• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've Always Liked You - Confess Your Love Committee

rkI8ES8.jpg

It's LittleBigPlanet

The setups are kinda bad, with the love confession fake-out, the stalker guy and that last pair that didn't even have that much time devoted to them at all. I guess the confessions weren't that bad, so it evens out to something bland and average. Ayase got screwed over though :p

More music montages than a Shinkai movie/10

Cornbread78

Kizumonogatari II
My goodness, stop being A++ material cat girl! So many good "monogatari" things in this movie I don't even know what to say. Older Shinobu was great clmpared yo the half-pint we dealt with. Araragi though, I mean, even cat girl couldn't resist that washboard, lol.

Tuck

Garo: Divine Flame
So, I'm a really big fan of the original Garo anime. What started off as a very typical but well crafted fantasy adventure really became something special in its second half. The second, separate Garo show was a total let down, so when I heard the original show was getting a sequel movie by the original staff, I was excited.

Overall, it was really good. The film was entertaining as hell - it was fun to be back in this world with these characters. The direction is mostly solid and the animation is amazing - some seriously fantastic action sequences.

I had some issues with the plot, however.

Brining German back was unnecessary and served no narrative purpose. At worst, it weakens the impact of the ending of the original show. Plus, the other characters barely react - there isn't really a big moment of reunion between them, especially Leon. Its more like "Oh so this is a thing? Well, ok sure. Moving on..."

There were also a few gaps in the narrative. Its not clear what happened to that kingdom and why. Did the princess destroy it? How? She was not yet a horror and had no capacity to do so. Why did Dario just watch as she became a horror? Why did the council lady (Carm, I think her name is?) not warn them that Dario was the Makai knight they lost contact with before he sprung his trap? At the end, why did Emma leave and no one reacted? Didn't German get over his scumbaggery when he met his baby's mother? Why then was he trying to fuck some other girl the first scene he appears?

The movie was good. Certainly entertaining, and a respectable followup to an amazing show. But the plot seemed like it needed a bit more time in the oven to fill in some holes, which is a bit disappointing.

Hanasaku Iroha 1

Good God... I'm at a loss for words. I thought this was a happy country life SoL and instead I got the combo of worst mother and grandmother in anime, under aged employment, workplace violence and a good main character that everyone treats like she's worse than trash. What the hell.

Show is amazing. Yeah first episode was not what I expected but it does become what you want it to be as it goes on. Great, great series.

Qurupeke

Hanasaku Iroha 5-6
Alright, now it's actually in line with my original expectations. A beautiful country life SoL with a fantastic cast of characters. Despite the... dramatic first few episodes, the show did a very good job building the various members of the staff. Even characters that didn't have enough screen time yet, like Ren and Tomoe, are really growing on me with every little scene.

The love triangle (square if Ko counts) is really interesting too. Tsundere girl wants Tsundere chef that will obviously fall for the oblivious heroine. I was all about rooting for Minko, as she was the first, but then I googled what balut is and I changed my mind.

Also, I need to know the song Tohru usually listens to. So good.

I've Always Liked You - Confess Your Love Committee

It's LittleBigPlanet

The setups are kinda bad, with the love confession fake-out, the stalker guy and that last pair that didn't even have that much time devoted to them at all. I guess the confessions weren't that bad, so it evens out to something bland and average. Ayase got screwed over though :p

More music montages than a Shinkai movie/10

The music was so good, I cant wait for more HoneyWorks movies.

You wouldn't need to have had this explained to you if you understood a smattering of kanji!

Well SORRY Nisio that I can't understand your kanji fuckery after reading Medaka Box

For anyone curious, the name is Shinobu because its written with the character "heart" under the character for "blade" thus Heart-Under-Blade.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Heart
心

Blade
刃

Shinobu
忍

Cornbread78

Fairy Tale ep.73
Way to go Natsu and Happy! Are they eventually going to shop Lucy and Natsu? They have to at some point... Either way, this was more of a SoL episode to review the show from Lucy's perspective, but it was pretty well done... They are going to ship them at some point, right?

Fairy Tale ep.73

Way to go Natsu and Happy! Are they eventually going to shop Lucy and Natsu? They have to at some point... Either way, this was more of a SoL episode to review the show from Lucy's perspective, but it was pretty well done... They are going to ship them at some point, right?

They've been shipping Natsu and Lucy since episode 1, lol.

If you're talking about a Kirito/Asuna-esque love confession, it never gets to that point (though with what's going on in the manga right now, it might).

bryanee

At my New Year's celebration yesterday, a couple of my friends were pushing for me to check it out.

I binged it in two days. I was hooked. Funny, emotional, lovely animation with great characters.

I watched it on Netflix. I'm going to get the bluray sets just so I own it.

Cornbread78

Your Lie in April

Amazing.

I knew it was coming but still, tears were shed.

My #1 show last year. And yes, like a freight train, you know it's coming but you can't stop it... Watch Plastic Memories now for a second dose, lol.

Dennou Coil ep.7
That was a pretty good episode. With these two getting along because of the situation. Hopefully, she drops her tsundere and spiteful ways to become a decent character at some point. Well, she did do a good deed for Kyoko this time around..

Quasar

Freakin' DTL and has Glassip love affair. I almost want to do a Let's Watch for it, so we can all suffer through an expedition of just how horrible it is, lol. It can't be that bad, can it..

I don't think it is, just utterly boring. Pretty though. That broke me of my 'will watch anything PA Works' habit.

Narag

Shelter

That was pretty underwhelming even with me going in and adjusting expectations due to anime fans overeating everything.

Just T

Another one saw the light and fell for Poco's sweetness! Prepare yourself this is one sweet ride of an anime.

I'm really surprised as to how Poco did not get watched more here, since it felt like something animegaf would like.
Yeah didn't see it much in the past, thought I was overlooking some mentions. It's pretty great, probably will go ahead and watch the rest of it.

The only problem with Glasslip is that well... Nothing happens. The whole time I kept wondering "maybe it's like this so that a big surprise creeps up outta nowhere". Nope. Actually yeah, maybe it did. But then it made no sense at all and ended up giving us more questions than answers. It's not like it's a good kind of "nothing happens" either, so many shows have done it and manage to be entertaining. I think Glasslip may actually be the one show that I finished that made me feel like an idiot for watching it.

It sure would be fun to see reactions to it though, so by all means go watch it. I just like to warn folks, specially those who aren't regulars or that are trying to get into anime, whenever DTL praises it as if it were a great show.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans Ep 38.

Noooo Mika. I hope they find a way for his body to recover. I don't think he's going to survive the show at this rate. I was hoping the man in the mask would have done some fighting (and based on what he said about Carta Issue last episode I think he's Gaelio). Since the Mobile Armor showed up this season has gotten more interesting.

ibyea

Banned
Sound Euphonium 2: 7-9
Man, all these awesome production values in the service of these unbearable melodrama. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate all of it, but goddamn is it excessive at times. Also, Kumiko sure have a bunch of asshole friends, putting that much burden on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom