• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bat For Lashes + TOY = SEXWITCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabot

http://www.stereogum.com/1825833/bat-for-lashes-toy-debut-new-project-sexwitch-at-green-man-festival/video/

Over the past week, Bat For Lashes’ Natasha Khan has been teasing something mysterious through a game of Instagram hangman. That something is Sexwitch.

As Pitchfork reports, rather than a new Bat For Lashes album, it’s actually an entirely new band, a collaboration between Natasha Khan, kraut-psych band TOY, and producer Dan Carey. Khan previously worked with Carey on Bat For Lashes’ 2012 album The Haunted Man, and all three teamed up in 2013 for “The Bride,” a cover of an old Iranian psych-rock song for the Zendooni: Funk, Psychedelia And Pop From The Iranian Pre-Revolution Generation compilation for Carey’s label Speedy Wunderground. Sexwitch made their live debut today at the Green Man Festival in Wales, playing a number of songs (including “The Bride”) presumably from a forthcoming debut album, although no details have been announced yet.

The album is now available to stream HERE.

Regarding Bat For Lashes LP4:

Pitchfork: You’ve already written the next Bat For Lashes album, right?

NK: Hopefully it’ll be out in spring, yeah. It’s a big undertaking because thematically it’s very linked to a feature [film] that I’m writing at the moment. It has a story and I’m really excited! It’s going to be really good. But because I’ve done this, I feel like I might do a few more sessions and play some of the songs live a bit more, incorporate that into the recording—I haven’t done the final stage of recording yet.

Rest of the interview is HERE.

2016: Year Of The Khan !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom