• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Sean

Banned
RadarScope1 said:
Is there some trick to getting the perspective question marks? I swear I line them up perfectly and they won't register. It tells me they require a "special perspective." I'm doing it the same way I did it in AA... What's changed?

Perhaps you are leaving too big of a gap between the top and bottom part of the question mark. I find that it has to be really close.

Rattles

After that patch iv had 3 hard freezes and a short 0.5sec freeze in almost every challenge room.. Wtf did they do? ps3 btw.

bridegur

Just beat the main mission. Pretty great overall. My biggest complaints are the slightly cumbersome controls and super distracting UI. It'll be interesting to see what they do next; I feel like if they want to keep expanding, they'll need to do it next generation.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I love the game, and if not for my ridiculous backlog I would go on and complete all side-quests.

The boss fights were great, since Western developers usually have no idea how to handle boss fights. It was a huge 180 compared to Asylum's titan-fest.

My only complaint - the Catwoman DLC. The prompt in the beginning of the game, and the opinions of message board comments, gave the notion that the Catwoman DLC added to the game. I actually felt it was so tacked on that it took away from the game, especially at the end.

K' Dash

Guys, I'm having a BIG problem, how do I make the game not lock my xbox EVERY fucking time I load it?, is this normal?, is there a way to fix it?

Tsukumo

K' Dash said:
Guys, I'm having a BIG problem, how do I make the game not lock my xbox EVERY fucking time I load it?, is this normal?, is there a way to fix it?

Delete the game and dlc from Hdd and clear the cache. Then re-install everything. The update somehow makes a mess of the loading process when you install the update before installing the dlc.
It worked for me.
Judging from the problems I read on the Skyrim thread with the texture loading, this is probably more an xgd3 related issue rather than anything else.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
I'm getting ready to
go into wonder tower to stop Protocol 10 but I still have to complete Dead Shot's side mission as well as the Acts of Violence side mission so will I still have time to complete them after I stop Protocol 10 or is this a mission gauntlet till the end?

Having a great time with the game but I'm ready to finish it. Best superhero game I've played yet.

CRIME ALLEY! WOW!

No, Guts Of Thor, i don't want it to finish. Its soooooooooo good. When i first started playing it was kinda meh. Wasn't use to a big open world with tons of shit to do. But you really get use to it. I can't imagine going back to the cramped style of Arkham Asylum. RockSteady made the right choice. I have no clue what they're going to do for part 3 though.

I don't know what people are complaining about with the open world gameplay. Theres also closed environments. You get the best of both worlds. Its especially good when your in a closed area for awhile then go back out into the city. Its like "shit. im really in this fucking world".

Im up to wonder city. Love this section. Taking a break though. Been playing for 6 hours.

Well....i don't play games. I experience them. ;)

cackhyena

Guzim said:
I'm currently playing New Game+ with The Dark Knight Returns skin. I love that it looks so natural in this game.
That's the only one I've really wanted since day one. I want to wait till that and some more story DLC is available to start NG+.

overcast

Guts Of Thor said:
I'm getting ready to
go into wonder tower to stop Protocol 10 but I still have to complete Dead Shot's side mission as well as the Acts of Violence side mission so will I still have time to complete them after I stop Protocol 10 or is this a mission gauntlet till the end?

Having a great time with the game but I'm ready to finish it. Best superhero game I've played yet.
You can do all of the side quests after you complete the game if you want to do it that way. I saved the majority of them for after the game.

Melchiah

Guzim said:
I'm currently playing New Game+ with The Dark Knight Returns skin. I love that it looks so natural in this game.
cackhyena said:
That's the only one I've really wanted since day one. I want to wait till that and some more story DLC is available to start NG+.

Sama here. I've got the Beyond skin, but that seems kinda out of place.

What do you get for completing all the AR missions? Spoiler tag if needed.

I completed the first few that get you the
upgraded claw with the booster

overcast

DualShadow said:
What do you get for completing all the AR missions? Spoiler tag if needed.
For the first 3 (I believe) you get the grapnel hook. Which helps you zip across the city at great speed. You definitely should do the first few to get that, you don't get anything except an achievement for the advanced AR. One of those is a bitch though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'd kill for some multiplayer arena co-op. it would be awesome to stealth takedown with Batman and Robin/Nightwing.

Has anyone had a problem where the background music wont play anymore? (360)
Tried reinstalling, deleting cache nothing works so far.
All I get is 2 seconds (literally 2 seconds) of combat music that just randomly plays then just cuts off again... I made a new save and it works again there, so I'm guessing my save is bugged, just can't bring myself to explore the city for collectables with no music :(

I'm playing through new game plus trying to platinum this game, and I'm at the final fight and I haven't completed all the riddles/side missions, am I going to have to start completely over?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I really hate how close the camera is. It worked okay in AA, but the more open world just highlights the problem here. Nothing gamebreaking, but the crouch camera distance is preferable.

innervision961 said:
I'm playing through new game plus trying to platinum this game, and I'm at the final fight and I haven't completed all the riddles/side missions, am I going to have to start completely over?

No, you can do side missions after the main story is over.

RetroMG

Has anyone tried the Inficolor 3D glasses on a non-3D TV for this? I'm curious how well it works, but I'm not sure I want to drop the $10-$30 to get a pair of the glasses. Especially since my Xbox doesn't have an HDMI out. (I use the RGB cables on my HDMI TV.)

EDIT: Never mind, apparently I missed a thread about this.

kodecraft

overcast said:
This is why I saved my NG+ for after the game rush, I'll beat Skyrim and Skyward Sword then start in on it. That way I can play as Batman Beyond.

This. Good things goes to those who wait.

Hey I am almost done with the main Joker story but have only played through one Catwoman mission. When do they show up? I know there are 2 more from looking at the Wiki.

LifEndz

jhferry said:
Hey I am almost done with the main Joker story but have only played through one Catwoman mission. When do they show up? I know there are 2 more from looking at the Wiki.

There's a long span of time where you don't play as Catwoman, and then towards the end you get like two quick missions for her.

Her last mission was one of the hardest missions in the entire game imo. Spoilers
I kept trying to stealth take down every guy in the room and then deal with two face, but he would call more guys. Then I tried luring him to an area where his guys weren't around, but that was taking way too long. Finally I just focused on distracting his guys by setting off the display cases and proceeded to whoop tat ass on Harvey.

Great game, sold it, plan on re-purchasing it once the Dark Night dlc is available.

malfcn

I hope I am not screwed. Just hit load at 21% and the screen went black. The music is still playing but no activity.. ok, after reload it looks like we are okay.

Also, what is with all the sound clipping out?

Tsukumo

CadaveriaIX said:
Has anyone had a problem where the background music wont play anymore? (360)
Tried reinstalling, deleting cache nothing works so far.
All I get is 2 seconds (literally 2 seconds) of combat music that just randomly plays then just cuts off again... I made a new save and it works again there, so I'm guessing my save is bugged, just can't bring myself to explore the city for collectables with no music :(

There must be something reeeally wrong with this game.
Each time they update (I think there have been two, but maybe that's just for Ps3) something starts to not work properly. Everything went fine for two weeks, now after the new update enemies fall down and vanish when I'm fighting in the challenge rooms, the sound (both voice over and soundtrack) is out of synch, and maybe it's me but sometimes I hear bgm that are not in the main game. It's like the more they try to fix it, the more bugs start popping up.

LifEndz said:
There's a long span of time where you don't play as Catwoman, and then towards the end you get like two quick missions for her.

Her last mission was one of the hardest missions in the entire game imo. Spoilers
I kept trying to stealth take down every guy in the room and then deal with two face, but he would call more guys. Then I tried luring him to an area where his guys weren't around, but that was taking way too long. Finally I just focused on distracting his guys by setting off the display cases and proceeded to whoop tat ass on Harvey.
This was absolutely awful and random on NG+. It's really the only part of the game that felt random rather than challenging but man was it bad.
I'm going through her campaign challenges right now and some of the predator stuff is nerve-wracking.

Kung Fu Grip said:
CRIME ALLEY! WOW!

No, Guts Of Thor, i don't want it to finish. Its soooooooooo good. When i first started playing it was kinda meh. Wasn't use to a big open world with tons of shit to do. But you really get use to it. I can't imagine going back to the cramped style of Arkham Asylum. RockSteady made the right choice. I have no clue what they're going to do for part 3 though.

I don't know what people are complaining about with the open world gameplay. Theres also closed environments. You get the best of both worlds. Its especially good when your in a closed area for awhile then go back out into the city. Its like "shit. im really in this fucking world".

Im up to wonder city. Love this section. Taking a break though. Been playing for 6 hours.

Well....i don't play games. I experience them. ;)

Batman, Inc.

However, if WB was smart, they would acquire them and start development on an actual Justice League league game.

A man can dream.

Doomrider

Boombloxer said:
Batman, Inc.

However, if WB was smart, they would acquire them and start development on an actual Justice League league game.

A man can dream.
That's exactly what WB did, a year back or so =P

Also, can't wait until Rocksteady reveal some mind-blowing-super-hidden-easter egg, six months from now.

K' Dash

The fact that I have to restart my fucking xbox 4 times for this game to load is hindering my experience, is there any way to fix this?

I tried cleaning the cache, deleting everything but the save, downloaded the catwoman dlc installed the game and then updated it, still locks my xbox.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Korosenai

So has there been anymore news on a loss of saves? I got to 100%, but I still need the dlc achievements, and I don't want to lose all of my progress.

Derrick01 said:
It's been pretty much confirmed that campaign DLC episodes will be coming. We just have no details on when or how detailed it will be.

Really? That would make sense because...well...the ending...it just feels...a little...
abrupt, no?

Is there a 100% checklist anywhere?

I just finished the main story and I think I'm going to go for 100% but I want to know what's involved before I start.

Top Bottom