• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF - Twice the price, a year late, filtered and seized by customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Dawkins was on Q&A? Ah i might see if it's on ABC iview, would love to watch that.

And HOLY SHIT MEGA BLOKS! That's awesome, you lucky fuckers :lol

Bernbaum

evlcookie said:
Dawkins was on Q&A? Ah i might see if it's on ABC iview, would love to watch that.

And HOLY SHIT MEGA BLOKS! That's awesome, you lucky fuckers :lol
Whether you like him or not, Dawkins bloody owned Q and A last night.

One of the most entertaining panels they've had. I'd gone right off the show ever since that painful episode where that Aussie female music artist whatever got way too emotional and blabbed on about an Anthony LaPaglia film.

PS3 version of BFBC2 has broken street date (lol) and is now being sold by pretty much everyone. In case anyone still gives a shit.

On another note, my game.com.au pre-order arrived quite early... I might have to pre-order stuff through them again.

Spectre

While driving up my driveway after coming home from work, I check the front porch - omg, a brown box! Ditched the car, sprinted down the driveway and furiously ripped open the box to find...

img0033rb.jpg

So not awesome. After reading this thread at work today, I wanted the lotion. :(

As an added consolation prize, the zip doesn't even work.

Dead Man

Most of the prices online for 70-80 piece mega bloks seem to be about AU$50, can anyone else confirm before I screw up the wiki page completely?

Evening Ausgaf, I come seeking advice. After being presented with what seemed to be shortage of Heavy Rain in the Brisbane CBD I've briefly looked into the prospect of online stores where supplies seem plentiful. Now I'm aware of Play Asia which seems popular for importing and such but I noticed another place, CD Wow is offering it for 70ish which seemed quite reasonable as I've yet to find it priced any less than 99 at retail outlets.

Just looking for some advice and perhaps recommendtions in this area. Any help would be much appreciated.

Griffith

Banned
Bernbaum said:
Mega Bloks FTW!

And wow at Q and A last night. I don't know (or care) what people's philosophical beliefs here might be, but none of the politicians who went up against Dawkins came away looking like they were in good shape. Tony Burke did well to earn my respect early on in the piece, but once he lost his cool he also lost my attention.
I just started watching the Q and A panel, and Steve Fielding just said Kevin Rudd believes in creationism. Is this true?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
SenorDingDong said:
Evening Ausgaf, I come seeking advice. After being presented with what seemed to be shortage of Heavy Rain in the Brisbane CBD I've briefly looked into the prospect of online stores where supplies seem plentiful. Now I'm aware of Play Asia which seems popular for importing and such but I noticed another place, CD Wow is offering it for 70ish which seemed quite reasonable as I've yet to find it priced any less than 99 at retail outlets.

Just looking for some advice and perhaps recommendtions in this area. Any help would be much appreciated.

CDWow is fine if you don't mind waiting.

Dead Man

Griffith said:
I just started watching the Q and A panel, and Steve Fielding just said Kevin Rudd believes in creationism. Is this true?
As far as I know, yep. K Rudd is a very religious person, almost as much as Abbott.

Rahk

trinest said:
Knowing my luck I would get the semen.
I thought that was on the better end of the scale.

BanShunsaku said:
:lol

So guys, out of morbid curiosity, is there any word of Deadly Premonition ever coming out in Europe/Straya?

It looks so bad I think I might actually enjoy it
I believe they are planning on bringing it out in Europe. I went to import it on 360, but it's not region free. :(

Kirby102 said:
Just wondering if anyone has bought from Fishpond before...

I am really tempted into buying 3000 MS Points for $39.99, but I don't want to get charged $5.99 for the shipping of the card itself. D:

Do they deduct the shipping costs and email the code? (Also, I applied a -$10 coupon too, so I guess $30 for 3000 MS Points is... worth it?) :D
I bought points during their last sale. They sent me a shipping confirmation email. I waited a couple weeks and never received it, so I emailed them. I'm guessing it was lost or something at Australia Post, and to their credit they offered to ship another one at no charge. I don't think they'll just email the code to you, but if they do let me know.

Kirby102

Rahk said:
I bought points during their last sale. They sent me a shipping confirmation email. I waited a couple weeks and never received it, so I emailed them. I'm guessing it was lost or something at Australia Post, and to their credit they offered to ship another one at no charge. I don't think they'll just email the code to you, but if they do let me know.

Yeah, I just fired an email to them earlier today... guess I can't screw around with them anymore, $36 for 3000 MS Points is good I guess... Here's that reply:

Hi xxxxx,

Thank you for clarifying the issue.

Unfortunately, we are unable to fulfill your request.

We need to send you the card so you can verify that it hasn't been tampered with.

The shipping cost will not be deducted as your order was under $49.

Kind Regards
xxxxx (different to the first one)

Customer Services Team
Fishpond.com.au

I got a iPhone!!!!!

Without the phone or anything cool that comes with an iPhone and your left with the dodgy camera that takes videos in SD 640/480 FUCK YEA

FUCK YES, BAG OF CRAP IS AWESOME

Agyar

SenorDingDong said:

JB Hifi in the McArthur centre have it in stock, as does the store on Adelaide st I think. $99 though from memory. If you're going to import, CD Wow have it marked 'in stock', which is a good sign and means it should probably ship straight away. Otherwise, try Zavvi or 365games.

JaseC said:
CDWow is fine if you don't mind waiting.

Time isn't really a huge issue but what sort of timespan are we talking about here?

Are any other large online stores worthy of mention?

Agyar said:
JB Hifi in the McArthur centre have it in stock, as does the store on Adelaide st I think. $99 though from memory. If you're going to import, CD Wow have it marked 'in stock', which is a good sign and means it should probably ship straight away. Otherwise, try Zavvi or 365games.

Thanks for the heads up on JB. They told me they wouldn't have stock until at least the 11th. I'll probably give CD Wow a go as you said they have it marked for quick shipment.

Griffith

Banned
Finished the Q and A panel. It was quite good with some very interesting discussions, I'd recommend people watch it. In my opinion Dawkins came out of it looking the best, and Steve Fielding came out of it the worst.

Salazar

How did AusGaffers with Demon's Souls come by their copies ?

I'm really quite keen on it now, and am reviewing my options.

(If anybody has it and wants to swap, I'll put some PS3 games up in return).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
SenorDingDong said:
Time isn't really a huge issue but what sort of timespan are we talking about here?

1-2 weeks, depending on where you live. Here in WA I get my CDWow stuff in about 1.5 weeks.

PARANO1A

Got my bag of crap today. I got a toiletries set (not the lavender one but equally lame) while my girlfriend got a cheap digital video camera. I feel ripped and will never buy again (until the next time it's offered :( )

Rahk

Kirby102 said:
Yeah, I just fired an email to them earlier today... guess I can't screw around with them anymore, $36 for 3000 MS Points is good I guess... Here's that reply:
Thanks for the heads up anyway. You could just order a cheap DVD that you want or something to get the free shipping. I just ordered some points and the Rome box set.

Hopefully I receive the points this time without having to email them.

Hey guys, I know it was mentioned, but I will have some EB credit (Melbourne, eastern suburbs) and I'm going to pricematch FFXIII tomorrow, what's the cheapest? Someone said Big W had it for 85?

teacupcopter said:
Hey guys, I know it was mentioned, but I will have some EB credit (Melbourne, eastern suburbs) and I'm going to pricematch FFXIII tomorrow, what's the cheapest? Someone said Big W had it for 85?

If you wait until Thursday you could probably pricematch Kmart and get it for $80 or something.

Salazar said:
How did AusGaffers with Demon's Souls come by their copies ?

I'm really quite keen on it now, and am reviewing my options.

(If anybody has it and wants to swap, I'll put some PS3 games up in return).

I ended up ordering my copy (US version) from Dungeon Crawl's ebay store, I think I paid about $80 delivered. Definitely the way to go if you want to get it quickly. You could probably get the Asian version from playasia.com for less than that, it all depends how quick you want it.

Changing topic... Played about an hour of FFXIII, enjoying it so far and will hopefully get a few more hours in tonight - I agree with all the love the UI is getting, really well designed.

Also I bit the bullet and ordered Yakuza 3 from game.com.au ($79 delivered). I kinda hope it doesnt turn up til next week so I can concentrate my efforts on FFXIII :D

Also, Mega Bloks are fucking awesome. So jealous guys!

Aspiring

Was i the only person to order FF13 from ebgame.com.au?

If not did anybody get theirs yet? When i ordered i emailed them about express shipping and they said there is no need because they will have them shipped to be recieved by release date. Well today is release date and mine is still in QLD! I am sooo freaking pissed off right now. Should i email them and complain? I mean they said they were going to ship them on Friday yet mine never shipped until Monday, and now i am FF13-less. And with work now i am not going to be able to play until Saturday and with teh NRL starting this weekend, its probably not gonna get played much at all. So should i have a whine or is it useless? I mean why say one thing and than not do it (ship on Friday, have it by reales date). I am pissed though. i tell you what if they fuck around with my GOW3 order. . .You think Kratos is pissed.

Nemesis_

Aspiring said:

If not did anybody get theirs yet? When i ordered i emailed them about express shipping and they said there is no need because they will have them shipped to be recieved by release date. Well today is release date and mine is still in QLD! I am sooo freaking pissed off right now. Should i email them and complain? I mean they said they were going to ship them on Friday yet mine never shipped until Monday, and now i am FF13-less. And with work now i am not going to be able to play until Saturday and with teh NRL starting this weekend, its probably not gonna get played much at all. So should i have a whine or is it useless? I mean why say one thing and than not do it (ship on Friday, have it by reales date). I am pissed though. i tell you what if they fuck around with my GOW3 order. . .You think Kratos is pissed.

No harm done complaining I say! You might even get something extra. >_>

remz

Aspiring said:

Went into a EB in town today and they weren't even selling FFXIII, had it under "coming soon"

so I just went down to JB.

hirokazu

SenorDingDong said:
CDWow is pretty good, I wouldn't worry about shipping time unless you need it this week. I usually get stuff a week later.

hirokazu

teacupcopter said:
Also I have had numerous glitches, freezes and just cut to blacks during the game, on an almost new slim 250GB model with no problems in any other game.

There is a section of the game where you are looking for someone in a crowd (Trying to be vague here) and it was literally impossible, like I saw the character model of the person standing there and I could just walk through it, put my arm through the models face, etc... it was terrible.

Also the game falls apart on a second run through. EB Games is doing like 68 bucks trade in before Friday, I think I'm going to trade it in for the first time since I was 15 :(
Eh, I forgot to mention the game has a weird as green line about 1 pixel wide on the right on my screen, it's kinda annoying and freaky like your display is broken. I have to turn overscan on so I don't see it. :x

hirokazu

Griffith said:
Finished the Q and A panel. It was quite good with some very interesting discussions, I'd recommend people watch it. In my opinion Dawkins came out of it looking the best, and Steve Fielding came out of it the worst.
When is it on? The lastest on iView is from Monday, I presume this will be aired next week Monday?

Vek

SenorDingDong said:

IIRC KMart had it at about 74 or something around release, otherwise zavvi has it at £37.95 (~$62) and it takes just about as long as cdwow. I was going to get it too, but I got spoiled as to the Origami Killer's identity, so it's gone on the 'play later' list :(.

Aspiring

Vek said:
IIRC KMart had it at about 74 or something around release, otherwise zavvi has it at £37.95 (~$62) and it takes just about as long as cdwow. I was going to get it too, but I got spoiled as to the Origami Killer's identity, so it's gone on the 'play later' list :(.

That sucks man. Finding out the killer would kill the game a tad. But regardless, i am now on my third playthrough and i reccomend it. Its such a breath of fresh air, and i am enjoying it still. Amazing game.

SenorDingDong said:

I'm pretty sure it's $79 at JB. That's what Game price matched it as for me (bottom floor of the Myer Centre). They wouldn't match K Mart ($74) because there are no stores in the area.

Happy hunting.

D.Lo

My prize:
Picture003.jpg

...took the picture above. The world's worst camera.
IMG_3086.jpg

I was even semi-hoping for the Lavender thing, could give it to the girlfriend or another female friend and it would have a funny story to go along with it.

But this thing is dog shit. Equal loser with Choc so far.

devilru

Neo Member
i'd take those megablox over this shitty digital camera any day.

Got my FFXIII from JB and they gave me an A4 paper wallet with 3 A4 artwork posters, I *think* that was the GAME preorder deal.

I'm only up to the first section where you play as blonde guy, I got bored and turned off the PS3. Bring on Yakuza 3!

Ydahs

D.Lo said:
My prize:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/davidlow122/Picture003.jpg[./IMG]
...took the picture above. The world's worst camera.
[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/davidlow122/IMG_3086.jpg
I was even semi-hoping for the Lavender thing, could give it to the girlfriend or another female friend and it would have a funny story to go along with it.

But this thing is dog shit. Equal winner with Choc so far.
Fixed.

hamchan

BanShunsaku said:
So did someone say Yakuza 3 is in stores now?

Also, holy shit, I'm a member now
Even if retailers break street date for Yakuza 3 everyone is too busy playing FFXIII to care. The only reason I'm getting it near launch is because I'm afraid the game will vanish from stores super quickly.

Nemesis_

hamchan said:
Even if retailers break street date for Yakuza 3 everyone is too busy playing FFXIII to care. The only reason I'm getting it near launch is because I'm afraid the game will vanish from stores super quickly.

Fairly certain it didn't have a street date? Also, one of my stores got about twenty copies in and it's a fairly "quiet" store, so it might be in a bit of supply?

Also, anyone perplexed by the strange Australian accents in FFXIII?

Nemesis556 said:
Fairly certain it didn't have a street date? Also, one of my stores got about twenty copies in and it's a fairly "quiet" store, so it might be in a bit of supply?

Also, anyone perplexed by the strange Australian accents in FFXIII?
Is Vanille meant to be Strayan as well? I was trying to work her accent out last night.

Great game by the way :D

trinest

markot said:
SUPER IMPORTANT REMINDER REMINDING YOU!!!!

That at 7:15 The Daily Show is on ABC2, followed by the Colbert Report! Good time to cancel your foxtel sub too. What a waste of money, and can you afford it in this economy? Hmm?!

Id say watch scrapheap challenge too, but the new format with the last series has ruined that show >_< Stupid dicks diamonds or whatever...
Cancled my sub to Austar a year ago (been with them since the beginning) and not for those reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom