• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bane and Lex Luthor Revealed for Injustice: Gods Among Us

Lex Luthor looks like Bruce Willis and Bane looks like a modern take on his Joel Schumacher look. Still looks better than that lame nolan shit though.

shira

doctor-midnite.jpg

Eurgh Bane looks like Doc Midnight

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I am sure people will stop complaining about the amount of Batman characters when they reveal Bat-Mite next.

Roman

Yeah, Aquaman is more likely that Martian Manhunter. Fans have been clamoring for him since MKvsDC and Boon gets more than a tweet about him daily which he sometimes responds to.

not to mention his book has been outselling Superman in some months. Aquaman is more badass and popular than ever before.

On the other hand they still don't seem to be sure what team to put Martian Manhunter on.

So, no, not at all.

Card Boy

Banned
I want to see

Captain Marvel
Aquaman
Power Girl
Brainiac
Doomsday
Martian Manhunter
Bizarro
Hawkman

I got no clue on villans unless they are Batman or Superman universe.

Roman

200px-Brainmallah.png

Anyone wanna see this?

As much as I like the (highly homoerotic) Monsieur Mallah and Brain, Grodd is way more likely to make it in, as boring as I find him, and there are more interesting Rogues.

This won't happen but Doom Patrol and their enemies would be really welcome indeed.

Hex

Banned
They need to make a DC game that has nothing from the Batman universe

It would never see the light of day , and if someone was dumb enough to make the game it would bomb horribly.
The fact that DC has any marketability right now is soley due to Batman and the success of the Nolan films.
You can not blame them for playing it safe.

Khezu

All the characters Boon has talked about positively have appeared in the game so far.

Other characters he has mentioned, Powergirl, Sinestro/Atrocitus, Aquaman, Hawkgirl, and asked who would we rather have Martian Manhunter or Captain Marvel.

I bet you the contrary.

"They need to do a Pokemon game without Pikachu"

I can't stand comments like these from people that don't know jack about DC Comics. I bet you weren't aware that there was an entire DC trading card line in the 90s that didnt feature a single batman charecter, there have been several DC events that did not involve the batverse at all and countless Justice League lineups without a mention of batman. Batman is not SUPER ESSENTIAL to the DC Universe. He's about as essential as Spider-Man is to Marvel and we all saw that Marvel has been doing fine without the rights the movie rights to him in their Cinematic universe.

As much as I like the (highly homoerotic) Monsieur Mallah and Brain, Grodd is way more likely to make it in, as boring as I find him, and there are more interesting Rogues.

This won't happen but Doom Patrol and their enemies would be really welcome indeed.

I would buy this game 5x if it had Doom Patrol characters.

And then a Star Wars game with no space ships.

All the Bat-characters in the roster have earned their places, IMO.

Nightwing at least has carved out his own place as a standalone character with the Teen Titans and his own long running series.

There's nothing wrong with having Bat characters, infinitely more people are happy with them than are bothered by their presence.

Bulzeeb

Assuming we are getting 24 characters in the base game (amount of slots seen in preview builds) with 12 heroes and 12 villains (devs have said they wanted to try to make it even) then the roster stands as:

Heroes (8/12)
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Cyborg
Green Arrow
Nightwing

Villains (7/12)
Lex Luthor
The Joker
Deathstroke
Bane
Catwoman
Harley Quinn
Solomon Grundy

Over 1/3 of the roster right now are Batman characters.

this game is borderline of becoming another Batman and friends game :S

DR2K

Banned
Man all these character announcements are boring as shit. DC has many IPs they can add characters from.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Roster is a serious disappointment thus far. 4 of 7 villains thus far are Batman villains, 5 if you count Deathstroke who fucks around with Batman and Nightwing from time to time.

Come on, Boon.

shaowebb

People keep complaining about too much Batman and I can see that easily, but saying the roster is bad isn't really fair IMO. Every character has solid name recognition and will help pull profit. Green Arrow has a show, Bane was the main villain to the last major Batman movie, Cyborg is on Young Justice AND was a hit on Teen Titans so he has big face value in addition to his major boost in Justice League comics since New 52 added him to the roster. Every single character in this is a major player in DC and especially in marketing.

Its fair to criticize the fact that its heavily Batman loaded but the cast is pretty much nothing but All Star name draws right now and thats what makes money. If you don't make profits you don't make many more big games. You have to accept that this is going to happen and its good business to do so. Besides if the script is split between Team Bat and Team Super then it makes plenty of sense that those closely affiliated to Batman would keep popping up as he would either recruit them or Superman would use his worst enemies against him.

Seriously...its a great cast. Its a lot of Batman stuff, but its a solid roster of go to dudes the fans like and thats needed to make the big bucks which most fighters seem to be failing to do lately.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Hard to buy that excuse when the Marvel roster has guys like Shuma Gorath, MODOK, Dormammu, Rocket Racoon, and Richard Rider. The DC Universe is more than Superman and Batman to some of us.

Hard to buy that excuse when the Marvel roster has guys like Shuma Gorath, MODOK, Dormammu, Rocket Racoon, and Richard Rider.

And how many general (non hardcore fighting game enthusiast) gamers didn't know who they were and wanted them replaced with characters they liked and knew like Gambit and Venom?

And don't forget that any popularity and play they get at this point is unrelated to what characters they actually are, but what moves they have, which could be transplanted to another model without much complaint.

Characters people recognize is an important part of a licensed fighter.

I can't stand comments like these from people that don't know jack about DC Comics. I bet you weren't aware that there was an entire DC trading card line in the 90s that didnt feature a single batman charecter, there have been several DC events that did not involve the batverse at all and countless Justice League lineups without a mention of batman. Batman is not SUPER ESSENTIAL to the DC Universe.

It is for the Mainstream audience that is going to buy this game.

He's about as essential as Spider-Man is to Marvel and we all saw that Marvel has been doing fine without the rights the movie rights to him in their Cinematic universe.

I bet you that if the could get the X-men and SpiderMan licenses we would get a New Avengers movie (and guess who appears in the recent Avengers game for the WiiU...)

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
What would Lex do - shine his baldness to everyone and ram them with a cart full of cakes?
ibcTVcTR1a6GD0.jpg

Lame. Here's hoping for a downloadable/unlockable alternate costumes. I want DKR bane >.>.

DKR bane as in Dark Knight Rises Bane?
Yuck!
Thank god they didnt go that route....why would anyone want DKR bane over any of the other Banes weve had......even Red Bane is better, nah even Arkham Bane is better.......nah nah nah lets be real.
Even Batman Beyond Bane is better than DKR Bane.

J-Tier

DKR bane as in Dark Knight Rises Bane?
Yuck!
Thank god they didnt go that route....why would anyone want DKR bane over any of the other Banes weve had......even Red Bane is better, nah even Arkham Bane is better.......nah nah nah lets be real.
Even Batman Beyond Bane is better than DKR Bane.

I am in agreement.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
And how many general (non hardcore fighting game enthusiast) gamers didn't know who they were and wanted them replaced with characters they liked and knew like Gambit and Venom?

And don't forget that any popularity and play they get at this point is unrelated to what characters they actually are, but what moves they have, which could be transplanted to another model without much complaint.

Characters people recognize is an important part of a licensed fighter.

I don't know, man. Not like I can ask them. All I know is Marvel is a successful game despite not everyone being an A or B tier character. You have the main League members, you have Lex, Joker, and Catwoman. Can we branch out just a little bit from the Batman safe haven? Not like I'm asking for Tailgunner Jo and Electric Warrior.

I don't know, man. Not like I can ask them. All I know is Marvel is a successful game despite not everyone being an A or B tier character. You have the main League members, you have Lex, Joker, and Catwoman. Can we branch out just a little bit from the Batman safe haven? Not like I'm asking for Tailgunner Jo and Electric Warrior.

Of course.

But you also need to remember that MvC has a lot of iconic Capcom characters (and some others as not as) so is not like they didn't had bullet points.

ReiGun

Is Bane really going to draw that many more people to this game? Even with the movie, I feel like once you've got Batman and Joker, you've got the main star power from the Bat verse in.

Any looking at Marvel, sure people complained leading up to release, but once the game was out, lots of people walked away liking those characters. You'd think DC might look at this as a chance to showcase some of their characters and raise their popularity, but I guess not.

Top Bottom