• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF - Twice the price, a year late, filtered and seized by customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
Seems that Vanille has an aussie VA

also those with HR having crash issues, DON'T INSTALL 1.1 patch, it causes the crashes

-Winnie-

Choc said:

also those with HR having crash issues, DON'T INSTALL 1.1 patch, it causes the crashes

I installed the patch and didn't get a single crash... One obvious glitch (a scene lagged and the colours went weird), but nothing that broke the game.

rass

fappenmeister said:
I want some Lego after looking at the Mega Bloks crap. Any decent sets out nowdays? Haven't bought any since 1996. :lol
I still like lego and I'm nearly 25, I haven't bought any in a while though, I always look when I'm at Kmart haha

jercruz

So a friend asked me to buy some PS3 games for him online. Tekken 6 (365games), God of War Collection (CDWow), Darksiders (Zavvi) and Bayonetta (K-mart for 58 :D).

T6 arrived today (less than a week's wait!) and was surprised that it came with goodies like artbook, poster and a very thick instruction manual. Called my friend to tell him and he was so psyched with the goodies.

I'm officially a 365games fanboy. :D

Agyar

jercruz said:
So a friend asked me to buy some PS3 games for him online. Tekken 6 (365games), God of War Collection (CDWow), Darksiders (Zavvi) and Bayonetta (K-mart for 58 :D).

T6 arrived today (less than a week's wait!) and was surprised that it came with goodies like artbook, poster and a very thick instruction manual. Called my friend to tell him and he was so psyched with the goodies.

Lame, I bought Tekken 6 from them at release and it didn't come with extra stuff. I still like 365games though.

jercruz said:

I've been thinking about ordering Silent Hill: Shattered Memories from them (only ~$44)

Too many other games at the moment though, my PS3 in particular is getting a serious workout this month!

-Winnie-

BanShunsaku said:
I've been thinking about ordering Silent Hill: Shattered Memories from them (only ~$44)

Too many other games at the moment though, my PS3 in particular is getting a serious workout this month!

On Mondays, Silent Hill is $30 at Zavvi. I was so tempted to buy (had my card out and everything) but my backlog is screaming at me to clear it up a little first. :lol

Bernbaum

art_16083_id_7.jpeg

Insane Elite deal is insane.

Genuinely considering having a second 360 in the house. Would probably share it on my PC monitor.

Consumerist whore etc...

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
That is an awesome Elite deal.

I wonder if Australia will get the Forza3/ODST bundle though..

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
flvq81.jpg

I still haven't gotten around to picking up a nice set of headphones and a mic, I should really get onto that for BC2 funtastic stuff. Which begs the question, how is your new mic going fred?

For those who use vent, which members of ausgaf have good / great quality and which have poor? Would be nice to see what the nice sounding people use for hardware.

My zavvi shit better have turned up today!

Looks like I'm gonna pick up a 360 from Kmart. I hope Bolt and Avatar are tradeable because I have no desire to play them. I figure LEGO and PURE are bundled into one case like I've been hearing so it'll be untradeable.

Weee! 21st birthday on the weekend and I'm not even having a party. A friend who was born on the same day stole my birthdate (13th) from me. :(

josh_tarrant

Neo Member
Sorry to be lame - but was is the insane Xbox elite deal?

I cant view embedded pics at work.

really keen to get an xbox soon and am on the look out for a decent deal.

Thanks

josh_tarrant said:
Sorry to be lame - but was is the insane Xbox elite deal?

I cant view embedded pics at work.

really keen to get an xbox soon and am on the look out for a decent deal.

Thanks

$388 for an elite, with Avatar, Pure, Lego Batman and Bolt.

_bluemoon

Considering importing Silent Hill from the UK. I should make use of the awesome Aussie dollar > pound right now, and I can't seem to find a solid release date for it here. I thought it was supposed to be March, but now I'm seeing April. :(

senahorse

evlcookie said:
I still haven't gotten around to picking up a nice set of headphones and a mic, I should really get onto that for BC2 funtastic stuff. Which begs the question, how is your new mic going fred?

For those who use vent, which members of ausgaf have good / great quality and which have poor? Would be nice to see what the nice sounding people use for hardware.

My zavvi shit better have turned up today!

People seem to understand me fine on my Logitech desktop mic, it's very sensitive so I just use PTT.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Choc said:

I got plenty of crashes prior to the patch.

josh_tarrant

Neo Member
fappenmeister said:
$388 for an elite, with Avatar, Pure, Lego Batman and Bolt.

Cheers,

That is a pretty good deal - although I dont think i would be that keen in those games apart from maybe Pure. Will wait out and see if the new 'spring' american bundle gets announced or if the Arcade gets a drop in price - so gutted I missed out on the Ebgames Boxing day sale of the Arcades - so so cheap.

Kujo

Elite deal is alright. Last year I got an Elite + Halo:ODST + COD:WaW for roughly that price in October. I guess if you're interested in any of these games it's not so bad, but I hear we'll be getting better specials in a couple of months.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think fap wins when it comes to the best bag of crap. That thing looks awesome! :lol

At least it's something different out of everything we have received so far.

Frawdder

Bernbaum said:
There are a lot of things to like about Heavy Rain.

The character movement controls, however, aren't one of them.
Agreed. The amount of time I spent yelling at the TV "No! Not that way! I'm pushing left, go left you fat fuck!" was almost equal to the playing time itself.

Choc said:

Aussie video game characters are the new black. Claudia Black in Uncharted 2 (she's been in plenty of video games but never playing an actual Australian character), Yvonne Strahovski in Mass Effect 2 (a Space Australian), and I think there are two Australian FFXIII characters.

matrix-cat said:
Aussie video game characters are the new black. Claudia Black in Uncharted 2 (she's been in plenty of video games but never playing an actual Australian character), Yvonne Strahovski in Mass Effect 2 (a Space Australian), and I think there are two Australian FFXIII characters.
Lets hope the fad stops here before moving on to New Zealand *shudder* Our accent is bad enough already.

devilru said:
Got my FFXIII from JB and they gave me an A4 paper wallet with 3 A4 artwork posters, I *think* that was the GAME preorder deal.
I got that too. Game had a slightly different deal, they gave you an A4 wallet, according to their website. I was going to compare to the 2, but I walked into JB on Monday and they were selling the game early with the preorder bonus, so I didn't bother walking down to Game to have a look at their offering.

Bernbaum

Parcel arrived. It was in a bag, and yes, the contents are best described as 'crap'.

The same Jack and the Beanstalk garbage that Fap got.

Let's never fucking do this again.

Bernbaum

viciouskillersquirrel said:
OK, so it looks like Huelen got killed or something.

Does anyone know where else I might get my hands on a GBA SP+ (the ones with the DSL-quality screens)?
Er what? The GAF member and Sonic fan that got banned over the green eyes thing?

Bernbaum said:
Er what? The GAF member and Sonic fan that got banned over the green eyes thing?
Wait, what? That was him? I don't follow Sonic threads, so I assumed that meme was making fun of Sonic fan boards or something.

But yeah, I was supposed to trade him some games for a GBA SP+ last year, but there was a few personal issues he was going through which delayed it and then the trade was on again... and now he's banned and won't reply to my emails. It's been weeks now.

I don't really think he's dead (at least I hope not). He seems like a nice guy.

remz

Choc said:

Another girl, Fang does too.

sounds like she comes from some rough ass area of sydney ahahah

OK so I've been trying to work out what to do with my Lavender pack.

If I had a grandmother alive or well enough to use it I would definitely give it to her, but unfortunately I don't.

My mother/sisters/girlfriend are not the lavender type, and I hate wasting stuff, even if its cheap and a bit nasty.

So I have decided to give it to charity - one man's crap is another man's treasure right?

I remember doing the Kmart wishing tree thing a couple of years ago and it broke my heart to see all the elderly people (as well as kids) who had gift tags on the tree. (If you are unfamiliar with the concept see here - http://wishingtree.kmart.com.au/how-to-donate )

So I will be putting my Springwood Wild Lavender Pamper pack into the cupboard for now. But I will be pulling it out in December - to donate to someone who probably really deserves to be pampered. If I can spend $17 on a lucky dip, I think it's the least I can do.

:D

Bernbaum said:
Parcel arrived. It was in a bag, and yes, the contents are best described as 'crap'.

The same Jack and the Beanstalk garbage that Fap got.

Let's never fucking do this again.

You poor bastard. Pop it on for a laugh, it truly is horrible.

Agyar

There's a dude with an Aperture Laboratories shirt on my bus. Looks about 18, has long hair and wears video game apparel. Reminds me of myself at that age, I should go up to him in my suit and say "this is you in 7 years, slaving for the man".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom