• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF - Twice the price, a year late, filtered and seized by customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

viewtifulsub said:
The tpg plans are great price and value wise.

But the problem is their servers over the 2 week (or two) have been experiencing peak hour issues. Pinging my exchange ends up being an avg of 100ms from around 8 to 11pm, which means shitty speeds.

Seems to be affecting quite a number of users also:
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1377061
Hmmm... problems seem pretty widespread, thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on it, see if TPG provides any info.

My ISP has pretty poor value at the moment compared to some plans, but their customer service and reliability have been pretty good, so I reckon I'll stick with them for a few more months. The doubled all their quotas a couple years ago, they should be in line to do it again with all these big caps that exist now.

markot said:
I cant play bfbc2 for more than 5 minutes without getting kicked >_<
Delete your Beta if you havent already.

Otherwise put your computer on a DMZ.

Further down the road add: KenjiNathan on steam

idahoblue said:
Man, that TPG plan looks okay, no gaming servers, but it is double my current quota for the same price.

For the bag o crap, I didn't make an account, but have an email confirming the bag has shipped.
Yeah I would recommend against TPG honestly, not a fan of their service very much. For example I have my uTorrent set up for 4am starts, because that's when my off-cap starts, but usually they still count it for on-cap because their timing is shit/whenever they want it to start.

makaveli13 said:
Haha sorry man i misread your post, saw you mention already being with TPG, assumed everyone had ADSL2 these days, then blanked the rest out :p
Haha no problem man, I was only joking anyway. But yeah , I'm hoping this iPrimus dealy is good because ADSL2 would be great seeing as a fair portion of my purchases come from Stream these days.

I apologise in advance if this is illegible, I just got back from a Pub crawl for O'week and I;m blind. I think I did a good job of editing this post though, just took me a while to write. :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Why do i get the feeling everyone who got an early sent message from 1-day will end up getting sunscreen? :lol

Ah this is fun.

legend166

Someone who isn't sitting at work like I am needs to go and check that Australians can access the Rock Band Network, which went up today.

gogogogo

BSS

legend166 said:
Someone who isn't sitting at work like I am needs to go and check that Australians can access the Rock Band Network, which went up today.

gogogogo

"Unable to connect to the Rock Band Network Store. This may be a temporary problem, or it may indicate that your gamer profile originates from a country that does not currently support XNA content."

My American account seems to work though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I slightly modified the heading to clarify that it's PC based names. If there are people from ausgaf who are picking it up on 360 or ps3 then we can throw a table down for you guys as well.

NZNova

evlcookie said:
Why do i get the feeling everyone who got an early sent message from 1-day will end up getting sunscreen? :lol

Ah this is fun.

FYI my "we sent your bag of crap" email didn't arrive until the day after the bag of crap itself :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
x3n05 said:
Cookie can you add my BC2 name, PVT_x3n. Stupid image verification isn't working for me creating an account.

Done. And whoever did the main page for the wiki, well done! Dunno what the russian is doing there but i like it :lol

Mar said:
So let me get this straight. Not only did you buy a random bag of crap where the retailer is guaranteed to make a profit. But you also have no way of telling if you were ever going to receive said item.

This is why we pay too much for everything in this country!!
It's a lucky dip! I don't apply actual rational thought to lucky dips ;_;

Still no confirmation email...

evlcookie said:
Done. And whoever did the main page for the wiki, well done! Dunno what the russian is doing there but i like it :lol

:D It's Greek and says Hello and welcome.

The Afrikaans and Farsi are gone now though. :( Looks good though Kritz!

I'll format the price list when I get a chance to, sometime later today.

Bernbaum

plufim said:
JB has punch out wii for $29 now. Totally fucking worth it.
It's been that price for several weeks now, as have Disaster: Day of Crisis and Animal Crossing: Let's go to the City WITH the Wii Speak attachment.

Best way to get Wii Speak, if your local JB has it.

teekun

Is the Wii Speak used for much else besides AC?

I have AC but I didn't get it bundled with the mic because I didn't really see the need.

I should be doing hw said:
Just got the new Gorillaz album - Plastic Beach. Hopefully its as good as their previous stuff, so far its more techno-y than I remember the others to be, good though.

I was listening to some tracks off it this morning... Seems a lot more experimental/hip hop compared to their previous albums. Which is fine with me :D

Rahk

Awesome product comments about the MiWi.
Lisa says:
I got my kids one of these, and for the amount you pay (compared to the expensive consoles) I think it does the job just fine! It keeps them entertained, and I didn't have to pay a fortune :)
1 hour ago
Tamara says:
DO NOT BOTHER PURCHASING THIS UNIT! I bought one online for $60 and it's absolutely terrible! Even the kids hated it! The graphics are awful, the games are crap, and the wireless capacity is just plain dodgy! Please don't waste your money like I did! You WILL regret it! Shame on you 1-day for selling such a terrible product to your loyal customers - I thought you were better than that!
1 hour ago

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Megadrive said:
Saw Borderlands for PC for $50 yesterday at Gametraders. Highpoint specifically.

It's $25 at zavvi. No real point buying it locally, usually no real point buying PC games locally.

legend166

BSS said:
"Unable to connect to the Rock Band Network Store. This may be a temporary problem, or it may indicate that your gamer profile originates from a country that does not currently support XNA content."

My American account seems to work though.

Well then, no RBN content for me.

Poor HMX, they could use my money.

Anksta

Is Borderlands a Steamworks game? I pretty much only buy games on Steam or games whose CDKey I can add to Steam.

Go Steam!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
^ I don't think it is, i could be wrong though. I know it uses gamespy for multiplayer games and maybe gfwl for the rest of it?

Yay no friend coming down tonight so i can join in on the BC2 fun. I don't think there's a set time for it, so whenever you are able to play BC2 multiplayer just join the steam chat and everyone should be there.

Hopefully we can try and fill a sever with some squads. As for vent and mumble, I will let you guys who have mics and want to use them mess around with the latter option. It would be nice to get a couple of opinions on how it works compared to vent.

Fredescu

I bought a desk mic today so I can use my comfortable headphones.

Lots of bitching about conquest mode in the BC2 thread. Let's try some Rush tonight!

Rlan

Hey guys, Halfbrick have released Blast Off for iPhone!

Various hazards must be avoided, and if the ship crashes into an object the mission fails.

- 45 missions across four difficulty settings.

- Planets and Asteroids will have gravity and attract the ship, allowing players to float around the level.

- Black Holes will attract the ship with even more ferocity.

- White Holes have a reverse gravity field, pushing the ship away.

- Mission success is ranked on several factors: remaining fuel, remaining air, astronauts collected.

- Awarded Silver, Gold or Brick medals based on final mission outcome.

994310_2.jpg

994310_4.jpg

Just $1.19! Has a great new control scheme and complete OpenFeint support!

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/blast-off/id356994310?mt=8

Choc

Banned
Fuck Konami

Silent Hill shattered memories delayed until 26th April

its out today in Europe

WHAT
THE
FUCK

gonna import, what a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.