• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

jett

D-Member
Has someone watched Tatami Galaxy? It was recommended me to me but I find the rapid speaking used in the first episode unbearable. Is it like this the entire time? This is kind of unwatchable.

as i recall, OPM is literally his scribble side project whereas Mob Psycho is something he actually pitched to someone. I think.
Interesting.
Yeah, but pretty sure he has some assistants (at least in the later chapters).
Probably.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Has someone watched Tatami Galaxy? It was recommended me to me but I find the rapid speaking used in the first episode unbearable. Is it like this the entire time? This is kind of unwatchable.

Yes.

You're not "supposed" to be able to catch everything but I can understand the desire to want to so I paused and read a lot of it.

The first episode does move at super speed. It still moves fast after that, but it becomes much more easy to consume after that.

Cornbread78

Drunk Wife ep.2
XpzBKrV.png
Cute faces were the best part of this. The reat is meh, even for a short..

People say you get used to the speed of it. I didn't really. I just knew I had to try and read it as fast as I could.

But then again I didn't really like the show (except for one specific episode), so you can't trust my opinion anyways.

Yes.

You're not "supposed" to be able to catch everything but I can understand the desire to want to so I paused and read a lot of it.

That's what I did too.

Kansoku

Inuyashiki - 1
That was pretty good. CG was quite ugly in some scenes, but I can deal with it.

What I don't understand was, what was the point in making him 58? Couldn't he have been like 70~80?

Just Because! - 2
Still nice. The main group matches pretty well, they make for good couples.

Mostly. I'm not a native speaker and could keep up with the English subs just fine, and after a couple episodes I got used to it. Anyway, it's really good, you should give it a chance.

DNAbro

Inuyashiki 1

well that was interesting. I liked it, weird as hell and the CGI is so oddly placed but it was cool. Want to see more.

Erheller

Fall stuff

Just Because 1 - I was blown away by how good this was. The show did a great job of using its expressive body language to establish its characters. Natsume slouched, staring out the window; Izumi ambling along, looking at the ground with his hands in his pockets; Yoriko jumping down the stairs while expressing her love for sports. These really helped characterize the cast - far more than the dialogue could have done itself.

Another thing I liked was how connected all of the different arcs were. Early in the episode the PA system calls the three photography club students down to the office - you later see them being informed that their club is going to be cancelled. Then the club president goes and complains to Natsume (who doesn't give a shit). So many things happened in this episode, but the transitions between them really sold them as pieces of a larger event.

Ancient Magus Bride 1 - Yep, this was good, too. One thing that really stuck out to me here is how untrustworthy the world and the characters appear to the audience. There's the whole slave market thing and the faeries trying to spirit Chise away. Elias, too, has ulterior motives that are hinted at (He doesn't tell her the stone's purpose, and he never explains why he bought her for an exorbitant sum of money only to make her his apprentice). But to Chise, Elias seems to be exactly what she wants: someone that offers her security, warmth, and a place to call home. This uneven power dynamic could be the start of an unhealthy relationship, and the author knows it.
The relationship gets redefined throughout the course of the first few volumes, and it's handled very well

Juuni Taisen 1-2 - The PUBG of anime. This was dumb fun. I'm going to enjoy seeing everyone stab or backstab each other.
Was that the boar's sister in the ED? I'm expecting plot twists galore if so.

MMO Junkie 1 - This was surprisingly decent. Unlike most other MMO/isekai shows, this one focuses a lot more on the actual people playing the game and how it relates to their life. Hopefully the romance stuff is done well. I'll see how it pans out.

The short with the drunk anime lady 1-2 - Decent if I'm being charitable, but I have a weakness for drunk anime ladies

I need to watch Kino's Journey. Anything else seem to be good this season?

mankoto

His and Her Circumstances - 13

You’ll soon get to the parts containing Queen Tsubasa at her peak.
You mean she doesn't stop being a brat? Well damn. Seeing her through that tantrum over being called the little sister was funny though.

Edit: Oh, 14 is a recap. Alright.

Black Clover, Episode 2 - Holy random flashback. So apparently non of this was in the manga. Pierrot's gonna Pierrot it seems.

So is there a specific reason why Yuno was acting like a brooding dick in the previous week's episode? Seemed like they were going Sasuke-lite with him at first but then this episode was like, "naw they're actually chill foster brothers."

Narag

Black Clover, Episode 2 - Holy random flashback. So apparently non of this was in the manga. Pierrot's gonna Pierrot it seems.

So is there a specific reason why Yuno was acting like a brooding dick in the previous week's episode? Seemed like they were going Sasuke-lite with him at first but then this episode was like, "naw they're actually chill foster brothers."

I assume misdirection meant to let the viewer sympathize with Asta despite his voice undoing any goodwill.

Actually queued up, but I had a question before I start. Do I need yo watch those episodes that aired over the summer first?

If you don't mind a tiny bit of a spoiler you can watch it. However, since it's a prequel it would be better to watch after watching some of the TV anime.

Still there is nothing wrong in watching the OVAs.

Cornbread78

Black Clover, Episode 2 -

Good question. Did he have to act like a hard badass in front of all the townspeople because he was embarassed?

mankoto

His and Her Circumstances - 15
An episode and a half if filler... Didn't really expect that since the beginning of episode 12 and 11 (I think) recalled the events of whole show as it were. The second half didn't add all that much either except for getting to know a little more about Asaba own personal life.

you will feel ashamed of your words and deeds
Being a cute brat doesn't mean she's not a brat.

Gundam SEED Destiny - 28

HOLY SHIT this episode was a mess.

This entire situation is basically a repeat of episodes 22-23, with Orb going after the Minerva and the Archangel showing up again to stop both sides.

Only this time T.M. Revolution doesn't play so you know Kira isn't getting his big solo moment again.

So Kira and Athrun duke it out, the former giving the latter a much-deserved call-out before ripping his Gundam to shreds. At least I assume he did, the show didn't really show much of that! The Freedom just straight-up smashes into the Savior before the show cuts to it falling apart!

Also, I think I can officially put myself aboard the "Let's all hate Shinn Asuka" train. Dude straight up murders the good Orb commander in cold blood. Yeah I know that he didn't know he was in there but yeesh, you'd think somebody who'd lived in Orb his whole life would at least show SOME hesitation to wiping out all its soldiers!

But no, dude straight up slaughters everybody with reused footage of that psychopathic look on his face.

This was one exhausting episode to watch. All of this goes by so fast and everybody's screaming at each other that you're barely even given a moment to breathe.

I guess I can give this episode points for being thrilling in that regard but...man that was a mess!

Cornbread78

If you don't mind a tiny bit of a spoiler you can watch it. However, since it's a prequel it would be better to watch after watching some of the TV anime.

Still there is nothing wrong in watching the OVAs.

I'll probably watch the first ep tomorrow then. It's definitely been on my radar, but Destiny 2 and Ys VIII on my Vita have been taking most of me free time, lol

And, who the hell is Grape-kun?

Jintor

i'll admit it, i teared up a bit. he lived a long and happy bird life tho i hope, apart from getting NTRd near the end

poor pengu-sama.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Good question. Did he have to act like a hard badass in front of all the townspeople because he was embarassed?
It's because they wanted to make Yuno's relationship with Asta ambiguous until the nature of the plot is revealed (which it still isn't).

Kickz

Inuyashiki Ep 1

Liked the first ep of this, felt like Parasyte Maxim type vibes. The 3D animation they flip into sometimes is pretty damn jarring but luckily it wasn't that much.

Worst part of his sob story was probably his fuckhead kids

Quasar

Inuyashiki 1 - Well that was interesting. not sure what I expected, but not this I don't think. But then, aside from the age of the protagonist I knew basically nothing. I can guess where its going to go based on this episode.

The episode made me pretty angry, the whole setup. Basically everyone apart from the protagonist and the homeless guy made me angry.

Holy vengeance would be visited if it was me.

Top Bottom