• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabulous.jpg

Narag

Aikatsu 1
I made a bet with Zach last year that I'd watch ten eps of this for every book he read but I never got around to getting started on it. Sadly, he's given up on anime and just tweets about death metal, video games, and death metal video games so in memory of his previous youtful anime loving self I've decided to leave my thoughts exclusively in here as to not clog up his twitter feed.

That said, the early CG still sucks.

Andrew J.

Sword of the Stranger

What a great movie. There's a nice, heartfelt story about the main characters coming to trust and love each other, and so much gorgeously animated fighting. I'm going to be thinking about all the symbolism involved in the last few action scenes for days.

The larger plot, with its constant betrayals, secret betrayals, and counter-betrayals was a little hard to follow at times, but's that the only minor gripe I have.

It was surprising how much the movie was willing to make the Japanese look like chumps; aside from Jurota and Itadora, every Japanese soldier basically existed to get mowed down musou-style by the awesome Chinese fighters.

10/10, easy unqualified recommendation.

Aikatsu 1

I made a bet with Zach last year that I'd watch ten eps of this for every book he read but I never got around to getting started on it. Sadly, he's given up on anime and just tweets about death metal, video games, and death metal video games so in memory of his previous youtful anime loving self I've decided to leave my thoughts exclusively in here as to not clog up his twitter feed.

I don't care what anyone says the CG never improves all that much to me.

Still loved the show though.

jgminto

Boy, I didn't watch any of my anime resolutions this year. Though I blame that on my cat barfing into the top vent of my computer and killing it.

I got close to finishing all my anime resolutions.

I feel like I was setup by being put to watch all of LoGH in one year. Yes its 1/3rd the episodes of Gintama but its 3x as dense.

kewlmyc

Is it the same thing, or different stories?

They're based of different routes in the game. The 2006 F/SN show is based off of the first route, Fate, and is quite dated with bad animation. The 2015 show is based off the second route, Unlimited Blade Works, which (imo) isn't as good as Fate/Zero but is still a good watch due to the animation and budget thrown at it. Also UBW was always a more fun route than Fate, imo.

Just finished The Boy and the Beast. The first anime movie I have watched that isn't something like Naruto or One Piece, and excluding Howl's from when I was a kid. It was really good.

Does anyone have any recommended movies I should watch next? Here is my list, it has a bunch in my plan to watch list. https://myanimelist.net/animelist/NamikazeBurst

Oh, and is there any series in my on-hold or watching section that I should finish right away?

duckroll

Just finished The Boy and the Beast. The first anime movie I have watched that isn't something like Naruto or One Piece, and excluding Howl's from when I was a kid. It was really good.

Does anyone have any recommended movies I should watch next? Here is my list, it has a bunch in my plan to watch list. https://myanimelist.net/animelist/NamikazeBurst

Oh, and is there any series in my on-hold or watching section that I should finish right away?

Wolf Children is better. Sword of the Stranger is best.

Watch Hosoda's other movies since you liked The Boy and the Beast. Wolf Children and the first two Digimon movies (subbed) are the major ones to check out.

Also make sure to check out some Ghibli classics. The Tale of Princess Kaguya, Nausicaa, Spirited Away, etc.

Wolf Children is better. Sword of the Stranger is best.

Watch Hosoda's other movies since you liked The Boy and the Beast. Wolf Children and the first two Digimon movies (subbed) are the major ones to check out.

Also make sure to check out some Ghibli classics. The Tale of Princess Kaguya, Nausicaa, Spirited Away, etc.

Alright, Wolf Children is next then. I was planning to watch most of the Ghibli stuff, but I don't know what order I should do to make some movies not appear bad (relative) by watching them after a better movie.

Thanks!

blurr

I have not made any anime resolutions for this year.

I think finishing my current queue is a good start.

Alright, Wolf Children is next then. I was planning to watch most of the Ghibli stuff, but I don't know what order I should do to make some movies not appear bad (relative) by watching them after a better movie.

Thanks!

Ghibli stuff are different from each other thematically but in spirit they are reflective of their creators(Isao Takahata or Hayao Miyazaki for instance). If you like a creator's work, just keep watching his other works, you'll usually like them as well, I haven't really had the feeling that one film would undermine the other. If it does, it's usually because the more recent one is probably better(in some ways) :p

Clov

Happy new year! This year I'll make sure to finish HeartCatch and Princess Precure. I'm pretty close to finishing HeartCatch already, so that part will be easy at least.

Moaradin

The first Welcome to the Ballroom PV shows almost nothing, as you'd expect for a show this far out from its air date, but the anime character design of the main guy looks solid.

Looks nice. I can immediately see the Haikyuu character designs lol.

Also, having a Union Square Garden song is always a plus. Though it doesn't sound new? I think it's from Yozakura Quartet which is kinda weird. Hopefully it has a new Union Square Garden song.

I don't think I watched any of the anime I said I would for last year's resolution. But I didn't watch anime in general. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aikatsu 1

Oh good you're starting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom