• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
v3pX1hz.png

Soon.

Hellraider

I was going to reply to say that I though we were friends but our friendship is now over. Then I realized you're Hellraider and not Hellwarden. Now I'm totally confused.
So you're saying that I never had a chance and I was just someone else's substitute? T_T

phaze

[奇星记之鲜衣怒马少年时] - Episode 1

Of all the terrible Chinese TV that I've watched recently,

Miss Hokusai

Enjoyed it. Surprisingly so given that i's pretty much a series of understated life vignettes, in what strikes me as a pretty idealized, idyllic version of Edo. At the same time, I feel this nature drags it down a bit as it never coalesced into something more for me. Not sure what I was to take away from it really but as a portrait of family life, it's troubles and joys, it's passing, it works pretty well.

Oh and the rock bits sucked !

It dawned on me recently that Star Trek is kind of like Gundam, in that most of it is bad, but people still hope it'll be good.

The key difference is people like the politics in Star Trek, and hate the action. People like the action in Gundam, but hate the politics.

Please get eight hours of sleep before you say such insane things.

duckroll

Voted for Rakugo AOTY, Mob Psycho Action of the Year, Mob Psycho OP of the Year, and laughed my ass off at the remaining categories.

duckroll

Hahahahahaha because they had to plan this sham in advance, and couldn't even wait for the year to end first, the IBO "best fight scene" is ALTLAND VS. MOSS (EP. 32) instead of what is without a doubt the best fight scene in the entire series so far in ep38. Sad!

kewlmyc

Voted for Rakugo AOTY, Mob Psycho Action of the Year, Mob Psycho OP of the Year, and laughed my ass off at the remaining categories.
I actually did vote for Rakugo for AOTY and Mob as best OP of the year. However, I voted for Kabenari as best action because that's the only thing the show had going for it. Mob Psycho feels more than just an "action show".

Also calling shenanigans if anyone but Kira wins best villain.

Yeah I personally did a bunch of write ins for several categories, like Best Villain
Satou
, Best Girl
Shimomura
and Best Fight Scene
Satou vs the SAT
What show is that?

duckroll

I actually did vote for Rakugo for AOTY and Mob as best OP of the year. However, I voted for Kabenari as best action because that's the only thing the show had going for it. Mob Psycho feels more than just an "action show".

I think Kabenari deserves it more for the best fight scene than best action overall. The action in Kabaneri is actually pretty weak beyond the first two episodes.

What show is that?

Ajin.

91 Days Episode 10 engdub

I wish there was a fandom for 91 days, Corteo and avilio deserved to have such a good and happy life together, the flashback to when they had a date at the zoo and a stressfree time was so nice. Episode always makes me both happy and then sad, good dub.

Moaradin

What show is that?

Even if Mob Psycho isn't JUST an action show, it still has better action than anything else on that list.

Entered Rakugo for both AotY and Drama.

Rolled my eyes at the fact that a company that I assume wants to make anime more mainstream legitimately has a "best girl" and "best boy" rating. Because best male and best female character just isn't weeb enough.

kewlmyc

Is Yuri on Ice any good? I know what it means for the LGBT community, but is the actual show any good?

Rolled my eyes at the fact that a company that I assume wants to make anime more mainstream legitimately has a "best girl" and "best boy" rating. Because best male and best female character just isn't weeb enough.

At least they didn't have "best husbando" and "best waifu".

Thud

I voted for USA Elections for best drama.

Also if Kira doesn't win best villian, crazy diamond can't fix the damage that they'll get.

Theonik

This is a very odd observation considering Crunchyroll is pretty firmly entrenched in current anime culture. Their efforts to make anime more 'mainstream' has never reached outside their core audience. Furthermore all the stuff in these awards are things they have their hands on one way or another some even getting home releases from them. HINT HINT.

Szadek

I found the "Other" category under best anime and couldn't help myself but vote for Concrete Revolutio.
Voting for Rakugo probably made more sense,but whatever.
Also vote for it as the best ED

As for best villain, I voted Kira. I have no idea who he is, but I'm certain that he is better than these assholes.

I also had no choice but to vote for Reigen and Nico.

Why isn't Almight under best hero?
Seems like a pretty obvious pick.

Line_HTX

Haha, no way, not a chance, you filthy Beater. Gillette can go fuck itself.

And for CR's best comedy, I think it ought to go down between Keijo and Konosuba, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom