• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou 02

DMF47NeW4AA6gJt.jpg
DMF47NgXcAAO2Gt.jpg
I love how we're being shown bits and pieces of their world without it feeling very heavyhanded and how ignorant of their world the girls are. OP and ED are fantastic.

Garo Vanishing 02

You know besides the action being a bit hard to follow while it's in motion I rather liked this episode. I don't mind it going sorta 'monster of the week' for a bit because I'm actually enjoying these characters. Considering the setting, the MC actually fits in just fine, his partner is a one who's the oddball. That said gun > sword.

Konohana Kitan 02

I didn't realize till this episode that this is a yokai type of show rather than the world just kinda having mofu people in it.

duckroll

One thing about ID-0 is that it depicts a world in which non-white people and women are in significant positions of power and authority. That doesn't really have barring on the story being depicted but I thought it was something of note.

Maybe Taniguchi is just trying to make up for all that white supremacy in Code Geass.

pbayne

Rage of Bahamutt VS End

Guess i can cancel prime now.
Good show better by than the first season imo. I appreciate that they actually managed to take it in a different direction, new characters were fun(ymmv with Charioce a bit) and there was some cool layers added to the old characters without them overshadowing the new ones.

Side note i Love/Hate all three OPs for the series. They are trash imo but they're that type of song that gets annoyingly stuck in your head and i could never skip them lol

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou 02

I love how we're being shown bits and pieces of their world without it feeling very heavyhanded and how ignorant of their world the girls are. OP and ED are fantastic.

Garo Vanishing 02

You know besides the action being a bit hard to follow while it's in motion I rather liked this episode. I don't mind it going sorta 'monster of the week' for a bit because I'm actually enjoying these characters. Considering the setting, the MC actually fits in just fine, his partner is a one who's the oddball. That said gun > sword.

Konohana Kitan 02

I didn't realize till this episode that this is a yokai type of show rather than the world just kinda having mofu people in it.
Agro is almost entirely monster of the week the main plot slowly building through. So yeah if you don't enjoy/don't mind the format then you''ll have issues with the series as whole whereas if your ok with it, in the good series it has some pretty pay offs in terms of character moments.

cj_iwakura

Kemono Friends 1-2

The show is cute, and I get what they're going for, but the creepy anthro designs are really starting to lose me. I think the voiceover zoo interludes are more entertaining than the rest of the show. It'd make a better nature documentary.

Kemono Friends 1-2

The show is cute, and I get what they're going for, but the creepy anthro designs are really starting to lose me. I think the voiceover zoo interludes are more entertaining than the rest of the show. It'd make a better nature documentary.

Just keep going! Once you get past the third episode that’s where the show hooks you.

Time Bokan The Villain's Strike Back Episode 2
DMGmK0qVAAYDhsp.jpg:small

Great Babe Ruth episode, all the trivia was interesting

DMGn1YoVwAABZ_v.jpg:small
DMGnlTbUQAANzA6.jpg:small

I wonder why the anime wont explore the origin of the Dynamonds, I mean how did it even get to be a part of the trophy in the first place?

3Kaze

HF 1 Presage Flower

I enjoyed it. Like most TV series -> Movie production, it still had stiff character acting but the fight animation looked really good as expected. The
Lancer vs Assassin
fight was especially amazing.

It felt like a natural continuation of Fate/Zero, with a more serious tone (Kajiura being back played a big part too I think) and tons of references about the events that happened in it. It’s also very bloody. And has lot of disgusting CG bugs. Despite having skipped the beginning and the common scenes from all three routes, the pacing was fine. I heard there were a lot of fate/stay in the kitchen scenes in the VN but it seems they are gone as well, which I guess is a good thing.

Code Realize Episode 2

Yuki Kaji Finis was great.

I loved the car scene with the bullet, should have been longer.

Inuyashiki Episode 1

Great OP and great visuals, amazing take on uplifting a very boring and dry manga. Bring on Oda scenes fast.

cj_iwakura

HF 1 Presage Flower

I enjoyed it. Like most TV series -> Movie production, it still had stiff character acting but the fight animation looked really good as expected. The
Lancer vs Assassin
fight was especially amazing.

It felt like a natural continuation of Fate/Zero, with a more serious tone (Kajiura being back played a big part too I think) and tons of references about the events that happened in it. It’s also very bloody. And has lot of disgusting CG bugs. Despite having skipped the beginning and the common scenes from all three routes, the pacing was fine. I heard there were a lot of fate/stay in the kitchen scenes in the VN but it seems they are gone as well, which I guess is a good thing.
Waaaaaiiiiiit. It's out!?!

Mendrox

Rage of Bahamutt VS End

Guess i can cancel prime now.
Good show better by than the first season imo. I appreciate that they actually managed to take it in a different direction, new characters were fun(ymmv with Charioce a bit) and there was some cool layers added to the old characters without them overshadowing the new ones.

Side note i Love/Hate all three OPs for the series. They are trash imo but they're that type of song that gets annoyingly stuck in your head and i could never skip them lol

BUT WALK THIS WAY

GET OUT OF MYYYY WAY

DiGiKerot

Lu over the Wall is great. Think I like Night is Short more, but two Yuasa movies in a year is truly a blessing.

-edit- also about to see that new Eureka Seven movie. I'm scared...

phaze

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled 02
- Getting anime in here. On top of the previous decision to co-opt to your military unit a band of terrorists, now that it predictably backfired in the most literal way possible there still seems to be no not only rethinking of the concept, there's no consequences for them for their betrayal in field.
- I'm sure he has his reasons but Akito's brother just letting him and his entire squad walk way is so ... anime. I guess so is the idea of them just getting to their lines not meeting any other military units but I suppose demanding that much military logic is asking too much.
- Still really enjoying the fights and the choreography but these 3d backgrounds are simply not up to snuff yet. And that hideous centaur golden thing is one of the ugliest mecha I've seen.
- I don't really get EU-Britannia relationship status. They all talk like they're mostly at peace or something but EU just mounted a full scale offensive that pushed the frontlines 50 miles forth and back. If that's not war then I don't know what is.
- These uniforms must be a pain in the butt to actually wear.

Other than that, still decent fun. There's some hobo riding around in a train,no clue what's that about.

Infini-T Force 2

I'm not too interested in the big world-destroying plot, but the interactions between the heroes and Emi can be rather interesting. Ken/Gatchaman especially has a fun personality.

phaze

Oh, and the music was surprisingly excellent as well

Not surprising cause you can never go wrong with Yukari Hashimoto ! Glad you enjoyed it and to have another viewer on board. From what I understand the material they're going cover at present involves at the very least one sister centric arc and the PVs and OP are full of them so you should come out satisfied.
---

Is Crunchy even going to stream S2 of Sangatsu though ? It's not in their lineup though I guess there's one slot left unannounced.

The Ancient Magus Bride Episode 1

tumblr_oxgw16Jm1f1tndn6wo1_540.gif

Just as beautiful as I remembered it from watching at the theaters. Loved the Opening especially in the middle with all the lighting. The ending is great to.

I have to say the anime really emphasizes how unhealthy the relationship between Elias and Chise can be. The author definitely wanted to envoke this emotion among readers considering how it gets criticized among others later in the series. Elias is not a human so he doesn't understand basic human interactions and morals so he comes off as a creep even though he means well. This is where Chise comes into play and helps Elias understand the things he lacks.

The world in this series is magical, but it can also get dark and tragic. One of the reasons I love this series is how strong the world building is and the interesting characters.

Garo Vanishing Line Episode 1 and 2

Man I am loving how manly this anime is. The main character Sword is fantastic. It's a breath of fresh air to have a Jonny Bravo type of MC.

I also enjoy the action as well even if it can get shaky. Love the horror designs and find the world disturbing on how it can be so easy to turn into a human eating monster.

Loved the interactions between Sword and Luke.

Ascheroth

I wonder why nintendoman hasn't watched anything Garo yet.
I mean, this is a franchise where every single Opening is a Jam Project song.

mankoto

His and Her Circumstances - 16

I should go visit my grandparents sometime... Who would've thought Dad had such the backstory.

Daemul

Two Car - Episode 2

Holy fucking shit

• Traumatised by past partner getting injured
  • Still chooses to race without helmet

I don't understand what the fuck is going on in this girls head, or any character whose involved in this animes head for that matter. Someone is going to die.

Love Live! Sunshine!!

2nd years for the most part, have little role in this episode. It's primarily up to the 1st and 3rd years in this episode, because they have shit synergy given the 3rd years actually like to go outside and the 1st years are shut ins.

Each one essentially shares off who they are by suggesting things to do in order to come together to make a song. Dia's method in particular was the only way to bond was to reveal themselves.... by getting naked and getting into a bath.
Based Dia

Given Dia and Ruby's relation as sisters, they were pretty much the major ones trying to bring the two together, given that they're the only real links between the two groups.

Will they have more time to bond? Idk. Started thinking about the audio dramas and subunits, which makes the sub unit thing a little weird given that Yoshiko is with Mari, with Hanamaru with Dia and Kanan. But of course, that's comparing two different mediums to the anime course line.

Oh, and Mari's heavy metal interest is in this episode.

Ascheroth

>Inuyashiki best opening song of the season

Nah.
Ancient Magus Bride OP
The King's Game OP is pretty metal
and I'm probably forgetting something.
I haven't really been interested in it outside of one JAM Project AMV I've seen.
Oh well.
I wondering if the only thing he watches is robots.

I kinda feel bad tho since the mecha genre is kind of nonexistent lately.
There were some fan-fucking-tastic shows recently. ...But does this season even have a single mecha show?

Chase17

The Ancient Magus' Bride 02
Already with this honeymoon nonsense huh Elias. At least Angelica (and Chise) acknowledged it is weird. Seem to get some important world building details here as well. I wouldn't say I dislike the chibi scenes, but it can be a bit jarring to jump between art styles at some points.

The backstory drip feed is still working well, and the flower scene was the best of the episode.

I don't know why they felt the need to suddenly take the show from 0 to 100 mph to set up next episode but I didn't like it. The next episode looks to be good though.

The Ancient Magus' Bride 02
Already with this honeymoon nonsense huh Elias. At least Angelica (and Chise) acknowledged it is weird. Seem to get some important world building details here as well. I wouldn't say I dislike the chibi scenes, but it can be a bit jarring to jump between art styles at some points.

The backstory drip feed is still working well, and the flower scene was the best of the episode.

I don't know why they felt the need to suddenly take the show from 0 to 100 mph to set up next episode but I didn't like it. The next episode looks to be good though.

It's a way for the audience to keep watching.

Especially for a anime that's getting a lot of backing they want as much people to watch it. Although I will say watching episode 2 and 3 in the theaters it felt more natural since I was watching them back to back.

mankoto

His and Her Circumstances - 17
Wish I could make gifs out of Tsubasa's little animation quirks.

His and Her Circumstances - 18

Hello depression. How are you today?

His and Her Circumstances - 19

4 minutes in:
Uhhh.... What happened? Where did the animation go?

Joe Molotov

His and Her Circumstances - 17
Wish I could make gifs out of Tsubasa's little animation quirks.

His and Her Circumstances - 18

Hello depression. How are you today?

His and Her Circumstances - 19

4 minutes in:
Uhhh.... What happened? Where did the animation go?

iiMS9Rl.gif

Top Bottom