnay

Darklord said:
That was in the dvd release too.

yeah, lttp :p

first time I've seen it since alittle kid infront of the tv in the early nineties.

hasn't aged well but I can see why fans are pissed off .... the eyeline doesn't even match, its like he's perving at some chick instead of looking admiringly at his son.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Also I have the remix DVDs of Bebop that came out in 2005 and they look great, Jb Hi Fi should have it in stock still.
Getting it now. I have a mate who's into some anime who loves the shit out of it. Hopefully it's a bit easier to get into that the "harder" stuff like Robotech/Macross.

Just read all the changes that Lucas has made over all the years... How the hell can I watch a copy of the original movies? Would love to watch them remastered on bluray but the Vader scream and Obis jibber jabber scream just rub me the wrong way.

Shaneus said:
Getting it now. I have a mate who's into some anime who loves the shit out of it. Hopefully it's a bit easier to get into that the "harder" stuff like Robotech/Macross.
I would argue that Bebop is the perfect introduction to anime for nonwatchers. Easy to get into and full of pop culture references. Lots of fun.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I would argue that Bebop is the perfect introduction to anime for nonwatchers. Easy to get into and full of pop culture references. Lots of fun.
Glad to hear it! Might down a few episodes before I have to head to the folks' for Father's Day stuff.

reptilescorpio said:
Just read all the changes that Lucas has made over all the years... How the hell can I watch a copy of the original movies? Would love to watch them remastered on bluray but the Vader scream and Obis jibber jabber scream just rub me the wrong way.
You might have to scour through, but this thread is bound to have the answers you seek. If it helps, someone suggested to Google "Star Wars despecialized" but I don't know if that's for the original trilogy or just A New Hope.

Omi said:
All the anime talk makes me remember Mysterious Cities of Gold.
Funny you should mention that. I've been recently converting my DVD collection for my WDTV and that was moved to the top of the list yesterday as I've been on a bit on an animation fixation, lately.

It only ever aired on the ABC's 'Afternoon Show with Michael Tunn/James Valentine' (had a rotation of Monkey, Press Gang, DeGrassi, The Goodies, Metal Mickey etc) and I never, ever, ever, saw the beginning of that series. My memory was that it ran for far longer than it actually did.

I'm slightly afraid to watch it again, just in case, well, you know.

Kerrby

Banned
Jintor said:
Kerrby, if you ever go to an AusGAF meet that I am at, I'm going to have to kick you in the nuts. Just a warning.

A bit of unf and arnph.

39491%20-%20Dexter%27s_Laboratory%20action_hank%20animated%20cartoon_network%20punch.gif

This is how shit goes down.

P.s you're the pony ;).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443505

Omi said:
Opeth. 8)

My Monday at work is set.
It is a change of pace but still brilliantly performed. Just like the recent Thrice albums. The newest of which came out the other day and is brilliant and everyone should listen to.

Omikron

reptilescorpio said:
It is a change of pace but still brilliantly performed. Just like the recent Thrice albums. The newest of which came out the other day and is brilliant and everyone should listen to.
Opeth never disappoint.

Also really looking fwd to Steven Wilson's new album.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Holy shit. Watched the first episode and even my ADHD-riddled brain is able to follow and enjoy it. Soundtrack is fucking awesome, too. Really different.

I haven't seen Firefly but know a little about the premise, it seems like they're very similar.

Echoplx

Rahk said:
Yes.

The only anime I've seen where I'm happy to watch dubbed.
Jintor said:
Bebop is the only anime I know of where even the creator said the dubbing was superior to the Japanese

This is probably because it's a space western
Ok sweet, I'll have to watch it soon then!

Anyone else getting into Usagi Drop? Taka picked it up recently and have done 6 episodes so far, supposed to be really good.

EB seems to be doing a reasonable deal for anyone wanting a PS3 and Driver- $350 for both

after the Driver 3 debacle, I'm out

Shaneus

Okay Grandpa, I'll get right onto the gardening and cross-stitch then. Don't want to be enjoying myself too much!

I realised last night that I don't actually use my Facebook for Facebook-y stuff and rather was just using it to follow content producers, so I closed it and got a Twitter account instead.

@AladdinBunnies

Bernbaum

So I burn up to the sunny coast for Father's Day only to learn that my hippy lefty parents have installed solar panels on their house so they can "do their part for the environment" and I've never been more disappointed as a son.

Agyar said:
Anime? Are you guys Benjamin Buttons, reverse-aging your way through hobbies?
More detail is needed on this thinly veiled insult. What is wrong with Anime? Or are you living in a world where the stereotype of underage school girls showing their panties off is correct for the entire usage of the word? In that case since you are Australian you are a racist criminal.

Jintor

3chopl0x said:
Ok sweet, I'll have to watch it soon then!

Anyone else getting into Usagi Drop? Taka picked it up recently and have done 6 episodes so far, supposed to be really good.

It's fantastic. Haven't watched past the first episode because I don't think my heart can take the HRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH. (This denotes cuteness, and not in the creepy moe way you're thinking, you jerks)

Need more headphone recommendations you asshats

Bernbaum said:
So I burn up to the sunny coast for Father's Day only to learn that my hippy lefty parents have installed solar panels on their house so they can "do their part for the environment" and I've never been more disappointed as a son.
What is wrong with solar panels? I hate paying my electric bill.

The gf made sushi rolls so we went down the beach to eat them so the little guy could play in the sand. Started out cold and windy but thankfully the sun has come out now and it was quite nice. Not too far until summer now!

Jintor

I'm pissed off. I lost the third dvd of my Bebop boxset somewhere and will have to buy a new one.

I'm not really pissed off, I like buying anime, it makes me feel good.

hirokazu

Jintor said:
I'm pissed off. I lost the third dvd of my Bebop boxset somewhere and will have to buy a new one.

I'm not really pissed off, I like buying anime, it makes me feel good.
I have the first and second of the original Madman release if you want it, because I don't? :|

elektrixx

Banned
Just because a cartoon is cheaply made crappy japanese animation doesn't make it adult.

If you're deaf, all you can lip read from these shows is "bup bup bup bup bup" and then *teardrop from forehead* *fall over in two frames*.

Top Bottom