• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Well...

- He upgrades himself constantly, every time he loses a fight he just uploads his consciousness somewhere and rebuilds his body to be immune to whatever defeated him before.

- So because of the upgrades he builds himself out of Adamantium in the comics, presumably in the movies it will be Vibranium. Regardless of the x-ium it means he's essentially indestructible.

- He can build and control and army of drones.

- He can interface and transfer himself to any network interface. The body is just a shell, it's the core programming and AI that are the real threat and it's almost impossible to get of him permanently. Kill him near a starbucks and he's jumping on that free wifi and spreading over the internet.

Over wifi? What if my connection is slow? Does the AI fit on a floppy?:p

Hagi

I think the twins look pretty good. Not really sure how the effects on their powers are being judged. Doesn't really show more than. Few seconds of usage.

Please have a heavy tease for BP!

If Serkis is Klaw that's about the biggest tease you are going to get outside of actually having T'Challa onscreen sipping a hazelnut latte in his Wakandan palace.

Tizoc

So they gave Ultron an actual mouth huh? I don't mind, nice trailer, will we learn all about Ultron and its/his motivations in the movie?

Maybe I should an Ultron Primer thread?

Yes please.

If Serkis is Klaw that's about the biggest tease you are going to get outside of actually having T'Challa onscreen sipping a hazelnut latte in his Wakandan palace.

Post-credits scene please

Guard: "Your highness, some crazy robot just stole a shitload of vibranium!"
T-Challa: Spits out his latte through his face mask
Fade to black

ringlord

One of the best moments of my life thus far was showing some stills of this trailer to my 6 year old daughter:

Me: And this is Ultron he's...
Her: I know him. He's from the Avenger's cartoon. He's really hard to beat.
Me: ...

Carbonox

Well...

- He upgrades himself constantly, every time he loses a fight he just uploads his consciousness somewhere and rebuilds his body to be immune to whatever defeated him before.

- So because of the upgrades he builds himself out of Adamantium in the comics, presumably in the movies it will be Vibranium. Regardless of the x-ium it means he's essentially indestructible.

- He can build and control and army of drones.

- He can interface and transfer himself to any network interface. The body is just a shell, it's the core programming and AI that are the real threat and it's almost impossible to get of him permanently. Kill him near a starbucks and he's jumping on that free wifi and spreading over the internet.

Sounds awesome, hopefully we get Ultron easter eggs/references/cameos elsewhere than just Avengers 2 in that case in the MCU rather than his birth and death coming in the same flick.

One of the best moments of my life thus far was showing some stills of this trailer to my 6 year old daughter:

Me: ...

Superhero Squad doing work on this generation's kids. Great cartoon if that's the one she's talking about.

Even more so if she's talking about EMH though, that Ultron Unlimited arc was adapted really well for the show.

Alienous

Me:
god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

Fixed.

ringlord

Superhero Squad doing work on this generation's kids. Great cartoon if that's the one she's talking about.

Even more so if she's talking about EMH though, that Ultron Unlimited arc was adapted really well for the show.

I think she's referring to EMH. I know she's seen all of those on Netflix. I have not, which is why I was surprised.

One of the great things about being a parent is infusing or discovering their interest in things you loved as a kid and then sharing that with them.

Dash27

Guard: "Your highness, some crazy robot just stole a shitload of vibranium!"
T-Challa: Spits out his latte through his face mask
Fade to black

Exactly. End scene is T-Challa looking at the carnage Ultron caused on a news feed. Reporter saying something about how initial information says he's made out of a material called Vibranium, same stuff Cap's shield is made of. Super rare etc.

Pan out to see the Wakanda vibranium storage facilities and mines left in ruins. His people trying to repair it.

T-Challa walks back to a private chamber and opens a door to reveal the suit he will wear.

I think she's referring to EMH. I know she's seen all of those on Netflix. I have not, which is why I was surprised.

One of the great things about being a parent is infusing or discovering their interest in things you loved as a kid and then sharing that with them.

Good. Your kid has excellent taste (EMH is the best Marvel cartoon ever!)

That's not how you spell Spectacular Spider-Man.

Sorry, but it's a very close 2nd. :p

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I can't tell how many times I've seen it already, and I need this movie like now.

Also Marvel's tweet was pure genius.

Dalek

EMH is the best Avengers adaptation ever. I love the movie-but in as far as long form storytelling, and the introduction of characters it's amazing. I love when Black Panther shows up in the mansion for the first time and helps Cap defeat Baron Zemo.

Yep one thing to remember about Ultron is he isn't a conqueror. He doesn't want to rule like Loki.

He wants the extermination of the human race. Every single last one. That makes him more dangerous as he has no boundaries. He doesn't give a shit about destroying everything as he doesn't have any desire to rule over it anyways. That makes him terrifying and nothing like what ANY of the Avengers have faced in the films so far.

When you think about it all the villans so far wanted power or control. Ultron wants our extermination.

I like MCU movies, some I even love, but to say that they have good villains is a straight up lie.
I'm not saying that the villains are amazing I'm saying that acting as if they're utter dogshit is underselling a fair few of them. You'll also realise that many of your examples I didn't mention because, I also agree they're not good. I would never act as if every villain or organisation in those movies are utterly awful because it isn't true.

To expand on my point further then, seeing as I'm not articulating myself very well. I HATE to bring Dark Knight because I understand they are completely different films... but if you focus solely on the character development of the villans, they do it so much better. And no I dont expect that level of character development for a light hearted fun action film I still feel you can take certain que's to make your film better.

I honestly dont think anyone can say they've ever been as interested in a Villan in any marvel films as they have as the hero. The villan to me seems to be a by product of the storyline.

The reason I even bring this up in the first place is because Marvel have in my opinion some of the best villans to play with. They have soooooooooooo much material to play with, I just feel that villan side is under used thats all.
I agree that the villains are lackluster compared to Batman villains but I'd argue that is because Batman in the Nolan trilogy gets very little development. Hell, I have some serious problems with the way that Batman was portrayed in, especially, The Dark Knight Rises but the villains are usually good, save for Bane who I saw to be wasted potential. Catwoman and Bane in those movies had some great anti-Capitalist/Marxist diatribes about the rich being brought down but that was all thrown out the window just to pull the Talia Al'Ghul twist and what I expected to be a commentary on modern society and excess turned into a basic revenge story. I only say this as a fan of Batman. Point being that the series is largely lauded as being some great example but, aside from The Dark Knight, I disagree.

I agree in that the villains are more interesting but I'd say that it's at the cost of Batman. I'm aware I will probably be hung, drawn and quartered for this.

As for Marvel having better villains at their disposal, maybe, I'm not sure where my position on that is.

"The end of the path I've put us on" scene being in the kid from IM3's garage is interesting. Maybe he returns in a moment of self-doubt to someone who he thinks still believe in him. Thinking that though, it's really odd if this movie is Tony-centric (which surely it will be) and Pepper isn't there.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Would Ultron ever fight Thanos? At their current power levels, seems like they'd need all the help they could get.

Ultron would want to exterminate Thanos as he does all life, but he'd get completely merc'd by Thanos in a fight. Not close.

It looks like to me that Tony is on the outs with the rest of the Avengers in this movie. We don't see him fighting along with them in any of the scenes from the trailer, only fighting against the Hulk. I think when Tony realizes what he's done he tries to fix it on his own but, gets beat badly then asks for help from the team?

I'm very excited for this movie. Can't wait for a new trailer. :D

ringlord

"The end of the path I've put us on" scene being in the kid from IM3's garage is interesting. Maybe he returns in a moment of self-doubt to someone who he thinks still believe in him. Thinking that though, it's really odd if this movie is Tony-centric (which surely it will be) and Pepper isn't there.

The way they cut and splice these trailers, I wouldn't be surprised if that was a cut line from IM3 that they just stuck into this trailer.

There’s a humorous aspect to him, which is something that drew me in from the very first conversation I had with Joss [Whedon],” Spader revealed. “In many ways he’s a child, this character, because he’s a brand new being who’s just come to be. And yet, through artificial intelligence, he has an incredible capacity for knowledge. So he’s a very powerful, smart child.

there you go, guys. even ultron will be humorous.

also, am i seeing teeth on ultron? cause that looks kinda dumb. he looks pretty dopey in this pic. haha.

gzKJehw.jpg

Hagi

there you go, guys. even ultron will be humorous.

also, am i seeing teeth on ultron? cause that looks kinda dumb. he looks pretty dopey in this pic. haha.

gzKJehw.jpg

Would be cool if that's Visions body he is in which would amount for it being more human like.

Alpende

Shiiiit, that trailer is awesome! I didn't see the first one in the cinema but I'll definitely watch this one. Holy hell, Ultron looks very cool. I don't know anything about him, that makes it even cooler. Dat voice!

Trailer is incredible.

Love the Ultron look. Was a little worried, but they've managed to find a nice medium between the comic book and making it look like something that could realistically exist in real life. The moving jaw is essential I think, as is the voice.

Too robotic and it wouldn't be in keeping with how AI has been presented in the MCU thus far.

Dat Hulkbuster. really hoping that's en epic battle. I really want to see Hulk let loose and show everyone why he's the strongest there is!

Yeah more I look at it the more I don't like Ultron's look. Would have liked his more robotic face, just seems more menacing/creepy to me. Though I completely understand why they went with a more human look. Heck they might do the transforming face thing or something who knows.

Alpende

Wait. Did I understand that right?

Hulkbuster will go berserk and become Ultron?

I did not get that vibe from the trailer.
Stark goes in the Hulkbuster armor right? Or maybe it's one of those suits that flies on its own like in Iron Man 3....

It does look like Vision won't actually be an independent creation by Ultron, but rather one of the late-model (human-like) Ultron bodies or drones that Stark manages to hack or something.

Which leads to Ultron completely shedding his slight fascination with the human form, and taking upon a final - robotic - visage more or less identical to the one in the comics.

guek

Banned
It does look like Vision won't actually be an independent creation by Ultron, but rather one of the late-model (human-like) Ultron bodies or drones that Stark manages to hack or something.

Which leads to Ultron completely shedding his slight fascination with the human form, and taking upon a final - robotic - visage more or less identical to the one in the comics.

Well we all know vision is
jarvis
, likely liberated by Ultron as his first adopted "son" AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom