• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bane and Lex Luthor Revealed for Injustice: Gods Among Us

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yes. He was awesome. Maybe they can make him DLC/unlockable. Comic bane just looks like a stupid brute.

And DKR Bane just looks like a man in a trench coat with black lingerie panties over his face.

I think ill take the brute over the dude with a strange fetish.

If you read anything with Bane you know he isnt a stupid Brute.

BD1

Banned
200px-Brainmallah.png

Anyone wanna see this?

Oh man, I'd buy this game Day 0 if Grodd was in. I don't even like Flash, but I always loved Grodd. A telepathetic super monkey villain? Hell Yeah!

Black_Stride

Oh man, I'd buy this game Day 0 if Grodd was in. I don't even like Flash, but I always loved Grodd. A telepathetic super monkey villain? Hell Yeah!

Thats not Grodd thats Mallah holding Brain.

Black_Stride

How many anthropomorphic super intelligent apes are there in the DC Universe! :p

W3758.jpg

Alot.

Brain should have given it away though.
But if you arent a major comic reader its understandable.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Theres a pretty restrictive policy for those things with DC/WB. Its not going to happen.
You could see Blue Beetle, The Question... But of course, those are not going to appear in this game becuase they are not famous enough.

But Swamp Thing and Constantine is part of that and people kept asking them!

Then again so is Star Man.

lupinko

Lex

Superman's nemesis is not only key to the story mode, but he's also a heavy-duty fighter, thanks to his armored suit. Luthor relies on gadget-based attacks, and can launch missiles and suck foes towards him. His special trait is a shield that can be powered up by holding a button.

Cyrax AND Sektor?

Khezu

Theres a pretty restrictive policy for those things with DC/WB. Its not going to happen.
You could see Blue Beetle, The Question... But of course, those are not going to appear in this game becuase they are not famous enough.

I can see BB getting in as a Cyborg alt costume, if they wana go that route.
Question is a wasted slot though, plus he has been in a fighting game for like 14 years now.

NeonZ

Comic book Bane was actually a brilliant guy. He figured out who Batman was, blew up Arkham to force Batman to exhaust himself in trying to deal with it and then attacked as an unknown he couldn't prepare for when he was at his weakest to break him.

Dude wasn't growling and snarling like Hulk like a lot somehow think he was. Bane was always a strategist and a very very dangerous guy.

The problem with comic Bane is that the "always" really isn't true. After his initial story, he fairly often did end up written as a dumb brute, and that includes his appearances in most spin offs outside of comics. Even B:TAS had him as fairly dumb after his debut. Anyway, I hope they won't give him a dumb accent here at least.

impirius

Someone made a video just showing two pages of a magazine while they talk like an idiot.

And people say there's no compelling content on Youtube.

I clicked through to the video's YouTube page on a lark, and a 3-minute pre-roll ad started autoplaying.

V_Arnold

I have very, very low expectations (in fact, so low that I do not intend to buy it, maybe see if there is a demo or borrow it from a friend, that is it), but it is sickening to see the women being underrepresented by one more fighting game. So many good females to choose from in the DC Universe, yet...

clockpunk

As a mainly Marvel-reader, I would really like to see some of the obscurer characters that show a side of the DC Universe I am otherwise unaware of.

And a few more female characters.

Ideally, these two points combined. :p

J-Tier

I wonder how Bane will sound. I hope it's not that echoing, robotic, pseudo-Irish-English accent from DKR.

I'd prefer "Hulk-SMASH!" Bane voice to that.

But I wouldn't mind the one with a Hispanic accent.

wat

Comics Bane is intelligent and managed to put Batman in his place.

Hmm I guess I need to reorder my Luthor timeline.

Still I liked that he was fat before.

He was fat pre-crisis. Post Crisis he kept evolving from a standard looking business man to a really buff muscular guy to represent that he was at the peak of human perfection. Post-Flashpoint he started off with a bit of weight and Grant Morrison has explained that he will get into shape over time because of Superman.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So lol has Bane ever done ANYTHING besides Batman's back? Because everyone brings that up to show why he's an important villain... and then absolutely nothing else. They also skip the part where Azrael kicks his head in

massoluk

Banned
These characters would make interesting move sets: Plastic Man, Firestorm, Mxyplyzyk, Swamp Thing. I want to say Poison Ivy, but it's already loaded with Batman, possibly duplicate with Swamp Thing anyway.

SykoTech

Why is Lex just now getting revealed anyway? Pretty sure I saw him back in the first trailer.

And still no Joker footage....

Khezu

Why is Lex just now getting revealed anyway? Pretty sure I saw him back in the first trailer.

And still no Joker footage....

He wasn't "technically" revealed, same with Captain Cold.

I saw Joker get punched into space in a 30 second gamestop ad. Probably all were going to get until April 19th.

Top Bottom