• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3: Deluxe Physical Edition, Launching Q1 2024 - 2 Discs on PS5 and 3 Discs on Xbox

j0hnnix

3 dicks... For xbox..

Samantha Jones Wow GIF by Max

xrnzaaas

Very nice release, hopefully there's enough copies for all interested in owning a retail version. And kudos for offering multiple discs. I absolutely hate when a large game is released on a single disc and you need to download like 80 or more gigs of data.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Is there any word of KBM support on PS5 or Xbox?

Super tempted by this, full on game on disks, extras, etc… but that $110-120 including shipping kind of bites 😁.

dotnotbot

Game is available DRM free on GOG. One DVD with Steam key? Really? They could've given us GOG version at least which you can download and then archive any way you want.

Last edited:
I am probably getting this for my collection. This will probably have interesting resale value after some time. It's not like they are going to print million of those.

Last edited:
This will be my first physical game on Xbox Series X. Quite likely the only one I ever get, but seems like a pretty good deal, even with the steep shipping charge.

DaGwaphics

They should have waited a little while longer as they worked on the Series S version... prob could have figured out how to get them all on single disc.

Because, you know how the XSS users are always going for those deluxe, physical editions. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nice to see the limited releases for games that didn't make a big push with the disks, at least the collectors that really value these have the option.

Gambit2483

This will be my first physical game on Xbox Series X. Quite likely the only one I ever get, but seems like a pretty good deal, even with the steep shipping charge.
Oh Larian is totally ripping us off...but as it's one of the best RPGs in years, they can (probably) afford to.

Why is it 2 discs on PS5 and 3 on XSX? Did I miss something?
My guess would be the XSS version is so different from XSX that it basically is practically a different game, requiring a lot of smaller adapted assets. (Edit: totally forgot that the S has no drive so that thought is nonsense /e)

Physical steam version is kinda a contradiction in itself for some time now. Even if there is still a full install on the disc, when did the last game not require a full game size patch right after.

Last edited:

Mephisto40

So the PC disc version is literally just a steam key that activates when you put the disc in your PC and then it has to download the whole game from steam anyway

This thread is so god damn hard to find that I have to google it. That said, Larian has provided an update on the build version that will be shipped on the disc(s):

FrankWza

What's the deal with the first wave and second wave PS5? I saw someone post that they're up to wave 2 but on the listing it still shows availability for the first wave.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Maybe I missed this but on the PS5/X, does the game install enough to just need to put in one disc or are we looking at swapping?

🎉 Deluxe Edition Shipping Update! 🎉

Pre-orders for the @baldursgate3 PC Deluxe Edition are now shipping, with console editions expected to begin shipping between April and May.

We wanted to get the console versions into the hands of players earlier, however, production issues have meant that shipping dates have been pushed back slightly.

Those waiting for their Xbox version will now receive 4 physical discs, rather than the 3 originally planned, so that we can provide the full game as a physical copy.

(Yes, it is that big).

While we don't expect any further delays, we will continue to keep you updated on when console versions are ready.

To find out when your pre-order will ship, please keep an eye on your emails!

Last edited:
Top Bottom