• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

I knew making a sequel to Kino was a bad idea

The idolm@ster Side M 2

The age range is probably the most interesting aspect tied with their former careers. It's something no one would really expect considering a few come from high paying professions.

Joe Molotov

9KSvBmz.jpg

true

Watching season 3 of Voltron.

Boy, they solved the problem too much in season 2, and they need to have the characters juggle some idiot balls. Keith in particular, holy shit.

daveo42

Banned
The Ancient Magus' Bride 2
Angelica is the best for calling Elias out on his marriage proposal and honeymoon talk. Glad Chise is in kind of the same boat with it being weird, though she still seems more shocked by things happening around and to her. The ending tho was some serious porogression whiplash in the last 30 seconds. I feel like this could have been handled a whole lot better.

Crocodile

Boy, they solved the problem too much in season 2, and they need to have the characters juggle some idiot balls. Keith in particular, holy shit.

Wait are you saying the characters in Season 3 are too smart? That's not a criticism you hear often LOL

mankoto

His and Her Circumstances - 20
20 episodes in and we now get the transfer student who's good at everything - including sports. They make it apparent pretty immediately that he's not a potential love interest though. Almost sad to see the animation be normal again.

RedEther

Welcome to the Ballroom 15

Sengoku's rival is too funny in this episode

Tatara gets a new coach aka best mom Marisa Hyoudou due to Sengoku being very busy competing all around the world. So he has to to take things into his own hands if he wants to better himself.

Not much happened in this episode but next week the training arc will begin so that will be fun.

pbayne

I guess technically that counts, but that aired back in Spring!

Oh well.Think of next year tho. Geass, Eureka and FMP are back, that trigger show + plus others. Year of mecha baby.

Speaking of disappointing mecha, season 3 killed my interest in the show stone dead. Seson 4s gonna have to move mountains to get me back on board.

Tsuki ga Kirei 1-5

What if you smashed this show together with Scums Wish? Would they cancel each other out since they're like the antitheses of each other.
Super-duper show so far.

Blend-S 2

Oh I get it! The S stands for Sadist in the title.

Maika is already pretty strong to the point that she already outshines everyone else
Honestly I would be fine with not having the Little Sister bits very much given the current season.
but given that we're still due for idol and Onee-san, I want to see what kind of work they put in.

This show does take the piss out of Seasonal waifu fans though.

DiGiKerot

Maaaaan, previous comments here coming out of Otakon really didn't prepare me for exactly how much of a mess Eureka 7 Hi-Evolution was. First half hour is incredible, but boy, shame about the rest of it.

Not surprising cause you can never go wrong with Yukari Hashimoto! Glad you enjoyed it and to have another viewer on board. From what I understand the material they're going cover at present involves at the very least one sister centric arc and the PVs and OP are full of them so you should come out satisfied.
Looking through Hashimoto's career, I suppose it makes some sense I wasn't familiar with her work as the only shows I had seen before were ones where she worked on the OPs and/or EDs. Regardless, she's on my list of artists to pay attention to in the future!

Good to hear there will hopefully be a bit more balance going forward. There's a lot of moving parts in motion now, so balancing all of those individual stories and relationships going forward will make or break this season. I have faith it will turn out well, though. Nothing in the previous season really made me think the author had lost control of where things were going.

Altair Record of Battles Episode 14

New ED song is amazing, they actually pick really good music for this anime.

I dont know if we needed Niki added to the plot, please dont become a fem love interested.

DiGiKerot

That’s good considering she storyboarded and directed it.

I warned you in very clear terms.

I know, I know, but, hey, at least I know what a Taco is now!

Oh, and I was mildly impressed by how they seeded the
Anemone next episode preview thing
throughout the movie through tweaks to the background art of the reused footage, I guess.

Maaaaan, previous comments here coming out of Otakon really didn't prepare me for exactly how much of a mess Eureka 7 Hi-Evolution was. First half hour is incredible, but boy, shame about the rest of it.

Honestly given AO, It being a mess would be the bare minimum of expectations.

daveo42

Banned
Land of the Lustrous 2
I was real close to dropping the show during the first half of this episode. While it is still breath-taking in its design, Phos was mostly annoying and I felt like this should would just drag on with it not really going anywhere. Dia tho and the relation to Bort, along with how the episode ending made up for that weakness. I'll give it another week to decide, but I hope it continues with this upward trajectory.

Ascheroth

Land of the Lustrous 02

Fun episode where we meet some new characters and learn about the history of the world and them.
I also continue to love how the hair looks and how it reflects the light on their clothes and stuff. Bort looks a little weird though.
Had some cool action again and the fuck just happened

DiGiKerot

Honestly given AO, It being a mess would be the bare minimum of expectations.

It's a mess for different reasons, though. It tells its story in a non-linear fashion that's borderline incoherent even if you've seen the TV version before, and the story it's telling is far enough into the series that they fail to bring in any of the stuff that happens prior to it that would actually provide context to why any of it matters or why characters might be making the choices they ultimately do. It's baffling beyond belief.

keith gets so fucking shafted in season 3 and particularly season 4 and he's like the only voltron member i care about. Season 4 only has cool action set pieces but nothing mindblowing. And like a cool 'Attach the deathstar' type of assault episode.

I wanted Keith body pillows.

It's a mess for different reasons, though. It tells its story in a non-linear fashion that's borderline incoherent even if you've seen the TV version before, and the story it's telling is far enough into the series that they fail to bring in any of the stuff that happens prior to it that would actually provide context to why any of it matters or why characters might be making the choices they ultimately do. It's baffling beyond belief.

I mean that's not my point though. It's Ao was a mess, surely this will also be a mess. Doesn't matter what the reasons are.

Kansoku

Blend S - 2
Pretty funny, loved the scene of the manager eating the parfait. Also, I can see a lot of people here identifying with Akizuki.

Mahoutsukai no Yome - 2
Angelica is great, the flower scene was great, the ending tho, not great.
Also, I must be in the minority, I don't mind the chibi scenes at all, but I see a lot of people disliking it.

3gatsu no Lion S2 - 1
Ah how I missed this. More chill episode, with Rei finally having a normal club day with his friends. As always, SHAFT did a great job with the visuals, loved the intensity of the eating scene. My only complaint was way too little screen-time for the sisters.

Houseki no Kuni - 2
Diamond alone justify the CG here, she's so pretty.
Quite curious how they will save Phos, although I wouldn't mind if they didn't...

Nah.
Ancient Magus Bride OP
The King's Game OP is pretty metal
and I'm probably forgetting something.

Oh well.

Houseki no Kuni, best OP.

To think there are Daoko haters out there after Girl and the Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul EDs..........

Her recent releases have been quite bad to say the least...

Ballroom Episode 15

I wonder whats with the hastened pace, clearly more time could have been spent with Tatara training under Coach Marisa and there was really no interaction with Hyodo shown, there had to be something in this month.

Initial dance practive with her was great.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The Ancient Magus Bride Episode 2:

Yea, this title still isn't clicking for me, I mean clearly it has all the mechanics in place in terms of visual and sound and the attention to detail is phenomenal as evidence that the creators know what a traditional English breakfast looks like. Maybe it is the stage of the relationship that still has issues or the fact that Elais is kind of boring once you get past the voice and the design. Though I have been assured that this title will get there sooner rather than later, my patience is not infinite.

Chase17

Welcome to the Ballroom 15
That's a bold move Tatara. Also Kugiyima went and broke Tatara's spine in that scene.

Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond 02
Zapp had a tough day. At least he was acknowledged as the MVP.

Estevez seems to be an amusing addition and it was neat to have the collapse flashback. Actions scenes were fun as usual with this show. New ED is pretty solid.

Next week a Chain centric episode?

daveo42

Banned
Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond 2
This is probably one of the strongest episodes of the series, and I think there wasn't a bad episode in season 1. Action, animation pacing, backstory, characters...everything was on point.
Luciana
is a fucking beast. Also, next week's episode might make some people happy since it looks to be
Chain focused

ED is also good.

Qurupeke

The Ancient Magus' Bride 2

I think the show is doing a good job on its world building, the magic seems really interesting and there seem to be certain taboos with Sleight Beggys (lol) that will likely be explained later. It continues to be pretty easy going, though that may change on the next episode. Elias and Chise's relationship continues to be rather weird, and honestly I hope they'll expand on it soon. I don't want to believe she'll actually be Elias' bride.

SideM Episode 2

Weird that there was no singing and dancing concert style in this episode too? :( Also the OP song was kind of dull.
tumblr_oxtj9dXIYp1qhgynxo4_540.jpg
tumblr_oxtj9dXIYp1qhgynxo5_540.jpg

High X Joker & Jupiter are the best groups though. Hayato is perfect just like Shouta. And I need more Jupiter episodes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hoozuki no Reitetsu 2nd Season Episode 2:

I am trying to figure out why I keep thinking of Futurama when I watch this program.

Top Bottom