• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

Jarmel

Banned
*watches new Kekkai Sensen OP*

yep that direction quality drop is already obvious

Oh well it still looks pretty enough I suppose.

Nintendoman do me a favor, if you like mecha anime so much go find every silly name that anime and manga has come up for their own property's mecha so they didn't just say Mecha. I want to see a 30 page list of stupid names lmao.

All right.

The Mustache (Turn A Gundam)
Mobile Suit (Gundam franchise in general)
Evas (Evangelion)
Gunmen (Gurren Lagann, though they do refer to them as mecha in the show so I guess they don't count.)
Knightmares (Code Geass)
Buster Machine (Gunbuster/Diebuster)
LBX (Danball Senki)
Guymelef (Escaflowne)
Walker Machines (Xabungle)
Arm Slaves (Full Metal Panic)
Light Finding Operation (Eureka Seven)

That's what I've got off the top of my head just now. I can't remember if Getter Robo or Mazinger gave them any kind of specific name other than just robots, lol.

jonjonaug

While I've pretty much gotten over my intense Rebellion hatred at this point I still do want a sequel to it, just to see them explore those possibilities.

That and I just want to see more Madoka in general.

The "concept movies" have so many ideas packed into them they could probably make half a dozen different followups if they really wanted to.

Ross61

Let's see for me: The Ancient Magus' Bride, Kekkai Sensen & Beyond,Dies irae, Black Clover, Inuyashiki, Children of the Whales, Garo, Girls' Last Tour, and leftovers from last season.

Restaurant to Another World Episode 11
download.png

These things aren't people, and they should have to eat their food off the ground like the animals they are.

petran79

Banned
What is this...Stellvia was the superior show. Vandread was harem trash, though entertaining trash at times I will admit.

Stellvia had awfull character design and inferior CGI animation. More emo(e)tional too.

Wait what.

I can understand someone dislikes how "webgen" and loose with character models last Birdy was but this is still underselling it by gargantuan amount. If you haven't seen it and base it off on the opinions of others than I urge you to reconsider, there's lots of great animation in there.

Perhaps later and only after I read Birdy II. OVA animation and character design feel definitely more solid and more to my preference. In many cases I,ve skipped series due to the superior manga

blurr

Made in Abyss-13

It's amazing what a difference quality direction can make. After seeing so much poorly storyboaded shit recently, it's nice seeing how important framing and creative interpretation can be. Unlike earlier episodes, I felt the anime original material really added depth to some of the emotional moments and made the whole episode feel more cohesive than it might have been otherwise. The most emotional moment for me wasn't even the Mitty 'death' scene but rather the balloon traveling upwards, which was an analogy for Reg and Riko's trip downwards. I thought the music was especially good in that part.

The balloon package also ties in with Mitty, in that the antidotes were concocted thanks to her. Encapsulates the fruit of their tragic struggle and the sole emotional refuge of the otherwise depressing set of events. So yeah, it was quite the moment thanks to that.

I was really reminded of post Maineford arc of One Piece -
when Luffy mourns Ace
and he realizes he still has his crew. Reg much in the same way realizes he has Riko.

Sölf

I didn't even post 100 times last time.

Is this good or bad? I am not sure.

Also, currently watching the DR 3 anime after finishing Another Episode and before starting DR V3. So far, I am 5/4 in and really like it. I don't care what other people say, so far it's awesome. xD

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I haven't looked into anything airing this season yet. Hopefully there is some good stuff.

Szadek

Sakura Trick
It's somewhat cute, somewhat funny, but there is little reason to watch this over other SoL comedies.
That is, unless you really want to see a few girls making out, but who would watch a show for such a silly reason?
Oh wait...
For the most part the show looks really bland, but there is a pretty shot every once in a while.
Watch it if you like Yuri.

Daemul

Love Live Sunshine S2 let's go

Watching it for best girl You.

Sakura Trick
It's somewhat cute, somewhat funny, but there is little reason to watch this over other SoL comedies.
That is, unless you really want to see a few girls making out, but who would watch a show for such a silly reason?
Oh wait...
For the most part the show looks really bland, but there is a pretty shot every once in a while.
Watch it if you like Yuri.

Sakura Trick was alright, the yuri was what probably attracted lots of us to watch it in the beginning but I enjoyed the characters, but I do agree that the show did look bland a lot of the time.

In related news, the Sakura Trick manga ended recently, so now's a good time to read it if anyone's interested.

Clov

Fate/Apocrypha 13

Everything turned out better than expected.

As in Astolfo, the only important part of this series, is still here. Admittedly I do also find Mordred fun to watch, but they're not nearly as important to me. Anyway, hopefully things get more interesting from now on.

One thing that still bugs me is Assassin of Red. Her abilities are WAY more in line with a caster than an assassin. I don't know much about the character she's based off of, but for someone called "The First Poisoner" she sure doesn't seem to use much poison.

Osomatsu-san S2 01

I didn't think that anything would be able to top CG Jyushimatsu, until I saw that the next brother was live action. Fantastic!

Szadek

Sakura Trick was alright, the yuri was what probably attracted lots of us to watch it in the beginning but I enjoyed the characters, but I do agree that the show did look bland a lot of the time.

In related news, the Sakura Trick manga ended recently, so now's a good time to read it if anyone's interested.
I like the characters as well (among other things), which is why I can actually recommand it ,unlike say shit like Netsuzou TRap (not the best example, but you get the point).
However, if you want just SoL, you can do better than this.

Top Bottom