• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Barkley 2 - It Still Exists

Draft

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...d-jam/posts/1799648?ref=backer_project_update

In 2012 I gave Tales of Games $100 to kickstart Barkley 2. It's now 2017 and they are still showing sewer gameplay. This game may never come out. I'd be disappointed, but not angry about the money. The $100 was basically a thank you for some of the hardest laughs I've ever had. Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden is the funniest videogame of all time.

There's good stuff in the new videos. The jokes are on point. "Google Japanimation." I don't know why it kills me, but it does. A lot of the first game is funny due to the jankiness of the assets and animations. I'm glad that it can still be funny with higher production values.

I think it looks great. I hope it is eventually released. In exchange for my $100, they sent me a Cyberdwarf body pillow case. I bought the cheapest body pillow on Amazon and put the case on it. My wife threw the whole thing in the basement.

Purkake4

Banned
Was just about to post in the kickstarter thread. Nice to hear that they're still working on it and it's coming along.

Eusis

Incidentally this made me check your tag and it's now broken. Have to buy BGII Enhanced Edition (though it still comes with the original version.)

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
The devs are good dudes, and they really want to get this thing done. Problem is, they got full time jobs at some point, and that kinda isn't the best for game development.

Eila

Never played the original because I don't know anything about basketball but I like the spritework of this one. Looks very authentic 16 bit.

Doop

Never played the original because I don't know anything about basketball but I like the spritework of this one. Looks very authentic 16 bit.

I recommend playing it anyway. You don't need much basketball knowledge to enjoy the game.

Ill be back for this for sure. There was one artist you could of followed on twitch that kind of updated. I didnt really mind on some of the wait as long as they were working on it. Despite how ridiculous Barkley is its actually really good and one of my favourite games lol.

Next on the list for shocking updates: Dudebro II

Going off on a tangent for this: Just thought I'd humor myself to see what they added, and I checked some of their concept art:

TwBHk.jpg

Dont worry the people who made it dont know shit about basketball either lol, they said they literally just googled shit or people that they somewhat knew.

I'll get it if it actually comes out in my lifetime, but the waits been so long I don't think I care about it anymore. It's time just feels behind me if that makes any sense.

Funny I come across this since I've been rewatching the super best friends playthrough of the first for the past couple days. I'm glad that the sequel is still in the works.

I'll never forget beating this game in my high school digital imaging class :D

Top Bottom