• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar MAFIA |OT| There's Gonna Be Shots

MattyG

Banned
Can you explain to me why you vote LP over someone else?
The stuff in my read post: weird voting (though that seems to be universal at this point), especially when we seemed to have a guaranteed scum lynch, as well as the theory that a few people seem to have clung on to that either L_P, me or NF/Timeaisis is scum based on Mazre's posts prior to his death.

Again, I have no way to prove this but I know I'm ordinary town, and NF has more of my trust than L_P based on their helpful posts that seem pro town so it's either L_P or Time. It's not that I'm 100% positive he's scum, it's just that no one else has really stood out to me.

Gorlak

Banned
I don't know... Ordinary town is my gut feeling. I've complained several times over the course of this game that he's been totally under the radar, which I don't like as a rule, though.

Hey thanks.

Another thing I know I've asked this before, but maybe you can give me another quick answer, just to clarify this for me once and for all. You told us you tracked LP and had no result leaving you with the impression he's more likely to not be scum. The night afterwards you have the same result on Zeemumu but go on and vote him? Can you see the contradiction?

Gorlak

Banned
The stuff in my read post: weird voting (though that seems to be universal at this point), especially when we seemed to have a guaranteed scum lynch, as well as the theory that a few people seem to have clung on to that either L_P, me or NF/Timeaisis is scum based on Mazre's posts prior to his death.

Again, I have no way to prove this but I know I'm ordinary town, and NF has more of my trust than L_P based on their helpful posts that seem pro town so it's either L_P or Time. It's not that I'm 100% positive he's scum, it's just that no one else has really stood out to me.

Thanks for your answer. I don't understand - why do you mix in Timeaisis here? What's his connection to the mentioned group?

Also NF's "helpful" posts could also absolutely be his way of directing town into a mislynch, that's why I'm careful to call someone pro town over one post too quickly.

MattyG

Banned
Thanks for your answer. I don't understand - why do you mix in Timeaisis here? What's his connection to the mentioned group?

Also NF's "helpful" posts could also absolutely be his way of directing town into a mislynch, that's why I'm careful to call someone pro town over one post too quickly.
One of those theories lumped him in with the group of 3 suspects, I think mostly for inactivity. I'll try to find the post that states that theory, but I think most of my suspicion just comes from him having posted even less than me.

That's true. I believe NF has had 2 or 3 posts like that, right? I would think scum, especially a late-game replacement, would only make 1 long fluff post to try to sway us into a mislynch, though I could be wrong and I'm being played like a fiddle.

Gorlak

Banned
Huh, the inactivity tipped you off, okay. So it wasn't connected to the vanilla cop? What do you think of Mazre's targets? All vanilla but is everyone town?

MattyG

Banned
Huh, the inactivity tipped you off, okay. So it wasn't connected to the vanilla cop? What do you think of Mazre's targets? All vanilla but is everyone town?
I just remembered that when I was looking for the post that had the "either me, LP or Time is scum" theory. I'm gonna go back and read Mazre's posts again and I'll get back to you. What day did all that stuff go down, yesterday?

My scum read list right now is:

Lone_Prodigy > MattyG > NF

Also I know time is winding down and I'm almost certainly going to die tonight ;___; I love you all

Quick, somebody make a claim that makes themselves a bigger target than me!

Forgot about this. So your negative result on me a few nights ago means nothing? When we're pretty certain there are no more mafia goons?

Occam's Razor. My scum suspects exist because they haven't been tracked or investigated all game.

Gorlak

Banned
LP now you feed onto another doubt of mine. You're scum.

I'll vote you out.

Timeaisis, any opinion you still want to share?

cabot

VOTE TALLY:

timetokill (0)
gorlak 2629 (2634)
nin1000 2632 (2635)
lone_prodigy 2704 (2739)
nin1000 2712 (2734)

lone_prodigy (3)
timetokill 2647
never forever 2652
mattyg 2659 (2686)
nin1000 2671 (2676)
mattyg 2698

mattyg (0)
lone_prodigy 2655 (2699)

never forever (1)
lone_prodigy 2699 (2704)
nin1000 2710 (2712)
lone_prodigy 2739

nin1000 (1)
gorlak 2716
nin1000 2734 (2742)

gorlak (1)
nin1000 2742

DAY 6 ENDS:
gre_1468357200.png

Timeaisis

My opinion is basically the same as it was yesterday. My scum candidates in order of likelihood: LP, NF, TTK, MattyG.

VOTE: Lone_Prodigy

Gorlak

Banned
A final view in case I die:

Generally speaking I'm pretty uncertain about the players left. For the sake of having a chance to win I have to make some assumptions: (I'm starting by the assumption that LP got lynched)

TTK - town. If this was an amazing bussing play - starting D1, continuing his suspicion D2 and bringing down Dragonz D3 - he'd deserve the win.

Salva - town. Ridiculous claims, tunneling on two townies for four days, posting stuff just for the fun of it, refusing to help, I can see this as the "obvious" scum hiding in plain sight, but I make a call and say he's a bored vanilla townie.

I believe we may have another goon left. If LP flips town one of NF and Matty is definitely scum. These are the targets.

If I had to choose now, I'd probably vote out NF. Even though Matty lacks reasoning for his votes often and goes with the flow a lot, I find Retroid more suspicious. Matty comes in and defends himself and his votes more than anything else. Ah.. I'm not confident in this choice, I'd have to reread Retroid, because I can't remember much. I can't shake off the feeling that NF tries to influence rather than providing his views. Call it a 50-50.

Maybe we have a goon maybe we don't. If we come to the conclusion there could be another it's probably Timeaisis, his play was very similar to bats. Active and strong on D1 and live off that first impression as long as possible. He even bottomed activity the last two days and stays out of the spotlight very much. Today he didn't say anything useful and was the only one to not give an opinion on the topic of the day. Should be looked at after we found scum number #4.

(oh look at this he's here half an hour before deadline, it is odd)

nin - completely frustrating to play with. Giant ass boring gifs and pics. No reasoning on his votes ever. Jumps on every bandwagon. Fake claiming till eternity. Doesn't care about who gets lynched. He must be a survivor neutral. I can't understand anything else. I don't know how that would check with Mazre's power. If he's scum, bravo you were so ridiculously over the top, it actually worked. Don't lynch him.

Please town, we can win this. Sit down and go through the past days. There has to be something in there. Confirmed scum giving away a partner, look at the votes. Don't let yourself down. Don't let scum lead you astray. We can do this.

I've done all I could. Come at me scum, kill me.

Hey thanks.

Another thing I know I've asked this before, but maybe you can give me another quick answer, just to clarify this for me once and for all. You told us you tracked LP and had no result leaving you with the impression he's more likely to not be scum. The night afterwards you have the same result on Zeemumu but go on and vote him? Can you see the contradiction?

I figured L_P wasn't scum until today when I connected the dots in my earlier post. Zeemumu I've had a bad feeling about all game and I didn't have a strong read that day so I just figured I'd vote zeemumu and try and get some posts out of him. It was just probing.

Forgot about this. So your negative result on me a few nights ago means nothing? When we're pretty certain there are no more mafia goons?

Occam's Razor. My scum suspects exist because they haven't been tracked or investigated all game.

Well, a negative result on somebody just means something for that night only. If there aren't any more goons (something I'm not sold on btw, I think there's one more) then what could have happened is somebody simply didn't move that night. that's why I kept holding back so somebody could get caught in a lie, like I did successfully with dragonz.

I get your reasoning though and I can certainly see why N_F is suspicious (I think I mentioned Retroid a few days ago in my top scum list). If he's still alive I'll probably track him (and die, but still).

cabot

Poor Gorlak was frustrated, he lashed out on an innocent patron

giphy.gif

In retaliation, Kingsley tapped his heels together and suddenly MOTHS!

GDwGtTy.gif

Not the damn MOTHS!!!

As the moths invaded, no one was spared

untitled-204sxc.gif

Kingsley led the patrons round the back. They were disorientated, just desperate to escape the clutches of the evil, horrible, inexplicable moths. It was where they witnessed a horrendous device. The sunthing used his telekinesis to lift Lone_Prodigy and lock him inside, he then did a star jump to unleash the bees.

giphy.gif

“You will burn now”.

giphy.gif

Lone_Prodigy has been killed!

Greetings! Kingsley welcomes you to the Bar!

You heard that there was gonna be shots and you came a running.

So what if you drink every Thursday, and every Friday, and somemost Saturdays. And occasionally, Tuesdays if you have an event, or Sunday if it’s a bank holiday.

That’s your god given right and no one is going to take it from you.

You are the Ordinary Drunk and you are aligned with TOWN.

At the end of the night phase, you swap your card with one of the middle cards without loo….
I mean you are an ordinary villager. You wield the most deadly of powers, those of discussion and voting.

The game thread is: HERE

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Cabot or Kawl_USC.

You win when all threats to TOWN are eliminated.

1462299207Wj8y7HJ___Imgur.gif

DAY 7 BEGINS:
ora_1468530000.png

Kawl_USC

Closing time
Open all the doors and let you out into the world
Closing time
Turn the lights up over every boy and every girl
Closing time
One last call for alcohol so finish your whiskey or beer
Closing time
You don't have to go home but you can't stay here

7 people.

Just 7 people remained in the desolate wasteland formerly known as The Bar.

It was supposed to have been a fun night out how has it come to this.

What does this bastard yellow sun want? Does he want everyone to suffer as Britain will suffer?

He keeps saying that Theresa may become prime minister? Which Theresa and why is it up in the air??

Worse yet, the supply of drinkable alcohol was running dangerous low. If they were forced to remain here any longer the very bloody Mary's Kinglsey had made might actually start looking appetizing...

"Guys, I can't take it any more. First, hundreds of thousands of people watching an Internet stream assumed I was in a gay couple with my vastly more attractive friend. Then some asshole stole my prime time seat. Now we are running out of alcohol while being kept here by this yellow freak? Screw this, I'm drinking that Bloody Mary, visible corpse parts or not."

"THAT WOULD BE A MISTAKE."

As the first sip passed his lips, Mr Aisis discovered that Kingsley words were true...

Greetings Timeaisis! Kingsley welcomes you to the Bar!

You heard that there was gonna be shots and you came a running.

So what if you drink every Thursday, and every Friday, and somemost Saturdays. And occasionally, Tuesdays if you have an event, or Sunday if it’s a bank holiday.

That’s your god given right and no one is going to take it from you.

You are the Ordinary Drunk and you are aligned with TOWN.

At the end of the night phase, you swap your card with one of the middle cards without loo….
I mean you are an ordinary villager. You wield the most deadly of powers, those of discussion and voting.

The game thread is: HERE

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Cabot or Kawl_USC.

You win when all threats to TOWN are eliminated.

6 people.

Just 6 people remained.

Day 7 Begins

cabot

Day 7 will be 48 hours

SHORTCUT POST

Current Phase: Day 7

Player List (6 Remain):

01 [m] timetokill - New
07 [m]A Human Becoming [f] Tar-Miriel - New [m] Gorlak
09 [m] Retroid [m] Never Forever
13 [m] MattyG
16 [m] SalvaPot
19 [m] nin1000

02 [m] Catvoca - New [m] Mazre DEAD
03 [m] tomakasatnav MODKILLED
04 [f] Wherearemahdragonz DEAD
05 [m] Kyanrute DEAD
06 [m] euphemism [m] Lone_Prodigy DEAD
08 [m] Crab DEAD
10 [f] StackpoleH [m] Zeemumu MODKILLED
11 [m] Dusk Soldier DEAD
12 [m] TheExodu5 DEAD
14 [m] Ourobolus DEAD
15 [m] batsnacks DEAD
17 [m] AbsolutBro DEAD
18 [m] Barrylocke DEAD
20 [m] *Splinter DEAD
21 [m] Timeaisis DEAD
23 [m] kingkitty DEAD

22 [m] Hyperactivity [m] CornBurrito WINNER

Vote tool can be found here:
http://rfnx.ddns.net/mafia/1228204.html

Day Start/End:

Day 1 Start
Day 1 End

Day 2 Start
Day 2 End

Day 3 Start
Day 3 End

Day 4 Start
Day 4 End

Day 5 Start
Day 5 End

Day 6 Start
Day 6 End

Day 7 Start

CURRENT PHASE ENDS:
pin_1468702800.png

4 votes for majority.

Gorlak

Banned

timetokill - claimed tracker
Gorlak - claimed fruit vendor
Never Forever - claimed ordinary town
MattyG - claimed ordinary town
SalvaPot - confirmed vanilla, ?
nin1000 - confirmed vanilla, claimed ordinary town

I'd like my night target to announce himself.

Gorlak

Banned
I'm out and about right now, but I'll go back and find it once I'm on my laptop. Shouldn't be too long.

Posted it yesterday with no reactions. Anyway that's not the most important thing. What do you think of yesterday and LP's flip? Who are your two suspect, who would you vote out today?

MattyG

Banned
Posted it yesterday with no reactions. Anyway that's not the most important thing. What do you think of yesterday and LP's flip? Who are your two suspect, who would you vote out today?
I'm pretty surprised about LP's flip, and it makes me wonder if I WAS wrong about NF. Based on that theory about Mazre's investigations, either NF, LP or I is scum. Now, LP obviously isn't and I'm not, so I guess if that theory holds true then it has to be NF. I just have a hard time believing it because of their posting behaviour, but I do remember people saying that the player they replaced was playing suspicious, so maybe NF is just REALLY good scum.

My top 2 suspects as of RIGHT NOW, without any further discussion having happened, are NF and Salva. I trust you and for now I believe TTK is actually neutral with no scum leanings. Nin reads to me like a frustrated town lashing out, so that leaves Salva who has always kind of flown under the radar, and NF who I'm very unsure of now.

Any opinions on why timeaisis was chosen?
Because NF and I are set up to be prime suspects today, and there wasn't a ton of suspicion going his way, perhaps? Not a ton of activity from Time either, so knocking him off wouldn't give us much more to go on.

I tracked MattyG, my second choice for scum after Lone_Prodigy.
Result: I didn't see anything.

So at the least MattyG didn't do the kill, if he's scum, which I'm less sure about now. Of course considering I put him as my #2 his scum partner could've done the kill so MattyG wouldn't risk being seen. It makes me more suspicious of N_F in the meantime though if we can believe Mazre. Have to go back and check, but I'm at work presently.

I'll read the rest of the thread and respond to Gorlak when I get home in a couple hours.

MattyG

Banned
I tracked MattyG, my second choice for scum after Lone_Prodigy.
Result: I didn't see anything.

So at the least MattyG didn't do the kill, if he's scum, which I'm less sure about now. Of course considering I put him as my #2 his scum partner could've done the kill so MattyG wouldn't risk being seen. It makes me more suspicious of N_F in the meantime though if we can believe Mazre. Have to go back and check, but I'm at work presently.

I'll read the rest of the thread and respond to Gorlak when I get home in a couple hours.
It-Wasnt-Me-Shaggy-Music-Video-Gif.gif

sorry guys felt kind of demotivated, was so convinced that L_P was scum, feel like it's my fault we're at this point

I've townreading MattyG's contributions too ever since he's become more active, which has really been confusing me

so

if we flip our thinking and eliminate all our assumptions, then the scum PR could be one of those who we've generally accepted as a Town PR up to this point, Gorlak or timetokill

let me think some more and look back at some things that have bothered me, I know Gorlak already has a vote and I don't want to rush it

Gorlak

Banned
Salva, lets do this. My gut tells me gorlak is our man

Your gut? Do you have any more of these convincing arguments? Yesterday you were fit to vote out NF, TTK or LP because you didn't care at all.

I'm totally up for a nin lynch, if he's town he is nowhere near enough to deserve a win. If you go through the past days you see his inconsistent behaviour, his vote history looks pretty bad as well. His sudden swing against me at this late stage is the next unconvincing move.

I'm pretty busy and shocked by the inactivity. Nobody responded to my question about bats vote on mattyg with his ominous comment about his hunch being useful in the future.

LP believed TTK. I specifically gave LP the drink the night before because I trusted him to not reveal it too early. Would the current receiver please speak up?

I have no clue about who could be scum. I think that's why I'm still alive. The other scenario is that they wanted to steer discussion in my direction.

nin1000

Banned
Your gut? Do you have any more of these convincing arguments? Yesterday you were fit to vote out NF, TTK or LP because you didn't care at all.

I'm totally up for a nin lynch, if he's town he is nowhere near enough to deserve a win. If you go through the past days you see his inconsistent behaviour, his vote history looks pretty bad as well. His sudden swing against me at this late stage is the next unconvincing move.

I'm pretty busy and shocked by the inactivity. Nobody responded to my question about bats vote on mattyg with his ominous comment about his hunch being useful in the future.

LP believed TTK. I specifically gave LP the drink the night before because I trusted him to not reveal it too early. Would the current receiver please speak up?

I have no clue about who could be scum. I think that's why I'm still alive. The other scenario is that they wanted to steer discussion in my direction.

You are scum. You did a good job and or a bad job. But your time is up. No more time. For your bs.

something about your wording confuses me

...you know why you're still alive, and you would have been alive either way, right?

Well ... at least I'm going to survive tonight.

You ever wondered why I give out drinks? If the crowd of my supporters is big enough (3+) they'll protect me. My drinks are so good, they can't live with the thought that nobody could ever appreciate them again. Randomly one of my drink receiver will take the bullet. Nin, Timeaisis, LP and tonight's target ~ 3 will be alive at the minimum.

I won't die.

like, you suddenly added to your role by justifying why you wouldn't be night killed

...and like L_P pointed out it's a bit of a weird thing to mention in the main thread and not just let it happen and throw scum for a loop

unless you were lying

MattyG

Banned
I really have no idea what he was getting at with that whole thing. I'd like to hear everyone's ideas, even if they paint me in a bad light, because I have none.

And Nin, could you maybe give a little more of a reason for Gorlak being scum? If you're town, I get that you're frustrated but just saying "my gut tells me" isn't convincing me to vote for him. We need actually discussion and not just short accusations if we're gonna find scum.

I think Batsnacks's vote and justification was a bit too on the nose

He knew after he died people would massively over read into his posts and look for clues and secret smoke signals to his besties

I think he figured he was likely to go early and wanted attention to cluster around you after the fact

it's part of why I'm leaning towards you being Town

MattyG

Banned
I think Batsnacks's vote and justification was a bit too on the nose

He knew after he died people would massively over read into his posts and look for clues and secret smoke signals to his besties

I think he figured he was likely to go early and wanted attention to cluster around you after the fact

it's part of why I'm leaning towards you being Town
That makes sense. That was around the time when my posts were still few and very vague too, so I'd be a pretty easy target.

Top Bottom