• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Azealia Banks launches racist, homophobic tirade against Zayn Malik

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonno394

Did a search, but couldn't find this, and know how GAF likes to keep tabs on her escapades. She rarely stays out of the news for her.....opinionated ..views, but this is pretty god damn awful imo.

However, Azealia Banks managed to sink to a new low after she launched a vicious homophobic, racist and xenophobic rant against Zayn Malik on social media on Tuesday.

The American rapper, 24, labelled the English singer a 'f**got', 'p*ki', 'refugee' and 'sand n**ger' after accusing him of stealing ideas for his new music video from her work.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...se-prompts-calls-for-twitter-to-a7023691.html

Daily Mail link (which features a lot of the tweets) goes in to more detail on what is included in them, but that site is banned)

Glass Rebel

She also got ethered by a 14 y/o Disney Channel actress. I think it's time to stop giving this idiot the attention she craves.

this woman is so fucked in the head, shes beyond saving, i mean WTF is wrong with her????!!

shes even going after a 14 year old Disney actress Skai Jackson

Chuckie

Oh Azealia when will you learn.

Oh and to prevent the usual confusion:

Zs06rIf.jpg

Pictured left: Iggy Azalea
Pictured right: Azealia Banks

BeeDog

New week, new Azealia Banks mental breakdown.

Why don't the record companies just end her existence already? Can't even understand how they would want to be remotely affiliated with her.

*EDIT: "end her existence" in the music industry/mainstream media, not literally kill her.

Saw someone make an interesting comment on this today: how come she's not suspended from Twitter? It's in the article but fairly low down, but it's an argument to consider.

Okay, okay, she basically does this all the time, there's loads of people spouting horrible shit on Twitter, but if she wasn't famous, those tirades with that language would be enough to get her banned.

Sure, it's good for them if people are talking about what she's up to on Twitter, but doesn't make the platform look good. If they have these rules, should they enforce them with people like her, and if they should, would it help?

Busty

Banned
She has already posed in Playboy and what else is a girl to do to garner some attention?

At this point she really only has dosing herself in pertol and setting herself alight left at the Grammys to do.

That or Celebrity Big Brother. Fifity/fifty really.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
She has already posed in Playboy and what else is a girl to do to garner some attention?

At this point she really only has dosing herself in pertol and setting herself alight left at the Grammys to do.

That or Celebrity Big Brother. Fifity/fifty really.

Has she released a sextape yet? That seems to get you like 30 minutes worth of attention.

Saw someone make an interesting comment on this today: how come she's not suspended from Twitter? It's in the article but fairly low down, but it's an argument to consider.

Okay, okay, she basically does this all the time, there's loads of people spouting horrible shit on Twitter, but if she wasn't famous, those tirades with that language would be enough to get her banned.

Sure, it's good for them if people are talking about what she's up to on Twitter, but doesn't make the platform look good. If they have these rules, should they enforce them with people like her, and if they should, would it help?

No it wouldn't. Twitter sucks at banning people. It's why you have everything from white supremacists to Isil members using the platform without reproccussion. What she's saying here is actually tame compared to some of the garbage you can find on Twitter.

Infinite

Cross posting what I said in the BCT:

Azealia Banks at this point is very clearly struggling with some mental health disorder but she's still a racist homophobic troll.

It's incredibly sad because she's very talented. Her album BWET is pretty good and still get plays from me.

No it wouldn't. Twitter sucks at banning people. It's why you have everything from white supremacists to Isil members using the platform without reproccussion. What she's saying here is actually tame compared to some of the garbage you can find on Twitter.

Fair. I think people have been banned in the past for things like that (usually targeted at someone prominent), but as you say in many cases isn't.

Kozak

Banned
Its really unfair for a lot of hopefuls out there that this scumbag still has a career in the music industry.

At some point there needs to be some consequence.

How does she never learn? Is she going to fall back on "It's just jokes, I'm from NYC y'all" again?

If Twitter banned her I'd be scared of what she might do without an open trolling platform.

The only reason I even know who Azaleia Banks is is because of the constant GAF threads about her talking shit about somebody or some racist stuff that she says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom