• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Braag

Just noticed on Steam there is no big ad for the game anymore. Hilariousness, shit is going down.
Just to clarify, the people who bought it off GMG have to wait for the first patch before we can get a refund?

Yeap.
So the first patch better be fucking good.

Just noticed on Steam there is no big ad for the game anymore. Hilariousness, shit is going down.

What a tragedy. This should have been an epic win for Rocksteady, not an epic fail. They even delayed the game by seven months.

I just hope they can whip this game into some sort of shape. I really want to enjoy it the way it's meant to be enjoyed.

Wavebossa

Can we get some vram usage numbers from people? I really want to know what's going on here.

On everything LOW at 1080p, i'm using 1.5gb onboth SLI 770GTX cards in the menu. Once I start playing the game, its at full 2GB constantly. This is even on the lowest settings

I don't have the vram capacity to accurately assess how much its using. Can someone with a 4GB+ card give us some numbers on usage? (unless I missed it earlier in this fast moving thread)

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I got it on playable levels now. Everything on one tick above minimal, and it runs on 55-60fps. The Batmobile is still an issue though, with regular dips into 30s/40s and an occasional sub20 drop.

i5 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR3, GTX970, SSD.

In Batman Arkham Knight for PC, players take control of the capped crusader, to drop enemies like the game drops frames. Villains so vicious, they lack a conscious like the game lacks AO and textures. When you need to even the odds, summon the batmobile and studder about Gotham with its janky controls. Investigate the disappearance of wet textures, ambient occlusion and navigate Warner Bros. massive PR spin cycle!

Featuring exclusive nvidia features like game works which is sure to leave your PC crashing. Includes an innovative DRM application known to slow down performance of games for no reason, PC and Nvidia is the place to play and experience the definitive version of Batman Arkham Knight.

I thoroughly enjoyed this post. It should be on the front of the retail box, Arkham City GOTY style.

Parsnip

Images shamelessly stolen from a comment on the Eurogamer thread:

So, you guys want to see something funny? The PC version isn't just missing effects like AO - certain textures and models are entirely absent:

PC:
UBmA8LS.jpg

PS4:
9GMeSLB.jpg

PC:
cm4r0qJ.jpg

PS4:
olpRlpx.jpg

Can also confirm that this is story related and these trees and stuff are not actually missing in the PC version.

I don't even have the heart to give the game another go tonight. This whole thing has just put a dampener on my excitement for the game. And with Ori in my library, and an unifnished Witcher 3 playthrough I may as well just leave this game and come back later. I wish people who got this game with their GPU's could refund it and choose a different game to be fair. Having Witcher 3 and Batman included in my GPU purchase was a big reason why I got the goddamn GPU to begin with :/ Lol oh well. Jokes on me!

riflen

Älg;169645046 said:
If this is using the built in benchmark then it's obviously not indicative of actual performance. If not, then the game seems to perform pretty decently if it weren't for all the stuttering.

I can't read the article, but normally GameGPU pick an area in the game and run around for a while to create their tests.

Can we get some vram usage numbers from people? I really want to know what's going on here.

On everything LOW at 1080p, i'm using 1.5gb onboth SLI 770GTX cards in the menu. Once I start playing the game, its at full 2GB constantly. This is even on the lowest settings

I don't have the vram capacity to accurately assess how much its using. Can someone with a 4GB+ card give us some numbers on usage? (unless I missed it earlier in this fast moving thread)

I guess I'm just going to have to keep posting this cause nobody likes to read...

kinggroin

Banned

Some 970 owners have reported 5GB vram usage and up to 10GB main memory usage after a while of playing

Can also confirm that this is story related and these trees and stuff are not actually missing in the PC version.

You can't stop the misinformation train :p

Oh? I thought there was a WB guy on Neogaf posting shit earlier though, no?

Yeah it seems like that unless you take 30 more seconds to do some research....

I did some more digging and I really do think it is just a weird coincidence.

The timelines for that linkedin profile absolutely do not match the timeline for the neogaf poster.

Edit: to give some further info that'll hopefully stop people from mining that linkedin profile person:

Linkedin profile has been working in TV for a long time. Neogaf poster owned a videogame shop at the same time period. I really don't think it's the same person.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Recommend specs.

OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - 3 GB Memory Recommended

"The Recommended Spec is intended to deliver an experience on par with the current generation of gaming platforms.

I really can't get over that. I just can't. It's simply unbelievable. WTF.

I made a video and shared it with a buddy. He said his game looks a lot better than what he saw in the video. I was mostly aiming to check out performance issues and I was floored to see just how bad image quality is. I am working on getting him to record a bit of footage to compare.

It seems performance wise mine is "ok" but still not great. I can't wait until they mess gets fixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY6O_Ioheus

Evo X

This game is a monster when it comes to memory.

I've noticed a peak of 7GB VRAM usage on my Titan X maxed out at 3k resolution. Seems to sustain about 6.5GBs gliding around the city.

Some 970 owners have reported 5GB vram usage and up to 10GB main memory usage after a while of playing

How could 970 owners report 5GB of VRAM usage, when their cards only have effectively 3.5GB?

Recommend specs.

OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - 3 GB Memory Recommended

"The Recommended Spec is intended to deliver an experience on par with the current generation of gaming platforms.

I really can't get over that. I just can't. It's simply unbelievable. WTF.

WTF... so specs that easily outmatch the PS4 is suppose to match the PS4... yeah okay

Wavebossa

This game is a monster when it comes to memory.

I've noticed a peak of 7GB VRAM usage on my Titan X maxed out at 3k resolution. Seems to sustain about 6.5GBs gliding around the city.

How could 970 owners report 5GB of VRAM usage, when their cards only have effectively 3.5GB?

Wow... 6.5... yeah this is crappy garbage collection... horrible memory management.

And yeah I hope he wasn't thinking that 2x 970GX SLI = 8gb (7gb effective) ram. SLI memory usage doesn't work like that. One card does not borrow the others ram to render a frame.

Kinthalis

Banned
Just curious, is this video common and what mostly everyone is experiencing while driving the Batmobile?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86g8UtO87h0

Similar to what you're getting? Constant drops to 0-5 fps or is the video an extreme example?

That doesn't happen to me at least. IT drops to around 30 FPS and fluctuates between 50 and 30. Which is, IMHO, unplayable, but it doesn't go below 30 for me, and a 30 FPS lock rmeoves the inconsistency (but I'm nto going to play this game at 30 FPS).

juno106

Neo Member
For shits and giggles i followed WB's settings advice , got rid of riva tuner etc. and .....

now it wont stop crashing .

It came free with my GTX 970 but I think I have given up.

Its not even the graphics now , its the fact that it just does not seem to work .

Managed to play for 2-3 hours straight without there being any real problems performance wise. At 1440p (DSR) my FPS is sitting at 65 with the lowest drops being in the 50's but with G-SYNC it's been pretty smooth.

My main grip is the textures not popping up properly. Am I the only one getting it at every single location that I go too? It's extremely jarring and takes forever for the texture to even pop up. Feels like I'm looking at a PS3 game whenever it happens.

19095311981_89aba1c749_b.jpg

18904300570_371ca5bf5d_b.jpg

19086396742_538d8c313c_b.jpg

Top Bottom