• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I rewatched Soma S3 Ep 1 and realized this particular shot can be highly questionable if viewed cropped waist up.

jIqXGHi.png

Gundam SEED Destiny - 31

I've had it. I've downright had it with her at this point. Looking at where the show is now, I need to finally come out with this.

Stella is probably the worst female Gundam character I've ever seen.

Take any generic waifu from the cover of any LN and I guarantee you that she probably has more of a character than this screaming blow-up doll.

EVERY SINGLE SCENE SHE'S IN IT'S THE SAME SONG AND DANCE.

There is not a single solitary moment in the show where her dialogue consisted of ANYTHING other than:

"I DON'T WANNA DIE!"

"NEEEOOOOO!"

"SHIIIIIIIIIINNN!!!"

"PROTECT!"

"I GOTTA FIGHT TO NOT DIE!"

Why am I getting so mad at this now? Well, in this episode she got into a GIANT Gundam and is currently wrecking cities at the moment! And considering that Destiny as a whole has been one big exercise at ripping off Zeta Gundam, I'M PRETTY SURE I KNOW WHERE THIS IS GONNA GO. HELL, THE SECOND AND THIRD OPs MAKE IT ABUNDANTLY CLEAR.

So when Kamille Shinn and Amuro Kira face off against Four Stella in the Psycho Destroy Gundam and Amuro Kira ends up killing her, I'm going to look back and remember all the times Shinn and Stella spent together.

ALL FOUR OR FIVE OF THEM.

What an utter waste of a character. I knew she was going to be a Four Murasame rip-off, but I sure didn't expect her to be so darn SOULLESS.

Not once did this character change from being a screaming, generic, angry damsel-in-distress trope every time she was on screen.

I had problems with Four Mursame in Zeta (mostly due to the fact that her character arc was used in the show twice), but she at least was somewhat written like a human being!

Pathetic.

Absolutely pathetic.

you only have yourself to blame

At the very least, I appreciate Zeta Gundam a heck of a lot more now.

So there's that, I guess.

You could always stop watching SEED Destiny. Or consider yourself lucky that you aren't watching AGE.

But I can't stop watching SEED Destiny.

I still want to see the Strike Freedom in action.

EDIT: THIS NEXT EPISODE OF GUNDAM SEED DESTINY HAS STELLA'S NAME AS THE EPISODE TITLE.

I WONDER WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN.

Gundam SEED Destiny - 32

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YES. CRY FOR HER.

AND NOT FOR THE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE THAT SHE JUST SLAUGHTERED.

RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GAAAAAAAAAAASP

NEO IS ACTUALLY MU LA FLAGA?!?

I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUEEEEEEESSSSSSED!

Just Because Ep 2

Everything flows really well and seems well thought out. The ending and opening aren't noteworthy but as long as it continues like this then I'll keep up with it.

Jotakori

King's Game ep2

Everything about this anime is terrible I say as I continue watching it cuz it somehow got its dang claws into me. It's like when you watch a really shitty horror movie and know you can just turn it off but darn it you wanna see how it ends LMAO

Inuyashiki ep1

Wow, that was both equal parts depressing and bizarre. Definitely interested to see where it's gonna go, but good lord the cg bits 😬

Thud

Has someone watched Tatami Galaxy? It was recommended me to me but I find the rapid speaking used in the first episode unbearable. Is it like this the entire time? This is kind of unwatchable.

Tatami Galaxy repeats the overlapping elements in a Groundhog Day cycle.

First episode is just the fastest.

PaulBizkit

Net-Juu no Susume is my AOTS so far. The MC is just so funny and (sadly at times) relatable.

It might be comfort food, but the show is going right where I'm expecting it to go. And I find it more comfy than predictable

Linkark07

Banned
Just Because 2

Poor MC friend; wanted to go out with the girl he likes and instead he had to take care of her brothers. At least he got some new friends.

So far I'm liking it. As long as it continues like this, I will keep watching it.

Evil or Live - Ep.1
Well, thatt was terrible, I wonder who made this...
Oh it's the same studio that worked on Hitori no Shita: The Outcast. That explains everything.

Because he is a hero as well!

I dunno, I hated The Outcast, but I think this was better. There's a clear social message (mostly focused on Chinese society) and while hammy and over the top, I think it has a ridiculous charm to it that The Outcast and other Haoliners stuff is lacking.

i saw this in yakuza 0 but is there some kind of problem with roving gangs of brats that want to beat up on homeless in japan

According to my wife, who loves the Inuyashiki manga, a very similar incident to what happens in the show did indeed happen, I think in Japan in fact, So it's not without precedent, although I'm sure all the entertainment media is playing it up as a bigger problem than it truly is for dramatic effect.

Rahk

Inuyashiki - Ep. 01
I got a Gantz vibe from seeing all the human trash, and was not surprised to find it was the same author.

Dynamic Chord - Ep. 01
Some of the comments on niconico made me laugh at least.

Cornbread78

I rewatched Soma S3 Ep 1 and realized this particular shot can be highly questionable if viewed cropped waist up.

Oh Xia, we could only hope it goes down like that. However, we all know what piece of trash they are trying to ship with Soma....

God help us.... Dragonaut is on Crunchyroll. Please do not watch that piece of shit.

This man speaks the truth. Even I couldn't make it past 9 episodes...

Top Bottom