• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Gaming Deals: Bloody hell! What a sale!

That's insane. I thought I got a good deal on my Wii U back when Dick Smith got out of the Nintendo game. Definitely going tomorrow. Hopefully the sleepy little Big W in Phoenix WA won't have been picked clean by then.

Striek

Is this stuff meant to be on shelves/in a bin or are any good items going to be out back somewhere?

I don't relish going and asking "erm do you have a Fifa/Titanfall XBOne bundle, a white Destiny PS4 or a Pokemon 2DS out back?"

The mere thought of getting to Big W early enough tomorrow morning to pick through the scraps with OzBargain goons almost makes me sick.

But I'll probably do it.

Ban Puncher

We should totally all decide on the same colour shirt so we know who not to trample and get into fist fights with in the parking lot.

Roulette

I don't even want an Xbox One, but for 200 bucks? Hmm. Chances are the local one has been picked clean, but I'll have a look even if it means being late for work.

Maximo

WAIT WUT. A WiiU for $100 including Mario and Luigi ? Holy shit I was saving for a PS4 but im beyond tempted to buy a WiiU just to have for some Game Nights with mates. Maaaaan I don't even really want one but for $100..Should I go get one ? What are some recommended games.

Looked at the 2 Big Ws closest to me. In the end walked away with 2 copies of Trauma Center New Blood (one for a mate).

Guys in front of me had a giant pile of flipping everything. Talking to the cashier, he mentioned that the guys in front of me had been there since about midday (I was there around 4:30pm) and had talked about their plan to walk down to the EB nearby and make some money. Ugggggh.

elfinke

Looked at the 2 Big Ws closest to me. In the end walked away with 2 copies of Trauma Center New Blood (one for a mate).

Guys in front of me had a giant pile of flipping everything. Talking to the cashier, he mentioned that the guys in front of me had been there since about midday (I was there around 4:30pm) and had talked about their plan to walk down to the EB nearby and make some money. Ugggggh.

Yes, lots of that. $3 games will be traded in, in droves at EB tomorrow. Bummer.

adin75

Holy flurking schnit, my wife may kill me tomorrow, assuming the stores haven't been picked clean when I get there in the morning.

Rizzi

That's really fucking depressing.

sTiTcH AU

Luckily my local store shuts at 6. So at 8:30 tomorrow morning I will hopefully have a decent selection, that is unless the staff cleaned the place out beforehand.

That's really fucking depressing.

Expected. :( On the plus side, EB will end up with so many unsold copies of these games that they'll probably be forced to drop them to the same price within a month or two.

If I wanted to see naked people in a store, I'd go to a 24 hour K-Mart at three in the morning.

I'd always kind of wanted to wander around a Kmart in the early hours of the morning... but not anymore.

NewGame

Banned
Oh boy, flooding the market with WiiUs will no doubt rocket up amiibo purchases. That gold and silver Mario has yet to hit the market yeah?

my local has a few of those offical wii u headsets left for 15, might go down and have a local tomorrow, might only be 2bucks tomorrow

Oh boy, flooding the market with WiiUs will no doubt rocket up amiibo purchases. That gold and silver Mario has yet to hit the market yeah?

Silver Mario amiibo has been and gone at EB; gold one's due out later this month as a Target exclusive with no pre-orders allowed (lol).

Rizzi

I thought the store near me opened at 7:30. It opens at 8:30. Now I'm sitting here waiting for an hour. Craaaap.

stryke

I had no idea my store opened at 8. Came in at about 8.30 but all I picked up was Red Dead. I was really hoping for a copy of KH3DS.l :(

Striek

There when it opened. Got a game, a memory card and 6 XBL 3 month cards for $3 each. No consoles that were on sale, the 2DS/3DS systems weren't cheap.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Didn't bother with Brisbane CBD BigW, I just felt it would probably have been looted by now :p Their game selection was pretty poor from memory anyway. Was hoping for a cheap deal on Minecraft Vita. BOO!

jacargon

Neo Member
Melbourne CBD Big W is practically empty with a couple of people waiting for a miracle. There is a copy of Trauma Centre still there though

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Given my experience with some Ozbargainers, as soon as that deal went live they would have pillaged the stores within minutes. Those guys would take a bus trip for free shampoo samples.

TheBear

I disgraced myself and went to the Merrylands store on the way to work.

Could've picked up kinect rivals for $3 but I kept what little dignity I had left and walked out with nothing.

Got:

Fantasia Xbox One $3
Trauma Center Wii $3

Gotta support DOOMED kinect and Nintendo

YxpXJMG.jpg

LOL

Top Bottom