• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF - Twice the price, a year late, filtered and seized by customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I finally beat one of the bosses in Mega Man 9 last night. I've had the game for around a year or so now, but could never get anywhere. :lol Filled with a new-found sense of accomplishment, I went ahead and tried to best another. Didn't happen.

At this rate, I'm predicting a second boss to have fallen some time in 2011.

remz

Hmm, a retailer near me was selling FFXIII Xbox bundles. :0

2u6jjh2.jpg

MC llama

Neo Member
Soo, I bought one of the original SFIV tournament edition arcade sticks for the 360....and now I want to sell it. Anyone know what they are currently going for? I had a clumsy look on ebay but it didn't turn up much. Am I just better off sticking it in the cupboard if I'm not going to use it?

Deeku

So my buddy won vook's comp and he's taking me along. Hooray...?:lol

I actually entered too but forgot to write my details and mine probably wasn't funny

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
commanderdeek said:
So my buddy won vook's comp and he's taking me along. Hooray...?:lol

I actually entered too but forgot to write my details and mine probably wasn't funny

The fuck is it with you and winning comps? Write up a wiki entry about how you keep on winning.

Deeku

evlcookie said:
The fuck is it with you and winning comps? Write up a wiki entry about how you keep on winning.
:lol I just might go do that.

btw who wrote the Japanese on the wiki?

Edit: Umm editing looks complicated. Maybe I'll do it another time.

-Winnie-

Choc said:
Fuck Konami

Silent Hill shattered memories delayed until 26th April

its out today in Europe

WHAT
THE
FUCK

gonna import, what a joke

Zavvi is your friend. Last I checked I think they have the game for $40-50.

Rahk

Eye Drop said:
So, did Australia get the Rock Band Network today? Hoping to add that to my incentives list for importing RB2.
Yeah right.

Only countries with access to XNA can use the Rock Band Network. So nope.

You could make a US account to buy what you want and use it in your regular account though. You'd need US MS points for that.

legend166

I finally got around to playing the Darksiders demo.

Damn, I don't think I've ever played a more derivative game. I mean, it's just Zelda with a different skin. Still, we only get console Zelda once every 4 years it seems, so I'm not really complaining. I'm gonna buy the game.

Also, is ecogamer down for everyone else?

Axiom

My 360 is finally out of warranty, it's just a waiting game at this point so I'm thinking of getting an Elite just so I can transfer my stuff over before it starts to die for a third time. What's the failure rate on the Elite's? and since I can't get onto Ecogamer are there any particular deals of note going on of late.

I kind of regret not taking up one of those 'Get a tv and we'll throw in a 360 deals' over Christmas.

also Portal 2, eeeee

xMk2x

Banned
If you want to play the repair subscription game you can always buy an extended warranty for $80 or thereabouts and then claim a repair on that. It's cheaper than whatever they'll charge for a repair and at least if anything else goes wrong in the upcoming year you'll be covered.

Agyar

Morning crap-baggers.

This whole IW thing is annoying because the enthusiast press is acting like this is the first time a corporation that produces video games has ever done what corporations do. Welcome to the private sector.

Choc

Banned
Agyar said:
Morning crap-baggers.

This whole IW thing is annoying because the enthusiast press is acting like this is the first time a corporation that produces video games has ever done what corporations do. Welcome to the private sector.

Probably the first time its happened to the developer of the biggest grossing game in history?

Also, the implications of this legal case should it be proven are humungous. Activsion wouldn't be able to publish another modern warfare, or any COD past the vietnam war era

Fredescu

legend166 said:
I mean, it's just Zelda with a different skin.
The full game feels much more like a combo fighter with a zelda structure. Not that it's not derivative, but you kind of have to enjoy God of War style games to enjoy the game. I don't and I didn't.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The IRC Channel:
With the soon to be released mac steam client, the IRC channel is heading towards a possible end. It will still exist for the time being.

Steam chat on the other hand is open to everyone who has steam running. Even if you're a junior member and want to come in and chat, you can. Idle away! If you need an invite into the group just send me a PM on here or steam.

The wiki is actually getting some love. Hopefully more content can be added to it over the coming weeks :D

Quasar

Rahk said:
Yeah right.

Only countries with access to XNA can use the Rock Band Network. So nope.

What is up with that? You'd think MS would be keen on offering it as a differentiator with Sony.

Quasar

So perhaps someone can answer this for me. Last year (or maybe the year before) Sony Australia said as with the UK etc the Sony video store would open here in 2009. Haven't heard anything since. Anyone know anything about this?

Agyar

Choc said:
Probably the first time its happened to the developer of the biggest grossing game in history?

Also, the implications of this legal case should it be proven are humungous. Activsion wouldn't be able to publish another modern warfare, or any COD past the vietnam war era

The implications of any IP court ruling are big for the parties involved. It doesn't mean it's exciting.

Maybe I'm just jaded but I deal with corporate movement, restructuring and redundancies at work. The last thing I want is to listen to the Giant Bombcast on the way home and hear them talk about about two heads-of being let go like it's Michael Douglas starring in Wall Street: Modern Warfare.

hirokazu

I should be doing hw said:
I was outraged until I saw the pic of the kid in question...yeah put that thing away for good please.
I hate tryhard too-loud car stereo music as much as anyone else, and the kid looks messed up, but that's still hardly a reason to arrest someone, regardless of their appearance.

Quick question. How many of you own BFBC2 for PC or anticipate buying it in the near future? This is a question of the utmost importance and if you don't reply soon we will feed Kritz to the sharks.

There's been discussion of renting a server

Kirby102

Melbourne just got slapped with some badass rain... look what BOM said earlier:

15rxwyb.gif

^ I've never seen that label before D:

Now it's just flooding everywhere in Melb City

Dead Man

hirokazu said:
I hate tryhard too-loud car stereo music as much as anyone else, and the kid looks messed up, but that's still hardly a reason to arrest someone, regardless of their appearance.
Exactly. Kid is in all sorts of trouble in terms of being a man, but that's not illegal. It's bullshit, and if they succeed, any profanity in public would be prosecutable. Enjoy!

evlcookie said:
The IRC Channel:
With the soon to be released mac steam client, the IRC channel is heading towards a possible end. It will still exist for the time being.

Steam chat on the other hand is open to everyone who has steam running. Even if you're a junior member and want to come in and chat, you can. Idle away! If you need an invite into the group just send me a PM on here or steam.

The wiki is actually getting some love. Hopefully more content can be added to it over the coming weeks :D

Wait what? There is/was an IRC channel? I've been idling/sparsely chatting to Choc and a couple of others the last week or so in Steam and thought that was all there was. Info?

Sew said:
Haha, neither have I. Usually the GIANT RED ORB is warning enough. Must have been good.

It sucked, didn't even kill the electricity for any amount of time!

Sew said:

OK, maybe it just sucked in my area. :/

Rahk

Megadrive said:
Wait what? There is/was an IRC channel? I've been idling/sparsely chatting to Choc and a couple of others the last week or so in Steam and thought that was all there was. Info?
Most people just talk in Steam, but there's sometimes talk in IRC every now and then.

irc.induced.net #AusGaffe

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Megadrive said:

irc.induced.net #ausgaffe

It will stay alive for a long ass time. But steam seems to be the best place after the irc trial. Still welcome though.

Sew said:

I said what the fuck? Holy shit. I'm guessing it's making it's way near me soon ... yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom