• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
twitter followed up with lol oops the guy that's watching it is canadian

Jtqi47U.png

Hellraider

Of all the Bones shows I have watched, Rahxephon is the one I like the least. It's way too much of a poor man's NGE and even if I judged it in a vacuum, it still has dozens of problems on its own.

Narag

Amazon bought the shows to protect Americans from them. They have no qualms with recouping their costs by allowing the rest of the world to suffer.

Maybe there's an associated ARG and Americans simply haven't purchased enough dictionaries yet.

Thanks, maybe I will. Right now I'm more just annoyed that sometimes when I check the latest Ajin thread it's just familiar posters rebumping it to remind everyone of how 'ugly' it looks, rather than actual discussion good or bad
Because apparently I need to clarify that.
on the series as a whole.
Vald my man if it makes you feel any better, I loved both Ajin and Knights of Sidonia and found the job Polygon did on them fantastic. I can't wait for their Blame! adaptation.

Vald my man if it makes you feel any better, I loved both Ajin and Knights of Sidonia and found the job Polygon did on them fantastic. I can't wait for their Blame! adaptation.

I wasn't super keen on the Blame! Manga, but polygon does a lot of work on their adaptations so yeah I'm also excited to see what they're going to do with it. It does make me feel a tiny bit better too, thanks :)

I actually like Polygon a lot, not so much for their artwork (although I do enjoy their more minimalist style.) but for the sheer effort they put into adapting the manga they license. I've got a strong respect for them after comparing the Ajin manga and anime.

Narag

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu 2

I find myself surprised at how engaging the rakugo performances are. Not just the storytelling in each but the character animation affecting mannerisms within the performance. Kinda wanted to go back through it muted so I could just watch the body language.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu 2

I find myself surprised at how engaging the rakugo performances are. Not just the storytelling in each but the character animation affecting mannerisms within the performance. Kinda wanted to go back through it muted so I could just watch the body language.

They do a really impressive job, I wonder how effective the manga is without the animation or va.

Can I vote for the Wailing for Anime movie of the year?

I mean it's Korean. Koreans are dabbling in Manga look alikes and getting Anime adaptations. I say there's enough connections

Cornbread78

They better hurry up, That new Ranpo short has already aired, Akiba's Trip is tomorrow and Masamune-kun's Revenge the day after. Feels somehow later this season compared to the last few (which were already terribly tight.)

Edit: And just as an aside, it'd be nice if we could have threads pop up for Ajin, Sidonia, whatever CGI show and actually get talk about the series, rather than a bunch of snarky comments about how 'ugly' all of it is. Ugh. I'm really sick of that.

Wait, new thread is due NOW then! Dammit, give it up you dirty OT man-whores!

Of all the Bones shows I have watched, Rahxephon is the one I like the least. It's way too much of a poor man's NGE and even if I judged it in a vacuum, it still has dozens of problems on its own.

Ouch. I've heard a lot of praise for it here, so I added it to my list a long time ago. Hopefully, it is pretty good in the end.

duckroll

I was going to reply to say that I though we were friends but our friendship is now over. Then I realized you're Hellraider and not Hellwarden. Now I'm totally confused.

John Blade

Ouch. I've heard a lot of praise for it here, so I added it to my list a long time ago. Hopefully, it is pretty good in the end.

Oh, it will get interesting at the end if you can keep up with the development. Just need to get through some of the boring stuff and try to understand (if you can) what is happen in the show.

duckroll

RahXephon is only a poor NGE clone if you expect it to ape what you liked about NGE. It's not. It's a reimagination of Brave Raideen in the style of post-Eva mecha shows, used as a vehicle for the greatest love story ever told in anime. But some people can't appreciate it. That's on them.

RahXephon is only a poor NGE clone if you expect it to ape what you liked about NGE. It's not. It's a reimagination of Brave Raideen in the style of post-Eva mecha shows, used as a vehicle for the greatest love story ever told in anime. But some people can't appreciate it. That's on them.
I actually really liked it. Need to watch it again but amazon had the dub. I'd love to watch the sub.

Taruranto

Rahxephon love story was pretty fun because you literally expect him to end up with 4 girls before her.

That's all I remember about it, really.

Cornbread78

RahXephon ep.2
Still not sure what is going on but mama got blue blood and there are 15 million less humans on earth than what the schools are teaching these kids. Also, this Mishie chick has some secret powers that unlock Ayato's powers and compatibilty with the mech?

Rahxephon love story was pretty fun because you literally expect him to end up with 4 girls before her.

That's all I remember about it, really.

This sounds like it could be fun with shipping wars, lol.

He definitely doesn't like older women though, lol.

Kuromukuro 22

The relationship between Takehito and Zell was great to see.
I was expecting a more violent end for Takehito, but nope, just bad weather. It's nice to see that the narrative isn't too obsessed with pulling out shocking twists. Zell feels surprisingly human, especially with him having taken off his mask.

Quasar

Amazon bought the shows to protect Americans from them. They have no qualms with recouping their costs by allowing the rest of the world to suffer.

Wonder if this will be true for all future Noitamina shows. Certainly as usual Amazon is silent on new shows.

Rather amused that Noitamina takes what I assume is a big wad of cash (or at least more than what Crunchyroll was offering) and then is excluded from the biggest non Japanese market. Meanwhile its the only reason I have a Prime Video sub.

Wonder if this will be true for all future Noitamina shows. Certainly as usual Amazon is silent on new shows.

Rather amused that Noitamina takes what I assume is a big wad of cash (or at least more than what Crunchyroll was offering) and then is excluded from the biggest non Japanese market. Meanwhile its the only reason I have a Prime Video sub.

Youre missing out on classic Star Trek goodness, and also the best courtroom drama Goliath.

Quasar

Youre missing out on classic Star Trek goodness, and also the best courtroom drama Goliath.

I think in Australia trek is on Netflix. And oddly despite it being an Amazon show Goliath is not on all Prime regions. Not that I in any way like courtroom dramas. Or the crime/law enforcement genres that the US seems to love.

It dawned on me recently that Star Trek is kind of like Gundam, in that most of it is bad, but people still hope it'll be good.

The key difference is people like the politics in Star Trek, and hate the action. People like the action in Gundam, but hate the politics.

Quasar

It dawned on me recently that Star Trek is kind of like Gundam, in that most of it is bad, but people still hope it'll be good.

The key difference is people like the politics in Star Trek, and hate the action. People like the action in Gundam, but hate the politics.

I don't think that's true. Though I don't like nuTrek at all, and I didn't like Voyager at all.

Hopefully the new show, which I think is unconnected to nuTrek will be OK.

Flip Flappers END

The surprise of 2016 for me. Everything from art style, to character designs were very pleasant. Latter half was a bit fast paced, and the show could of totally used another season to explore characters or world build.

Ending was
cool and creepy at the same time. Mimi being her mother and having multiple facets of personality thanks to her powers was neat. Her cliche desire to hard reset existence felt rushed. Also no pay out of the main relationship(ie, a kiss) felt like a deliberate attempt to blue-ball watchers for an OAV.

Reminds me a lot of Fractale, which was another anime that had unique visual design, but suffered similar pacing problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom