• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

SliChillax

AHAH! so this explains the issue i been having not been able to get MSI AB to show inside the game. i eventually figured it out by disabling GW!

So to confirm and this is 100% correct for me, if i disable GW then MSI overlays shows, if i enable then it appears. DX10 = WTF!

ok so now im really PISSED! devs go fuck urself

What does the overlay disappearing have to do with DX10? Unless I'm missing something...

1362498968618.jpg

Phil4000

This patch 1.0+ better have some incredible fixes:
- Stuttering (The biggest issue of the bunch)
- Missing Rain textures (on batman and batmobile)
- No Ambient Occlusion (no AO, or HBAO+ WTF)
- Memory Leaks (game tends to run even poorer as time goes on)
- Crashes (happens on app exit almost everytime for me or when I jump in the batmobile)

d00d3n

Gemüsepizza;169657355 said:
No DX11 effects.

Did anyone try to disable gameworks (so you stay in DX11 mode) and check rain shader surfaces, AO and performance (last thing hard to evaluate because gameworks off should improve perf by itself)?

Yeah but then you have the problem of... a 30fps limited game :(

Sigh... these vram issues are killing my desire to play tonight

I know. It's a lose-lose situation. Pick your poison I guess...

Apparently this game reverts to DX10 when the Nvidia effects are enabled. Might explain why certain shaders and effects are missing?

Did anyone try to disable gameworks (so you stay in DX11 mode) and check rain shader surfaces and AO?
I'd do it if I weren't at work right now.

Chariot

- Stuttering fix
- Rain texture fix
- Ambient Occlusion fix
- Memory leak fix
- Crashing fix
- added DLC
- added Batgems that can be used to unlock new levels instantly, capture villains off-screen and reduces the time to the next frame. The pack for 72 Dollar has the best value!

- Stuttering fix
- Rain texture fix
- Ambient Occlusion fix
- Memory leak fix
- Crashing fix

Yeah every one of these should be present in patch 1.0. I don't care if it takes several weeks for the patch to hit at this point, the damage is already done. The first patch needs to not be some half assed attempt, it needs to be a serious game changer

SliChillax

look at the screen below. MSI clearly shows D3D10 = DX10?

dasdasdsa.jpg

fuck me that is bad

I realize that but can you confirm that this is indeed the case on your end? Saying that the overlay doesn't work isn't exactly a confirmation, more like a bug.
Edit: Can anyone confirm that there are rain textures and AO with DX11 aka Gameworks off?

alfablac

Banned
i7-4790K 4.0GHz
2x GTX 970
16GB RAM
All settings maxed

I'm not noticing any framerate issues, and haven't had any crashes. The only issue I've noticed was a couple of low LOD textures. But apart from that, performance seems fine.

Here's what I tried to make it work:
  • Disabled SLI. Set PhysX to be on 2nd GPU
  • Installed game on SSD
  • Left 30FPS cap on

Obviously 30fps isn't ideal. But the game is totally playable for me, and it hasn't detracted from my enjoyment of it.

You do realize your setup includes two high-end cards and no matter what you do right now you still doesn't have features like AO and shader textures and are still running it in 30fps. Just a sanity check.

Mrbob

Holy fuck. What a mess. Reverts to DX10 when certain graphics features are enable.
It's official. This is one of the worse PC ports of all time.

I want to believe the wrong version of the game was uploaded to Steam but it doesn't look to be the case.

We are looking at history here. This is indeed one of the worst PC ports of all time.

ktroopa

I realize that but can you confirm that this is indeed the case on your end? Saying that the overlay doesn't work isn't exactly a confirmation, more like a bug.
Edit: Can anyone confirm that there are rain textures and AO with DX11 aka Gameworks off?

im off to check right now, will report back

I want to believe the wrong version of the game was uploaded to Steam but it doesn't look to be the case.

We are looking at history here. This is indeed one of the worst PC ports of all time.

Where the fuck is the build that Nvidia was using? That's what I want to know.

Its not just WB / Rocksteady who misled us. Nvidia has been uploading "PC footage" of a build of the game that doesn't exist.

Where is that footage from Nvidia? WTF

For those that tried to play the last AssCreed game. Which is worse?

This is at least playable, or it was for me last night.

For me this is worse than Unity. Unity probably ran a slightly worse at launch but at least all the effects were there. Was still bull shit but I didn't feel as fucked over as I do getting totally screwed out of features that a console can handle for who knows what reason. Unity on PC visually was a superior experience. On Batman we are getting not only a glitchy mess like Unity, but also worse features

Parsnip

Ehhh... I'll just wait for the main problems to be fixed then. Good thing I'll get to play the game in September when I go back to uni, hopefully everything will be fixed by then.

If you are curious, here's a quick comparison.

DoF True
bak_dof_true_2015_06_24_00002_by_majorparsnip-d8ykjng.jpg

DoF False
bak_dof_false_2015_06_24_00003_by_majorparsnip-d8ykjod.jpg

At a glance CA is gone, grain is gone, DoF is gone, blueish tint is gone, some kind of bloom (batmobile lights) seems to be gone.
On the flipside all that post processing really helps with jaggies.

SparkTR

The PC version of Unity looked fucking amazing, seeing the performance many people felt it was justified there. With this one it looks the worst and it runs horribly, there's no redeeming value.

Also Ubisoft gave the season pass out for free as repayment, I doubt WB will be doing that here.

Wavebossa

That's so weird. Maybe the streaming thread doesn't have high enough priority when there's too many frames to render? Awful.

Nah, its just memory not being freed up fast enough when you are rendering more than 30 frames per second. It looks to be purely a memory management issue at this point

b0bbyJ03

just my opinion, but i think this is worst.... i saw how bad it was in ACU PC performance thread and after the disaster that was watch dogs I decided to not fuck around and just lock the game to 30 at max settings (I got it free with my 980). Shitty but at least that option worked perfectly... it was locked 95% of the time and all the effects were present. Plus the game was gorgeous. Arkham Knight on the other hand can't even be locked to 30. It stutters like a mofo when I'm in the batmobile and the lack of AO makes the game look like shit. That and the missing shaders.

Pooya

Unity didn't look worse with missing effects, it was buggy like every other version of the game and right now it's ok. This is definitely worse than that at launch.

Unity also looked really great, 970s still could run it very well, much better than this.

sflufan

Banned
- Stuttering (The biggest issue of the bunch)
- Missing Rain textures (on batman and batmobile)
- No Ambient Occlusion (no AO, or HBAO+ WTF)
- Memory Leaks (game tends to run even poorer as time goes on)
- Crashes (happens on app exit almost everytime for me or when I jump in the batmobile)

Your expectations are far too high for a single patch.

SliChillax

im off to check right now, will report back
Sorry if I'm no doing it myself, I don't have my PC with me at the moment.

At a glance CA is gone, grain is gone, DoF is gone, blueish tint is gone, some kind of bloom (batmobile lights) seems to be gone.

Looks horrible with everything turned off in my opinion.

Corpekata

Banned

AC Unity is the better port.

Uncapped at 1440p both games ran in the 45-50ish range for me. But with an uncapped FPS for me, Batman doesn't like to load its' textures properly. Also seemed to be a lot less stutter in AC from moving between areas but you're also moving a lot slower in AC.

Capped at 30 on my rig they're about the same I'd say.

jett

D-Member

Apparently this game only looks good because Rocksteady worked really hard at hiding its inherent ugliness.

Zoned

Actively hates charity

I don't remember unity missing textures, AO or any other graphical settings in game. This batman port seems like some amateur did it in a week or so.

Mifec

AC Unity is the better port.

Uncapped at 1440p both games ran in the 45-50ish range for me. But with an uncapped FPS for me, Batman doesn't like to load its' textures properly. Also seemed to be a lot less stutter in AC from moving between areas but you're also moving a lot slower in AC.

Capped at 30 on my rig they're about the same I'd say.

Well Unity is mostly fine now and runs as you would expect it to on current hardware. I hope AK gets patched to that extent, hopefully faster too.

Unity didn't have missing effects that the console versions had. It just had weird glitches and performance was a bit bad.

I think this is honestly the worst PC port in recent times.

Zakalwe

Banned

Also removes the ability to see enemies in detective mode.

Älg

look at the screen below. MSI clearly shows D3D10 = DX10?

dasdasdsa.jpg

fuck me that is bad

That's kind of silly, but for all we know it could be an issue with Afterburner. Not saying that's the case, but maybe people in this thread should stop taking so many things at face value. Like the "missing" models, and that guy who supposedly worked for WB.

It's a shitty port and this is a shitty situation, but aim criticism where criticism is due.

EDIT:

wellthereitis.gif

Corpekata

Banned
Well Unity is mostly fine now and runs as you would expect it to on current hardware. I hope AK gets patched to that extent, hopefully faster too.

I played it on launch. Unity is better now for sure but even at launch I'd say it was a better port.

Though I didn't run into the notorious missing faces bug like some did.

Last night I set the fps cap to 120 and textures just would not load.

Setting it to 60 helped a little bit, but the LOD and time it would take for them to show up was still unacceptable.

No wonder they went with the 30 cap. So shady.

Top Bottom