• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon flipflops on altright in craven ef- wait, he didn't know it was on the record?

Tovarisc

Way to bury a lead of Bannon seeing that there is no military solutions to North Korea and that he has boner for trade war with China with bad thread title.

I don't know if I believe him.

But what I do believe is he corralled a bunch of angry young men, fed them propaganda, focused thier hate, used them and shit them back out to cause chaos in the world. He doesn't give a fuck about them or anything really.

jviggy43

Well good thing we decided to pull out of the Paris agreement and let China take the reins on being the forefront of new energy models then huh Bannon?

BTW - I did not infer this as Bannon flip-flopping.

He sounds like he's poking them for not being extreme enough.

He's insulting the effort of white nationalists, not their cause. He's calling them lightweights.

I think that Bannon is just coming to the realization that the race war he's been dreaming of is a losing proposition that would destroy only the USA and not create any kind of new world order.

As you can see from his comments he's reversing course from White Nationalism and Isolationism and instead focusing on a new Cold War with Asia. it's not like he's had any kind of awakening to the light, he's just reorganized his ideas to find another path to the world he dreams of where his circle of friends are the kings.

giphy.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Does his China talk have any kind of truth?

A bit, it's no secret that they've been jockeying for global economic/cultural influence ever since we elected Trump to represent us on the world stage.

What's interesting is that I was under the impression Bannon was just fine with the disintegration of the American Hegemony and was indeed actively working towards it.

traveler

Not Wario
I'm more than a little skeptical about his position re:the extremists and if he truly believes what he practices is fundamentally different, he's deluding himself and needs to be shown as such.

The one minor point of good news here is that he has a sane view of the North Korea situation. Hopefully he at least has Trump's ear on that.

chaos789

Banned
Bannon is the real life version of Littlefinger. No wonder he is such a big fan of "The Prince". He has no allegiance, but only to his own self preservation and deepening his roots to people in power so he can cultivate more power for himself.

I think that Bannon is just coming to the realization that the race war he's been dreaming of is a losing proposition that would destroy only the USA and not create any kind of new world order.

As you can see from his comments he's reversing course from White Nationalism and Isolationism and instead focusing on a new Cold War with Asia. it's not like he's had any kind of awakening to the light, he's just reorganized his ideas to find another path to the world he dreams of where his circle of friends are the kings.

He isn't though. Don't believe his lies. He's only making this kind of statement because the spotlight is on him after the people he's brainwashed showed themselves to be pure fucking scum. He's only trying to cover his ass. He still believes the same shit those men were marching for.

“The Democrats,” he said, “the longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em. I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.”

Yeah, why do Democrats keep flapping their mouths about bigotry all the time when the real problems facing this country are Mexicans, Muslims and transgender soldiers?

FyreWulff

“To me,” Bannon said, “the economic war with China is everything. And we have to be maniacally focused on that. If we continue to lose it, we're five years away, I think, ten years at the most, of hitting an inflection point from which we'll never be able to recover.”

that ship has sailed, bannon.

bionic77

Bannon and Trump should have lost the trust of the entire nation by now.

Of course it's America so instead they are running shit in the White House.

traveler

Not Wario
that ship has sailed, bannon.

If they were serious about it, they'd stop doing everything in their power to avoid developing energy solutions for the future. Guess that kills their coal base, though. Good luck beating China in the race when you've willing cut off one of your legs.

jstripes

Banned
Create civil unrest by stirring up the alt-right.

Pass blame onto the Democrats because "they keep talking about it".

Sounds about right.

FyreWulff

If they were serious about it, they'd stop doing everything in their power to avoid developing energy solutions for the future. Guess that kills their coal base, though. Good luck beating China in the race when you've willing cut off one of your legs.

Yep. We'd need to become the renewables king. Sadly, they spent years mocking Solyndra and complaining about China subsidizing green products and research instead of you know, doing it ourselves

Mael

Thinking about it, it's not so much that Calamity Bannon is smart more than he's surrounded by bags of dicks dumber than rocks so of course he appears to be smart.

meanwhile "economic war with China" is just another form of racism and nationalism, albeit a more acceptable one in the public eye

kmax

The man is a master of deception. He's the real life Littlefinger.

The fact that he's commenting at all is alarming. He's feeling the heat, and is easing pressure that has been ultra-focused on his position after Charlottesville.

Slayven

Him becoming a chatty cathy tells me the rumors about him leaving are true

Beyond that it's just racist white noise

Mael

The man is a master of deception. He's the real life Littlefinger.

The fact that he's commenting at all is alarming. He's feeling the heat, and is easing pressure that has been ultra-focused on his position after Charlottesville.

Can we stop with the aSoI&F comparison?
Little Fingers would never have allowed you to find a link between white nationalist and his more legitimate business.
He'd be the former ambassador to the UN who nudged all the people to be in this position.
The fact that Bannon is the fucking CEO of a white nationalist rag that keep stocking fire to this preclude any comparison to begin with.

He's right about China and NK.
He's still scum but everyone has sold their soul once the move of multinationals to start building stuff in China happened. Now they have the whole world by the balls economically.

Lubricus

Which one is the worse of these 5 presidential advisers?

Steve Bannon
Karl Rove
Dick Cheney
James Baker
Henry Kissinger

My answer is Kissinger- he double-crossed LBJ/ Hubert Humphrey to help Nixon prolong the Vietnam War resulting in quite a few American soldiers getting killed.

Shauni

I don't think he's fighting for his job at all. All a game.

Half of these statements directly contradict Trump.

He definitely is. The spotlight is on the "alt-right" now more than ever and Bannon has been spotlighted as a big figure in that. Even if Trump himself won't go against them, there's already a lot of pressure from several factions and people to get Bannon out. By most accounts he has few friends and already had his power gutted on the NSA once.

I know it's back in fashion to think of Bannon as the Great Dark Mage again, but it's pretty obvious what's going on. This interview following the riots isn't some random occurrence

Bannon loves chaos.

ding ding ding ding

There's so many angles to this that you can't take it at face value. He isn't in his "he became political consultant today" moment and there won't be one just like Cheeto Mussolini will never have his "he became president this day".

It's desperate hope for normalcy and nothing more.

Top Bottom