• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham City: Rocksteady Hints At Campaign DLC

Xater

HK-47 said:
Cain is a lost cause.

Why? They can't use Barbara. She would be the one who actually fits best in their Bat universe.

This better have campaign content for Nightwing.

Cruzader

Banned
Wow more DLC that was meant to be on the disk now for sale. Can't believe this. This should of been included like that nightwing dlc. Tsk tsk....

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Luken said:
O.O Really!? Awesome! Here in Brazil the game will only come out November 1st. I will play this game so much! :D
There are many stores that already have the game at prices cheaper than the Brazilian MSRP.

Luken

Brazil said:
There are many stores that already have the game at prices cheaper than the Brazilian MSRP.

Thanks, but I already pre-order. In case you don't know, the Brazilian version of Batman AC comes with the Robin map pack, subtitles in portuguese and a comic book of Batman Detective in portuguese (144 pages).

Nice to see a Brazilian friend on GAf.

I really wanted that they included a co-op multiplayer for this game as DLC.

Perfect opportunity to give Robin and Nightwing mini-campaigns (or maybe even one together where you take turns playing as them).

The setting is already built, the game would feel quite a bit different (gameplay and tone-wise) from AC, and it would be a fun diversion while waiting for the next big Batman adventure.

Neither character could carry a full title on their own but this would be a great way to use them.

EDIT: I'm thinking of it being similar to the GTAV DLC -- even though you were familiar with the city, it almost felt like a new game. Put their missions in other buildings and explore other parts of the city and traverse in different ways. Could be fantastic.

Cruzader said:
Wow more DLC that was meant to be on the disk now for sale. Can't believe this. This should of been included like that nightwing dlc. Tsk tsk....

Robin/Nightwing shit, sure. But single player story DLC? Not so sure.

GillianSeed79 said:
Any word yet on how the PC version is going to handle DLC?
I posted this a little earlier today in another thread:

The Nature Roy said:
So here's the latest on the PC DLC situation:

10 days after the Rocksteady community manager said the information would be released in 1-2 days, we've only just finally gotten a (non)answer now:

"Right now I have no official information about DLC dates or how it will work for the PC. As soon as more information becomes available, it will be passed along."

Ummm... Thanks?

Raoh

Sounds great. I'll wait for the GOTY edition. I already have a backlog and I should play arkham asylum again before I pick up Arkham City.

I'm tired of dlc announcements weeks after a game is released.

Someone mentioned AC ending abruptly. Sounds like what happened with Tomb Raider when Edios said to have removed a level and then sold it to the 360 community exclusively, but it was part of the game that got cut not actually new dlc.

No thanks. Love Rocksteady but I'll wait for an edition with dlc included at a lower retail price.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Cruzader said:
Not many folks would say Arkham Asylum was 'incomplete', and AC has far more content than its predecessor before DLC even enters the picture.

Is there any quantifiable amount of content that a game should have before offering more becomes okay, in your eyes?

Or is it simply, "This amazing initial value proposition is a scam if any other content ever exists outside of it?"

Raoh said:
I'm tired of dlc announcements weeks after a game is released.
Personally, I love it if it's a game I'm enjoying and want more from.

Once I put a game down and move on to something else, I'm often not as interested in revisiting it.

Even though some people are bitching about it, the timing of 'The Missing Link' was perfect for me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cruzader said:
Got some proof of these accusations? You do know that games aren't finished the week before they come out right?

Sn4ke_911 said:
i'm so going to buy this. The ending was amazing but it felt rushed and ended abrupt.

Please be as big as a GTA IV DLC pack, like Gay Tony for example.

I feel the opposite. The ending was truly amazing but DLC expansions could ruin it.

Victrix

*beard*
Single player extension DLC just never does it for me.

The overhead on creating significant SP content is too large to do individual releases, so they wind up being really short, and consequently, really overpriced for what you're getting.

They're marginally appealing once they all become bundled in some GOTY edition for $20 down the line, but even then, I rarely bother, since you either have to replay the original game, or pick it up once its already gone cold and stale.

Not appealing. Surprise me!

Victrix said:
Single player extension DLC just never does it for me.

The overhead on creating significant SP content is too large to do individual releases, so they wind up being really short, and consequently, really overpriced for what you're getting
The GTAV DLC episodes were awesome and far from 'really short'. Of course, Rockstar were aided greatly due to the fact that the open world environment was already complete and they were allowed to work within those confines instead of being forced to create 100% all-new environments.

Kinda like Arkham City.

RPGCrazied

Yeah. Me too. The game isn't getting any newer. Give em a month or 2 more to say something, then if not, all is lost I guess.

Top Bottom