• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

Oidisco

I got talking to the Tropical Freeze runner on Twitter yesterday, and now I've been invited to join their community. One of the runners even recognised my name in the Time Attack leaderboards.

I've never actually run a game before, so I'm pretty excited to try it out. Especially because it's Tropical Freeze!

solomon

So I just found out about the Google chrome extension "ReChat for Twitch" that replays the chat with the VOD. I missed most of AQDG now I can re watch it with the chat.

TUSR

Banned
So I just found out about the Google chrome extension "ReChat for Twitch" that replays the chat with the VOD. I missed most of AQDG now I can re watch it with the chat.
Is such a thing wanted?

Jokes aside, I'll post a link to all the good synced VODs later. If anyone beats me to it post it and I'll update the OP.

Let me do that for you

favicon.png
//
favicon.png
//
favicon.png
//
favicon.png
//
favicon.png
//
favicon.png
//
favicon.png
//
favicon.png
//

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
People want to read chat? I fullscreen the video and hide that shit right off the bat. If I wanted to put up with idiocy I'd read YouTube and FaceBook comments on political posts.

I wonder who should I follow on twitch for that Yoshi's Island race. MT is good but crispy came so close in end and especially with that snipe at the end. I think I'll follow crispy, any other good speedrunners I should follow that speedruns yoshi's island?

There were way cringier moments than in that video.

Sonic 2, with the obnoxious Brit just shit talking the runner was way cingier than anything on that video. That is, unless that guy really fucked that guy's wife and someone (or the guy himself) did a donation acting like it's him alluding to it.

Revven

I wonder who should I follow on twitch for that Yoshi's Island race. MT is good but crispy came so close in end and especially with that snipe at the end. I think I'll follow crispy, any other good speedrunners I should follow that speedruns yoshi's island?

Trihex, dude streams YI all the time and he's awesome.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
What the hell happened to the Belkofag YouTube channel? :( They took down every single AGDQ video they had up. They did it while I was watching Yoshi's Island. Is the GDQArchive channel up to date yet or is there another complete archive on YouTube? (YouTube, not Twitch. I want to watch on YouTube.) This completely sucks. I still have hours of games I want to watch.

Edit: Is the one in the OP completely up to date?
This one ---> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_NsA72Bgro96PNeBjK7G07qQ1PtCTrVe

Bacon

I'm sure this is a popular question but what are the must watch runs?

I tried to watch as much as I could but it's tough to fit it into a 40 hour work week plus my stupid commute.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Crap. Crap. Crap.

I missed the deadline. Does anyone have an extra AGDQ Humble Bundle key they'd be willing to sell me? I didn't have the funds to get one until now. =/

Ultimadrago

http://goo.gl/UkzPK1 (Had to shorten the link not pasting that long ass URL here)

I've been using it non stop for the last couple days, I often miss streams live and this is a Gods send.

Yeah, I just started using it now for the blind Ocarina run. It's pretty great, though there is some minor delay on my side with what's on screen and what comments are being said. Still, close enough for me to laugh at/with them. Thanks for sharing.

Haunted

Watching the Shovel Knight run, is the runner GAF's very own Capndrake? He used to post here a lot. Might just be a naming coincidence, though.

I generally love the runs where the developers call in via Skype. Good stuff.

Haunted

Yes it is him.
Nice! He did a great job. :)

edit: oh man, there were some excellent races in this year's marathon. Hadn't seen a relay race before - but after that performance of the teams in Ninja Gaiden, I think it'll become a mainstay in future marathons.

Jokab

It's from the song Kyoto by Yung Lean. He spells out S A D B O Y S in it, best I know the Dota 2 streamer Arteezy is the one who popularized it on twitch.

Yeah this is it. The team that was EG (until a few weeks ago when zai and Arteezy left) with Arteezy, ppd, zai, Universe and Fear knew they would be picked up by EG but it wasn't announced yet, so they named themselves S A D B O Y S in the meantime. Now people just type ____ B O Y S for lots of stupid stuff.

Haunted

Punch-Out!! Wii was amazing, the crowd was waaayyy too reserved for that one. So much fun to watch, both the game and the run.

Durante

edit: oh man, there were some excellent races in this year's marathon. Hadn't seen a relay race before - but after that performance of the teams in Ninja Gaiden, I think it'll become a mainstay in future marathons.
Yeah, that was probably the highlight of the event in terms of "traditional" speedrunning.

Summer Games Done Quick 2015!
These marathons can't come quickly enough. I'd love to attend one in person some day, but it's tough with limited vacation time considering I already have to visit family every year. I'm not a speedrunner, but seeing that stuff in person must be pretty great. If they would only do a marathon in L.A., I could definitely go if only for a little bit.

T.O.P

Banned
Didn't have a chance to post while this was on, but i didn't like it this year, at all

From the top of my head i can only remember a couple of runs where i had a lot of fun watching (Boshy and Vanquish)...but other than than it felt really impersonal and cold compared to other years (especially <2013)

Hell the chat was more entertaining to follow most of the time wich is saying a lot :(

Hoping for a better SGDQ

Top Bottom