• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar MAFIA |OT| There's Gonna Be Shots

MattyG

Banned
Drunk again. I love you guys. I want to run a game next season which should I run fallout or star wars 2? I feel like fallout has more potential for good flavor but star wars 1 went soooooo well!

cabot

SHORTCUT POST

Current Phase: Night 3

Player List (17 Remain):

01 [m] timetokill - New
02 [m] Catvoca - New [m] Mazre
03 [m] tomakasatnav
04 [f] Wherearemahdragonz DEAD
05 [m] Kyanrute
06 [m] euphemism [m] Lone_Prodigy
07 [m]A Human Becoming [f] Tar-Miriel - New [m] Gorlak
08 [m] Crab
09 [m] Retroid
10 [f] StackpoleH [m] Zeemumu
11 [m] Dusk Soldier
12 [m] TheExodu5 DEAD
13 [m] MattyG
14 [m] Ourobolus DEAD
15 [m] batsnacks
16 [m] SalvaPot
17 [m] AbsolutBro DEAD
18 [m] Barrylocke
19 [m] nin1000
20 [m] *Splinter DEAD
21 [m] Timeaisis
22 [m] Hyperactivity
23 [m] kingkitty DEAD

Vote tool can be found here:
http://rfnx.ddns.net/mafia/1228204.html

Day Start/End:

Day 1 Start
Day 1 End

Day 2 Start
Day 2 End

Day 3 Start
Day 3 End

CURRENT PHASE ENDS:
cya_1467147600.png

The situation so far.

I don't know why Kawl eliminated all my spacing from my day end fluff, but I do loathe him for it.

Kawl_USC

The situation so far.

I don't know why Kawl eliminated all my spacing from my day end fluff, but I do loathe him for it.
Look we were both pretty drunk amigo. I was at a going away kegger with my softball team and a dead phone. You're lucky there's anything there.

cabot

It all went to shit when Kixit happened.

No control, No plan, just a bunch of idiots with their heads in the sand.

We're all doomed.

stop talking

Kawl_USC

No. There's a timer on this page. Just over 3 hours.

If you are dead or not in this game please refrain from shit posting and baiting current players please.

If you are still alive and in the game, stop. posting.

cabot

Despite the near anarchy that Kixit had brought on the bar (the cost of Bloody Mary’s had increased from £4 to £6 after all!), the successful removal of one of the more annoying patrons (seriously, frat bros, keggers, oh my!) had restored some level of decency and joviality.

With that crazy sun gone, the bargoers began to look amongst themselves to determine who was now in charge.

Well, obviously it wasn’t the bartender, he was no longer with us. The cop might have been someone who could have taken the reins, but he had gone up in flames. The coke dealers were on the verge of making a power play, when the charismatic DJ spoke into the mic.

“Ladies, Gentlemen, Spiders. It is time for us to come together as one and rise above these adversities, rise above these unspeakable tragedies we have faced in this grand opening. We must look within and make a decision.”

Grumbles spread through the crowd, disquiet and some suspicion.

“How do we even know he can be trusted?”
“I mean he could be just trying to ruin our night out too.”
“Just because he has a highly visible role and has been helping us out thus far? It could all be some elaborate trap!””

The DJ continued with his speech undeterred, scuttling back and forth on the stage now, brandishing the microphone to and fro within his meaty claw.

“Nature can be lethal, but it doesn’t hold a candle to man. Now, you’ve seen how bad things can get and how quickly they can get that way. Well, they can get a whole lot worse. So, we’re not gonna fight anymore. We’re going to pull together and find a way to get out of here. First we’re going to seal out this …”

His monologue was cut short abruptly in a shocking display as a monstrous shark broke up throw the floor boards of the stage, grabbed the crustacean, shook back and forth a few times and sank back into the whole from whence it came.

Well now, that is something.

Crab has died!
Greetings! Kingsley welcomes you to the Bar!

Check, check. Are you getting this cover of ‘Wonderwall’ over the speakers?

You swear to god as you do the final checks of all of your sound equipment and prepare for another blasted ‘90s Night’ at another forsaken bar. Spice Girls? Check. Blink-182? Check. La Macarena? A double check. Let’s do the damn thing.

You are The DJ and you are aligned with TOWN.

That means you are a a 1-shot Public Day Alignment Checker.

Once during a day phase, you can issue the command HAPPY BIRTHDAY: <name> to call them onto the bar to take their birthday shot of Fireball. If your target is town, they will be told happy birthday and given the shot. If your target is non-town, they will be berated and told to get off the damn bar.

Beyond this, you have the power to vote and discuss every day.

The game thread is: HERE

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Cabot or Kawl_USC.

You win when all threats to TOWN are eliminated.

DAY 4 BEGINS

Player List (16 Remain):

01 [m] timetokill - New
02 [m] Catvoca - New [m] Mazre
03 [m] tomakasatnav
04 [f] Wherearemahdragonz DEAD
05 [m] Kyanrute
06 [m] euphemism [m] Lone_Prodigy
07 [m]A Human Becoming [f] Tar-Miriel - New [m] Gorlak
08 [m] Crab DEAD
09 [m] Retroid
10 [f] StackpoleH [m] Zeemumu
11 [m] Dusk Soldier
12 [m] TheExodu5 DEAD
13 [m] MattyG
14 [m] Ourobolus DEAD
15 [m] batsnacks
16 [m] SalvaPot
17 [m] AbsolutBro DEAD
18 [m] Barrylocke
19 [m] nin1000
20 [m] *Splinter DEAD
21 [m] Timeaisis
22 [m] Hyperactivity
23 [m] kingkitty DEAD

9 votes for majority.

Vote tool can be found here:
http://rfnx.ddns.net/mafia/1228204.html

DAY 4 ENDS
blu_1467493200.png

Timeaisis

RIP Crab. Really great play claiming to be crazy eight. Drew the mafia kill even though his power was useless. At least at this point we can be 100% sure Dusk is town.

Now to examine who doubting the Crab/Dusk Soldier thing. And who was staunchly against WAMD.

Final Day 3 votes:

batsnacks (0)
gorlak 1956 (2094)
mazre 1960 (2172)

salvapot (0)
salvapot 1967 (2162)
gorlak 2094 (2110)

timetokill (2)
kyanrute 1992 (2112)
wherearemahdragonz 2045 (2171)
lone_prodigy 2134
zeemumu 2148

wherearemahdragonz (8)
timeaisis 2018
dusk soldier 2024 (2027)
dusk soldier 2027
batsnacks 2034
nin1000 2109 (2166)
gorlak 2110 (2140)
kyanrute 2112
timetokill 2123
mattyg 2133
crab 2156
mazre 2172

zeemumu (0)
nin1000 2103 (2109)

gorlak (1)
salvapot 2162

hyperactivity (2)
nin1000 2166
wherearemahdragonz 2171

timetokill - voted WAMD
Mazre - late vote on WAMD when she was all but dead
tomakasatnav - didn't vote
Kyanrute - voted TTK and then WAMD
Lone_Prodigy - voted TTK
Gorlak - voted batsnacks, then salva, then WAMD, then unvoted
Retroid - didn't vote
Zeemumu - voted TTK
Dusk Soldier - voted WAMD early
MattyG - voted WAMD late
batsnacks - voted WAMD early
SalvaPot - voted Gorlak
Barrylocke - didn't vote
nin1000 - voted WAMD and then Hyper
Timeaisis - voted WAMD early
Hyperactivity - didn't vote

nin1000

Banned
WTF is wrong with you. If you truly believe this how can you simply trust him? How would you be sure about this in any way when you know what he is capable of? His reasoning is bullshit and you know it.

Yeah. Not the best look.

VOTE:Gorlak

Let's see how you talk yourself out of it.

Kyanrute

There are some oddities on the sides that haven't been talked about, those being nin's mystery drink and Barry's Fake ID. Has anybody else been receiving gifts?

Since it now seems somewhat possible that ttk is a tracker, in the case that he also is town, someone else than dragonz has been doing the kills. I doubt this fact brings anything new forward though, since nobody yet has happened to catch the killer in action.

Kyanrute

Oh and there was a strange thing on dragonz's pm too: [redacted]. Her role was there, the role name was there, the description was there, the kill command was there, the wincon was there, the links to scum chat and to the thread were there and the encouragement to ask silly questions from the mods was there. Everything that the other pms we've seen so far had. And still, something is missing. Why was it removed and who did it?

Oh and there was a strange thing on dragonz's pm too: [redacted]. Her role was there, the role name was there, the description was there, the kill command was there, the wincon was there, the links to scum chat and to the thread were there and the encouragement to ask silly questions from the mods was there. Everything that the other pms we've seen so far had. And still, something is missing. Why was it removed and who did it?

Her scum partners?

Gorlak

Banned
Let's get on with this. The next lynch should be obvious. My plan was already posted last day. I still believe bats to be scum 301%, but everything points at Hyper atm.

Vote: Hyperactivity

batsnacks

Let's get on with this. The next lynch should be obvious. My plan was already posted last day. I still believe bats to be scum 301%, but everything points at Hyper atm.

Vote: Hyperactivity

Your reads yesterday were a mess -- crab/dusk/ttk mafia? You didn't participate in the obvious mafia lynch. You're pushing me for going on 3 phases without giving any reasons yet. I'm pretty sure you have voted outside of the main lynch candidates every phase since you subbed in.

batsnacks

fwiw though Hyperactivity's "you better give amazing reasons for voting WMD if that's who you're voting" series of posts is scummy. It's like he's setting himself up to take a whole bunch of credit for coordinating the WMD lynch and he doesn't want people to be able to vote for WMD for the easy/obvious reason --once TTK claimed tracker that's all the reason anyone should have needed.

fwiw though Hyperactivity's "you better give amazing reasons for voting WMD if that's who you're voting" series of posts is scummy. It's like he's setting himself up to take a whole bunch of credit for coordinating the WMD lynch and he doesn't want people to be able to vote for WMD for the easy/obvious reason --once TTK claimed tracker that's all the reason anyone should have needed.

eh, had a bunch of stuff, then got demotivated with trying to play the game

Might as well summarize what my case was going to be:

The questions I brought up regarding her role, issues that I pointed out. This is already in the thread

She claimed spy day 1, changed her role name to mysterious matron the next (she mentioned being a patron as flavor day 1, never mentioned her role name as spy again, despite explicitly calling it that)

Also, the thing about scum playstyles: scum have been playing oddly "scared", and today's kill again confirms that for me. Night 1, rather than ove on the scummy looking probably safe pr claim (plus WAMD, cause remember, this was supposed to be for yesterday), they opt to go for a quiet, safe kill on kingkitty. Night 2, of all the prs presented, they go for the one that's scummiest, but also safest. Now, night 3, they go for crab, who was somewhat more forgotten compared to ttk's recent claim.

I was thinking along the lines that (some mixture of these):
A. Scum was playing with players more willing to go for the absolute safe option. This iss useful
B. Something happened day 1 where they were at risk, playing on edge, and they didn't want anymore risky plays to happen, as one of their members was already running on a timer. Should, say (I'm also thinking they had some reason to fear a watcher or tracker, based on them playing more scared. Makes me think their roles, or at least one of them, is designed to probably protect from that), another one of their players get caught killing someone, then they would be down 2 members, and in a pretty bad spot

God, work today was hellish. I need a drink.

Feels weird not having my sights set on somebody I'm sure is scum XD

Things I want to look into:

- zeemumu's weird vote for me... he said "I'd like to know what could have been." That's it. Hasn't posted much before or since. Don't know if he's just trying to have a record of participating without saying much of anything. I don't care that he voted for me as much as the activity/reasoning or lack thereof.

- Gorlak's spray and pray or whatever he's doing, and then the unvote at the end... what?

I'm here! Sorry, the last day pretty much entirely skipped me by.

Vote: Remain.

Shit, that was last week.

Wish I had pushed harder on the WAMD vote earlier, but didn't trust my gut instinct!

What do we think the numbers look like in terms of scum, ie are we still in a position where they don't feel the need to vote for their own to avoid suspicion?

Gorlak

Banned

We still have to look at the very first day. Dragonz was on the verge to be lynched, late push against absolutbro. Obviously there is at least one more scum in the bro lynch.

Those are the suspects to follow:
Hyper
Bats
Kyanrute

Hyper and Kyan voted with dragonz on ttk, someone who was onto dragonz the whole of day 2. Meaning scum tried to get rid off him to ease the suspicion on dragonz, which ultimately failed and led to yesterday's lynch.

Yesterday was lame as everyone agreed. Toma's question is ridiculous, was scum on the dragonz lynch? Were they really? 8 of 18 people, 4 scum? What are the odds? No bus at all? Please. Of course they were in on this lynch. Multiple people pointed out it was easy to hide in this lynch for scum.

Kyan and bats were on her. Hyper tried to divert attention. He's my top suspect of being scum atm. He "lead" the case against dragonz only to stop and shit on everyone. He wanted others to come up with more cases and fantasizing about what if's which were unnecessary yesterday.

I still remember Hyper overreacting to my bathroom idea, the idea was wrong, but why would he be affected in any way? Fear of gaining suspicion? Reads like a scum reaction to me.

The Day 3 argument against Dragonz is his bus play. Hyper is scum.

also:
Having said that, I agree very much about batsnacks, and also hyper.
in response to me accusing them of being scum yesterday.

nin1000

Banned
Yes. I don't know if scum would be this obvious and try to get me lynched or if he is town who doesn't realize he's being played by scum. Right now Hyper is the better lead.
I want to have a reaction from you but eh. I will however agree with you on the 2 above posts. Well played.

Kyanrute

I agree with Gorlak's list, the vote record puts me, bats and hyper in bad light and there should be a scum there. I'd add Timeaisis to the list of suspicious people, based on his vote record. He has voted for two known townies and he was part of the dragonz lynch. Yet I must add that starting the train is a moderately bold thing to do as a scum but then again dragonz's situation did seem a bit dire after ttk revealed his tracking results.

Kyanrute

Her scum partners?

Hmm I was thinking something more nefarious like a lost buddy or some scum only information or a role that removes parts of death messages but you are right, the mention about scum buddies is missing. The placement of the [redacted] at the end just seemed like a strange place to put the buddies in but I might be overthinking this.

Kyanrute

I believe I owe nin an answer. I had a theory relating to the following exchange at the day 3 start:

are the pictures of children drinking related to the forger role?

Since your avatar is showing me a so called "mutalisk" i will have to assume that your role is somewhat mutated. This can only mean that you dont have an ordinary role. Furthermore the zerg are the enemies in the starcraft Universe.

are you scum ?

I thought there might be a connection between the role in this game that deals with fake IDs which are usually used by minors and the pictures you've been posting.

Anyway zerg are the good guys in SC I know because all my units are zerg and I am a good guy.

My theory was this: batsnacks has a killing power and he targeted nin, who somehow survived the kill. We've been thinking about the possibility that Splinter was killed by kitty's bondage dungeon but when I got the theory, I entertained the possibility that bats had killed Splinter instead. Yet since we again lack a second kill, it lowers the likeliness of this theory. This is also the reason why I withheld my answer until now: I wished to have additional proof one way or the other.

zeemumu

God, work today was hellish. I need a drink.

Feels weird not having my sights set on somebody I'm sure is scum XD

Things I want to look into:

- zeemumu's weird vote for me... he said "I'd like to know what could have been." That's it. Hasn't posted much before or since. Don't know if he's just trying to have a record of participating without saying much of anything. I don't care that he voted for me as much as the activity/reasoning or lack thereof.

- Gorlak's spray and pray or whatever he's doing, and then the unvote at the end... what?

Summer courses started not too long ago so my attendance in this thread has been spotty. Sorry.

I'm assuming Dragonz voted for you and then changed it to Hyper later so you might be safe, but then again she might have voted for you to cast suspicion off of you because she knew she was next and that no one would doubt you when they found out that she was scum, but then again iocane comes from Australia...

I'll have to go back and look through her posts.

Interesting pieces of info we got from WAMDs RolePM:

i. Apparently WAMD didn't have access to the scum chat.

-This is interesting because it implies she had to communicate with her teammates through code within this thread.

ii. She had a killing ability separate from the faction kill.

-Since her kill command mentions nothing about the faction kill, I have to assume it's an ability independent from her teammates. It's possible that on night one Kitty didn't use his execute command and that 2 players were successfully killed by scum. That in turn would mean that exodu5 was likely able to save one of night 2's targets with his doctor role. (though we have no way of knowing who he tried to save at this point. It was probably just crab anyway.)

iii. The redacted information most likely is how WAMD knew who her teammates were.

And if it's true that WAMD didn't have access to scum chat. That immediately puts Hyperactivity's D1 OP under suspicion .

Timetokill is also suspicious, as his tracking ability didn't pick up her night movements. I highly doubt she just sat on her ability and didn't use it.

Day 2 vote was really close. Ouro was town and TTK is pretty much confirmed town. Scum wouldn't be sad if either died, but was TTK breadcrumbing his role? Would scum try to swing the vote his way, for fear of a PR?

Also note zero votes on WAMD at the end of Day 2. Barry switched to Ouro. Timeaisis switched to Exo. TTK votes for WAMD twice before his vote settles on Exo, then Ouro.

Gorlak

Banned
Interesting pieces of info we got from WAMDs RolePM:

i. Apparently WAMD didn't have access to the scum chat.
ii. She had a killing ability separate from the faction kill.
iii. The redacted information most likely is how WAMD knew who her teammates were.

I entirely thought the brexit joke was on cabawl's behalf as a way to not show the link to the scum thread (as was done before in other games). Why do you assume her kill is seperate from the faction kill?

Anyway, care to give out a readlist? Top town/scum?

nin1000

Banned
I entirely thought the brexit joke was on cabawl's behalf as a way to not show the link to the scum thread (as was done before in other games). Why do you assume her kill is seperate from the faction kill?

Anyway, care to give out a readlist? Top town/scum?

Top Scum
Gorlak

Top Town
Gorlak

Top Bottom