• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF - Twice the price, a year late, filtered and seized by customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mush

Agyar said:
Just the avatar, although I originaly wrote "tag-quote" but that was not what I meant.
I guess that means I'm gonna have to roll with this thing forever now, otherwise the tag will mean nothing :(

Ydahs

It's absolutely disgusting how photographers stalk celebrities these days. The treatment of Clarke and Bingle is appalling. Don't these celebrities have a case of a breach of privacy when someone is snapping shots from outside their house or are flashing away in their faces?

Quasar

Mush said:
Move hasn't even sold me on Move.

Well its sold me on the potential of Move (what a stupid name). But then all I really wanted was something that fixed all the flaws (in my mind at least) of the Wii. And it seems to have done that plus it has added potential due to the use of cameras.

I'm yet to be convinced by natal as yet. One issue actually is with the ballgame demo..as cool as it looks its simply impracticable in my living environment. Which also comes up with 'Motion Fighter'. I like the idea and am curious to see how it turns out (that's the kind of thing I'm expecting on natal actually) but I can't see it being practical for me if it uses Moves 1:1.

One thing I am wondering is if I can save any cash by grabbing a cheap/used Eye now.

Mush

Quasar said:
One thing I am wondering is if I can save any cash by grabbing a cheap/used Eye now.
I still haven't got my Burnout Paradise platinum because of the damned mugshot trophy. I bought some cheap webcam but it didn't work so it might be a good excuse to finally pick up the proper camera.

Agyar

Ydahs said:
It's absolutely disgusting how photographers stalk celebrities these days. The treatment of Clarke and Bingle is appalling. Don't these celebrities have a case of a breach of privacy when someone is snapping shots from outside their house or are flashing away in their faces?

No, they don't, as far as the law is concerned. There are no laws against what you describe above. As long as they aren't breaking other laws (e.g. trespassing), taking photos of someone in/around their house or out in public is legal.

Your only real defense against this kind of behaviour is by using some other law (e.g. trespass as above, defamation or harassment).

devilru

Neo Member
hamchan said:
game.com.au has it for $79

Kmart has is it for $72 but I've had bad luck with Kmart and video games because they always seem to be out of stock.

I just took a Kmart catalogue and price matched at JB. Don't like buying games from Kmart because they aren't sealed <_<

Bernbaum

Well I'm in the final throes of completing Heavy Rain, and after initially writing it off as a pretentious piece of 'cuntwankery' I'm about to eat massive amounts of crow.

My final impressions of course could be made or broken by the ending sequence, but I have to admit the game has really drawn me in- in terms of both the narrative and the means by which the story is told.

I seem to enjoy games much more when I no very little about them and and completely ignore the hype.

Mar

mirrorsedges.jpg

Awesome.

Deeku

Just got home from the Monster Hunter event. Met D. lo, vook and some asian guy (sorry forgot your gaf name) which was cool.

It was a decent night I guess, but went for waaaay too long. There was lots of food and drink so I was happy. Also chatted to a lot of game press dudes which was interesting. I probably played Monster Hunter for 5 mins, game doesn't stand a chance here.

Edit:

D.Lo said:
Vook's on a mutherfukin boat!
:lol :lol :lol
Posting from the boat. Nice.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
D.Lo said:
Vook's on a mutherfukin boat!

And you too, and commanderdeek and everyone :D

commanderdeek said:
Just got home from the Monster Hunter event. Met D. lo, vook and some asian guy (sorry forgot your gaf name) which was cool.

It was a decent night I guess, but went for waaaay too long. There was lots of food and drink so I was happy. Also chatted to a lot of game press dudes which was interesting. I probably played Monster Hunter for 5 mins, game doesn't stand a chance here.

Never been to such a swish event, on an island underground no less!

Game isn't really one you can show in like 5 minutes anyway :D

D.Lo

Pics:

Approaching Cockatoo Island
IMG_3088.jpg

Assclown introduces a game he doesn't understand (he was okay tho)
IMG_3089.jpg

Cave full of props
IMG_3125.jpg

A game or something
IMG_3115.jpg

Take a picture, trick, Vook's on a boat bitch
IMG_3133.jpg

D.Lo riding on a dolphin, doing flips and shit
IMG_3134.jpg

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Playing Monster Hunter in a tunnel underground in the dark on an abandoned island seems just right...

Deeku

Awkward video game dudes waiting for boat & blocking the walkway. Bonus: random chicks' legs.
2lrfvd.jpg

I only took one pic cos my phone was running on very low battery:/

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
commanderdeek said:
Awkward video game dudes waiting for boat & blocking the walkway. Bonus: random chicks' legs.
2lrfvd.jpg

I only took one pic cos my phone was running on very low battery:/

RWMQYMMvl-1.jpg

finally did an avatar quote .. yes!

Frawdder

My Bag Of Crap Arrived! :D

BUT...I wasn't home to collect it, I was at the Clipsal (South Australian speak for our one round of V8 Supercars) all day.

That led to the awkward scene of my parents asking me what it was, which I managed to dodge by casually walking away and pretending to do something in my room.

Stay tuned, my bag of crap will be revealed tomorrow night...
It's (probably) going to be very anti-climatic and...crap

All right duders, finally got a PS3 and I'm looking for some game suggestions. I got the EB 250GB + FIFA 10 + Heavy Rain bundle. I have Killzone 2 (wanted to play for ages), LBP, Resistance 1 (mostly for co-op, 2 later) and Heavy Rain obviously. Uncharted 1 and 2 are on the menu next time I have more money. Mostly looking for PSN suggestions at the moment so if there's anything I should check out, let me know (already bought PixelJunk Eden).

Also are there any downloadable themes that look better than the sparkly classic theme?

Awesome, buying. Looks pretty good.

Anyone want to add me to PSN for kicks? ID is Mooosetwik (3 Os). I used my usual tag Moosetwik on my PSP years ago and somehow it's a US account.

Neverender said:
All right duders, finally got a PS3 and I'm looking for some game suggestions. I got the EB 250GB + FIFA 10 + Heavy Rain bundle. I have Killzone 2 (wanted to play for ages), LBP, Resistance 1 (mostly for co-op, 2 later) and Heavy Rain obviously. Uncharted 1 and 2 are on the menu next time I have more money. Mostly looking for PSN suggestions at the moment so if there's anything I should check out, let me know (already bought PixelJunk Eden).

Also are there any downloadable themes that look better than the sparkly classic theme?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206386

Im currently using Aniom Taiga. Looks amazing on my Pioneer Kuro

Kirby102

commanderdeek said:

lol who knew that you would be another asian :lol

Tis good seeing some GAFers, D.Lo and commanderdeek + his friend... yeah, and VOOK :D

I also played this for 5min also... just wanted the food :p Especially them little burgers omg.
122cgoz.jpg

And VOOK showing off his PokeWalker... :p
1f8v3q.jpg

But overall, I've never actualy played the series, so I found it preety hard... and died D: and I thought it was rather slow? :S

hamchan

devilru said:
I just took a Kmart catalogue and price matched at JB. Don't like buying games from Kmart because they aren't sealed <_<
Tried to do this at both GAME and EB but failed since they called up and checked if the game was in stock.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mac users i need your help. I need an application thats FREE FFS! That will copy my music from my iphone to my machine. No trial software bullshit that only allows me to copy 25 songs etc. I want one that's actually free.

Edit: Found an app that got me the mp3s i wanted even though it's still a trial version. Good enough.

rass

evlcookie said:
Mac users i need your help. I need an application thats FREE FFS! That will copy my music from my iphone to my machine. No trial software bullshit that only allows me to copy 25 songs etc. I want one that's actually free.

best I could find when my boss needed to do exactly this about a month ago:
http://www.fadingred.com/senuti/
30 days/1,000 songs trial - better than most shitty trials but still not "free"

edit:
just looked some more, holy shit it is a minefield of dicy looking apps out there, all claiming to be free, all costing $20

edit again:
curse you evlcookie!

Bernbaum

An e-mail I received this morning:

Re: Classification of computer games in Queensland

The above E-Petition you signed on the Queensland Parliament web site on 20/11/2009
has been responded to. To view the Ministers response please click on the hyperlink below.

In accordance with the E-Petitions privacy statement your details have been removed from
the E-Petitions database.

Yours faithfully,

Queensland Parliament

vgihsg.jpg

2 Minutes Turkish said:
JUST PRE-ORDERED MY GOW3 ULTIMATE TRILOGY EDITION!!!!

EB had 42 left and they're only selling them online right now

GO GO GO

As much as I love collector's editions, and want to get it, I just can't bring myself to drop $250 on this :(

Gaaraa

Picked up the GOW 1&2 Collection from Cashconverters for $30 last week and will be getting GOW3 for $71, so the $200+ price on that is crazy.

Can't see why anyone at all would bother.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
As much as i would love the ultimate edition (i'm still waiting for pre-orders to go up at play-asia, if they ever will) there's no way i would pay $250 for it. Considering you could import it from the states for $150 or so, the extra markup is just nuts.

But hey if you have the money and really want it then go nuts. Certainly not going to tell you how you should spend your own money.

NZNova

:lol loving the thread title. I USED MY SUNSCREEN it was awesome. I WENT OUTSIDE. There's this big-ass blue room out there!

evlcookie said:
As much as i would love the ultimate edition (i'm still waiting for pre-orders to go up at play-asia, if they ever will) there's no way i would pay $250 for it. Considering you could import it from the states for $150 or so, the extra markup is just nuts.

But hey if you have the money and really want it then go nuts. Certainly not going to tell you how you should spend your own money.

Thanks buddy.

Stackboy

Picked up the special edition of Sonic Classic Collection for DS yesterday. Comes with a tin box, which I now use to house all my DS games, a cool sonic figurine and some cards. Putting the cards up at work. The game itself suffers from frame rate drops, but is still really playable.

Pre-ordered Just Cause 2 as well. The demo is a riot.

Shaneus

Stackboy said:
Picked up the special edition of Sonic Classic Collection for DS yesterday. Comes with a tin box, which I now use to house all my DS games, a cool sonic figurine and some cards. Putting the cards up at work. The game itself suffers from frame rate drops, but is still really playable.

Pre-ordered Just Cause 2 as well. The demo is a riot.
Despite having not used my DS since forever, I'm tempted to get that for the tin case and figurine. Questions, though:

Is it limited or are all copies w/ collectibles?
How much?
Is it worth it?

Edit: Fishpond have it for $40. Reckon I'll get it, just 'cause I'm a bit of a fanboy. Still have the 10th Anniv. Sonic Adventure 2 sealed :lol

rass

evlcookie said:
Since the friends list in BC2 PC got wiped (thanks ea and dice) it's best to readd everyone again. Luckily we have the wiki! The in game names can be found here - http://ausgaffe.wikidot.com/in-game-names .

Cryptik has also added sigs for each person to show how much we suck. :D
do you all play it on PC? EDIT apparently I need to learn to read, yes you do
I kindof want it for no apparent reason. Except that you all have it so I could play against aussies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom