• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar 2 Delayed Till December 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose I understand why studiou's are willing to give Cameron the slack since he's delivered time and time again, both financially and critically... But this is getting ridiculous.

Cardon

Yeah that's a tad disappointing. Still excited for the movie, but these delays are getting out of hand.

Cheebo

Banned
Alright so here is the schedule:

Avatar 2 was announced to come out December 2014 after Avatar was released. It was then pushed back with the assumption of December 2017, it was then assumed to hit December 2018. Then December 2019. It is now officially December 2020. 11 years after the first film, 6 years (and counting) of delays.

Tacitus_

im_shocked.gif

cyba89

At this point Avatar 2 will beat the first Avatar at the box office just because of monetary inflation over the years.

gfxtwin

I just want to see a new IP from Cameron. Terminator. The Abyss. Aliens. True Lies. Titanic. Ghost of the Abyss. Avatar. He never really dropped in quality, but I have absolutely no desire to see four more Avatar movies ten years after the original.

Busty

Banned
I'm telling you now this is going to get a lot messier between now and the sequels eventual release.

You might be directing no less than four sequels to the highest grossing film ever made but even that amount of success has limits in terms of a studio's patience.

Bit-Bit

I would have met my now wife and our kid would be old enough to see Avatar 2 in theaters with me in the time it takes between Avatar 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom