• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendrox

Really though, Fate/Zero is alright but Thunderbolt Fantasy does what Fate/Zero does well even better. On the other hand Fate/Zero is still stuck being part of a terrible franchise and world, one that takes itself serious to boot, and even with a competent director and writer it suffers thanks to that. Ending makes little sense, too, unless one dives deeper into the Nasu verse which no one should do.

Thunderbolt Fantasy gives you more distilled Urobutchi philosophies and dialogues in mere 13 episodes with a more appropriate setting.

Ayy

Not answering questions ayy says everything about you. why even post in this thread where we enjoy anime? You are only shitposting.

Bloodivores 1

Interrsting first episode. Love all the chinese names.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Izetta suffers from some awful "so you know viewer" dialogue.
This is not really an example of that. There is a brief moment of reprieve, but as a leader it's her job to set the stakes and lay out what the short term goal is for her men. It's supposed to be something that encourages and inspires them to push just a little further.

Continuing on, Tenshi no 3P anime adaptation.

Nukui Kyou is a first year high school student hikikomori. His hobby is making vocaloid songs and uploading them online. One day he receives a mail from a fan asking if they could meet up with him. At the meeting place, 3 elementary school girls were waiting for him. The 3 of them want to form a band, and ask for Kyou's help.

Oh noooooooooooooooooo.

Cornbread78

I think this is why we have the "three episode" rule (lol) to see if they more correct depict where they want to go rather than hold the viewers hand through the intro episode. I looked at the basic premise and presentation given and found it interesting enough to look forward to next week when, hopefully, things calm down and are fleshed out more.

This is not really an example of that. There is a brief moment of reprieve, but as a leader it's her job to set the stakes and lay out what the short term goal is for her men. It's supposed to be something that encourages and inspires them to push just a little further.

Ehh, if that was the point of that, then it's still bad, because there was no real sense of group dynamics up to that point. Outside of perhaps the moment where she pointed them outside of the train.

The whole episode suffers from an inability to set the scene naturally in my opinion.

Ehh, if that was the point of that, then it's still bad, because there was no real sense of group dynamics up to that point. Outside of perhaps the moment where she pointed them outside of the train.

The whole episode suffers from an inability to set the scene naturally in my opinion.

I'm pretty sensitive to the exposition as unnatural dialogue issue and this episode never triggered me, it all felt pretty in-line with what someone would say in the moment.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

The group is not important, so establishing a dynamic would be a waste of time. The scene on the train explains the world state and paints a strong picture of the princess at the same time.

Really though, Fate/Zero is alright but Thunderbolt Fantasy does what Fate/Zero does well even better. On the other hand Fate/Zero is still stuck being part of a terrible franchise and world, one that takes itself serious to boot, and even with a competent director and writer it suffers thanks to that. Ending makes little sense, too, unless one dives deeper into the Nasu verse which no one should do.

Thunderbolt Fantasy gives you more distilled Urobutchi philosophies and dialogues in mere 13 episodes with a more appropriate setting.

Ayy

You can watch Fate Zero with only the context the show gives you, including the over exposition, and make sense of it. Plenty had. My friends did for sure.

They really aren't comparable in the slightest either, outside of flashy action. One is a magic war and a battle of ideologies, the other is an RPG with twists and turns. Ending doesn't make little sense. If you know Urobuchi = suffering for the most part then you can understand it.

I don't even get what the argument is in here besides you like Thunderbolt Fantasy and it's tied to the Urobuchi so no other work of his is now worth watching?

I won't disagree that the shittiest part of Fate Zero is that if you want more and then get to Fate Stay Night you'll be disappointed.

Quasar

Lol, yeah, it was your typical LN ending for sure, but like you said, we'll have to wait and see how the BD sales go, if that even helps.

Manga too. At least ones that aren't already complete, then they sometimes adapt the whole thing.

Though thinking about this makes me wonder just how poorly say Devil is a Part Timer sold. Did it sell well and yet they still didn't adapt more of the series?

And I bet we aren't getting any more Snow White with Red Hair, even though there's plenty more to go.

I do actually wonder what the calculus is with adapations of long running manga/novels. Simply how well the discs sell? or just how much the show spikes print sales of the source material? Hell...I still don't really know why S2 of Soma only got 1 cour. Does that mean S1 did poorly, and that we'r doomed to not get a S3?

Mendrox

So, about that...

People hate watching is their thing. They get enjoyment out of pain. If I dont like it I wont waste my time, because I already have almost no time anymore. People that love wastig their time can do as they like but they shouldnt shitpost like this and make people that enjoy that series not feel bad with brotaku shit or harem complaints where there isnt one (re:zero)

hate watching is a tradition older than animegaf itself. Others not enjoying the show shouldn't take away from your enjoyment though. If the negativity really bothers you, then defend the show. Or eventually accept that not everyone has the same standards you do on what you enjoy and some folks have shit taste because fuck you I like Psycho Pass you god damn assholes.

Narag

hate watching is a tradition older than animegaf itself. Others not enjoying the show shouldn't take away from your enjoyment though. If the negativity really bothers you, then defend the show. Or eventually accept that not everyone has the same standards you do on what you enjoy and some folks have shit taste because fuck you I like Psycho Pass you god damn assholes.

We came to a consensus last thread and only Mardock Scramble ranks higher than Psycho-Pass.

One of these days I'll watch that shit and genuinely enjoy it because I just like sci fi in general, then come back and realize you were all being ironic and it'll break my heart

my achy breaky heart

Narag

Konosuba 5

The humor is starting to grate on me like most anime comedies do. Might just be this ep though since I liked the previous quite a bit.

Jarmel

Banned
Konosuba 5

The humor is starting to grate on me like most anime comedies do. Might just be this ep though since I liked the previous quite a bit.

That was actually my favorite episode of the cour. Aqua bullying is the purest form of entertainment there is.

Dio

Banned
a0AEGkW.jpg

jbug617

Banned
www. Working 1
I didn't think I was going to give this show a fair chance and then this happened. I think it will take some time for the rest of the staff to grow on me but she is great already.

giphy.gif

Cornbread78

Kirito for president!

Quasar

Well people not having such a refined taste as myself I can understand (condolences people), but wasting ones time watching a show you don't like? I don't get that at all, aside from watching crap because its your job or as part of an academic study.

I guess all that peak-tv nonsense is just that if you can waste your time on stuff you dislike rather than stuff you might like.

Narag

It works because Aqua is a terrible person and bullies others as well. The main cast works because they're all terrible people.

Megumin just wants to blow shit up. As an American, I can commiserate and don't see this as a flaw that makes her a terrible person.

TUSR

Banned
Adjusted all the times and added the Amazon Prime shows to the OP.

Everything should be up to date.

Also scaled down the images a ton for those who use the OP on mobile (?)

Let me know if anything is missing.

Szadek

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
Pretty weak start.
The episode was very rushed , because I guess they want to get to the dark stuff asap.
I really don't like the costumes either. It's one huge mess of completely different designs.
The transformation sequence was very weak as well.
Maybe it gets better next episode, but I'm not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom