• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF - Twice the price, a year late, filtered and seized by customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Well, my bag of crap arrived..

.. and it's a bag.

sniedd.png

Image was bad to begin with, resizing just made it horrible.

Oh, and it actually smells pretty crap. Like bad enough that I might take it outside for a little while.

Any guesses to value?

Mush

I should be doing hw said:
Lets hope the fad stops here before moving on to New Zealand *shudder* Our accent is bad enough already.
Hey now, we're all friends here... No need for any of that.

JMizzlin

Any EB staff members lurking?

What is your policy on returning games whose bonus-codes inside are used?

Namely the export codes for music games like RB1 and Lego Rock Band, but it can also include 48 hour trials, and such. Can people still return the game if they've used such codes? Do they get less of their money back? Do you even check?

I'm just interested in store policy on the matter. Cheers!

BSS

Griffith said:
Finished the Q and A panel. It was quite good with some very interesting discussions, I'd recommend people watch it. In my opinion Dawkins came out of it looking the best, and Steve Fielding came out of it the worst.

Notice how they didn't even let Fielding respond to the last question.

Jackson

I just want to say, I love you so much Australia & New Zealand! If only your population was the size of the US 5TH Cell would be the most dominate developer in teh worldz. :lol

I dunno why my games do so amazing over there, it's like Hasslehoff and Germany or something, but I'll take it!

PS - Buy More!

Deeku

Mar said:
We put a bag in your bag so you can... Something something.
Nice:lol

Damn uni work, still haven't opened my FF13 or Y3.

Oh and that Monster Hunter Tri Nintendo event thingy is at Cockatoo Island...why couldn't it have just been in some building in the cbd:/

xMk2x

Banned
user_nat said:
Well, my bag of crap arrived..

.. and it's a bag.

sniedd.png

Image was bad to begin with, resizing just made it horrible.

Oh, and it actually smells pretty crap. Like bad enough that I might take it outside for a little while.

Any guesses to value?
Any photos inside?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Just finished watching Q&A. Not a bad episode. But god damn at julie bishop when that person in the audience called something else, the look on her face was :lol . Seemed like she was about to get up out of her chair and chop some heads off.

Ventron

Jackson said:
I just want to say, I love you so much Australia & New Zealand! If only your population was the size of the US 5TH Cell would be the most dominate developer in teh worldz. :lol

I dunno why my games do so amazing over there, it's like Hasslehoff and Germany or something, but I'll take it!

PS - Buy More!

We have taste :D It could also be that many more gamers get their news exclusively from the web over here.
I'd love to look at the source code to some of your games, just to see the kinds of algorithms involved in a good game engine. I'd really like to get into the games industry but I'm worried my maths and algorithms knowledge is a damp squib compared with those in the industry.

legend166

Eye Drop said:
Any EB staff members lurking?

What is your policy on returning games whose bonus-codes inside are used?

Namely the export codes for music games like RB1 and Lego Rock Band, but it can also include 48 hour trials, and such. Can people still return the game if they've used such codes? Do they get less of their money back? Do you even check?

I'm just interested in store policy on the matter. Cheers!

The RB1 export code is reusable, so go right ahead. That's what I did. Lego Rock Band is one use only though, so I don't know.

Aspiring

Got my LE FF13 today. Man its a good LE. other companies should take note. The artbook is superb. Have not touched the game though. Hope its good. Also the manual is also top shelf. Good job Sqeenix!

The worst part about the Heavy Rain LE was that the soundtrack was downloaded from the PS Store, which is the cheap option. So well done Square. $150 well spent.

Cohsae

Salazar said:
Jay Mascis on Spicks and Specks.

Coolest man alive. God damn.
I haven't gotten around to really checking out Dinosaur Jr. yet, but I think I'll have to just because of how cool/hilarious that dude was. Also Lano is the worst at cover versions ever.
In other news, PC Case Gear finally shipped my stuff this afternoon, so fingers crossed I'll be assembling a fancy new PC tomorrow.

Got a notice on my door today that a package arrived for me. I can pick it up at my local post office.

Looks like I'll have to wait until Saturday to take delivery of my bag of crap :\

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Jackson said:

PS - Buy More!

That's because the Australian Nintendo media is so awesome and we tell everyone about them. Plus err you make good games :p

Bernbaum

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Got a notice on my door today that a package arrived for me. I can pick it up at my local post office.

Looks like I'll have to wait until Saturday to take delivery of my bag of crap :\
It's just like christmas! Except that instead of Santa Claus you are visited by Hitler and instead of giving you an N64, he gives you a swift kick to the testicles and robs you of $16.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Aspiring said:
The PS3 version also comes with some registration code. What it does though is beyond me.
I was trying to create a transparent version of your avatar, but it ended up not looking quite right (fuzzy).

Here it is anyhow:
2mzjtkk.gif

Go the Broncos.

edit: You may use it.

Aspiring

user_nat said:
I was trying to create a transparent version of your avatar, but it ended up not looking quite right (fuzzy).

Here it is anyhow:
2mzjtkk.gif

Go the Broncos.

That looks cool. I like it better than my current one. And no need to spoiler that shit man. Say it out loud let the world know!!!! LETS GO BRONCOS!!!! :D

hirokazu

Aspiring said:
The PS3 version also comes with some registration code. What it does though is beyond me.
It's for an exclusive item in FFXIV plus a chance to be in the FFXIV beta (no sure abou Xbox on for that). Same thing came with the Japanese first print, but given how front loaded FF is in Japan, I'm not sure if there was ever a second print :p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
VOOK said:
That's because the Australian Nintendo media is so awesome and we tell everyone about them. Plus err you make good games :p

I was waiting for you to turn up but with numbers.

Would love to know what the numbers for aus/nz were for scribble and other 5th cell games, Considering we are meant to pirate everything under the sun in this country.

elektrixx

Banned
hirokazu said:
It's for an exclusive item in FFXIV plus a chance to be in the FFXIV beta (no sure abou Xbox on for that). Same thing came with the Japanese first print, but given how front loaded FF is in Japan, I'm not sure if there was ever a second print :p

How the hell do you use it? I visited the site and found nothing.

Aspiring

I have a question. Is Tony Hawk Ride worth $55? I have playasia credit so that would cover the shipping, but i am just curious, since they have it for sale for $55.

Aspiring

Ahh ok than. I knew it got REALLY bad reviews and GAF really hated on it, but i mean, $55.

Oh well, now to toss up on either MLB10 The Show or Battlefield. Is Battlefields single player any good? How does it compare to Modern Warfare? Not a huge online shooter nut.

Bernbaum

So a quick look through the FFXIII thread has suggested that the game is far from a must-buy at the moment. Don't think I've ever seen as much universal ridicule for a flagship AAA game in its own Official GAF Thread.

Maybe later in the year.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Bernbaum said:
So a quick look through the FFXIII thread has suggested that the game is far from a must-buy at the moment. Don't think I've ever seen as much universal ridicule for a flagship AAA game in its own Official GAF Thread.

Maybe later in the year.
You know something is wrong when I glance at a game sitting on the shelf and simply walk past it.

Bernbaum said:

Maybe later in the year.

I like it! (So far, about 5 hours in)

BUT

I will be putting it aside to play Yakuza 3. Speaking of which, my gf walked in last night whilst I was in the middle of an Enka karaoke session in the Yakuza 3 demo.

She just shook her head and left the room :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bernbaum said:

Maybe later in the year.

This and heavy rain will be something i pick up when it's on sale for $30 at zavvi. I'm in no rush for either but would like to give them a shot.

Bernbaum

evlcookie said:
This and heavy rain will be something i pick up when it's on sale for $30 at zavvi. I'm in no rush for either but would like to give them a shot.
I'm really getting into Heavy Rain, despite my apprehension.

It's miles away from what I typically like to experience when I sit down in front of my TV and pick up a controller, but I have to admire what the developers aimed to achieve with the game, even if they fell short in a few areas.

I think the story can only really be told as a video game - if someone were to take just the cutscenes and edit it together as a film without any interaction, I think it would be a very bland uninspired piece of story telling. Engaging the player directly with the controls is probably what makes the game work. I don't mind quick time events, but a game that does it poorly can fucking ruin it for me. Good thing that I think Heavy Rain does it well.

I'm quite far into the plot now, and I'm scratching my head as to just how different the game could have progressed if I'd made different, even subtler choices earlier on. I would love to give the game a second playthrough once I'm done just to see how many different ways the story can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom