• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade is 20-40 hrs, hard mode, no DLC, no MTX at launch.

Bartski

Gold Member

Stellar Blade TMI​

An interview with the company's CEO and general director about this game has been summarized. The translation may not be accurate.
  • Playtime
  1. If only the main story is played on easy mode : 20-25 hours.
  2. If sub-quests are also completed: 30-35 hours.
  3. If proceeding while collecting all collectibles: more than 40 hours
  • NG+
Hard mode available after the first completion. There is content a plan for NG+.
  • Reason for using the long ponytail style
Due to physical errors, it's not easy to implement long hair. However, it was determined that the long ponytail is a good means to prominently emphasize the action-focused gameplay style.
  • DLC
Efforts were made to include complete content in this game. No separate DLC is currently planned
  • Grotesque enemy design.
The enemies appearing in the game were designed to lack certain parts or to have emphasized appearances. This is because the game's concept is an action game intended for a mature audience, and the enemy design is related to the overall progression of the story. Designed by 3D scanning clay models crafted by a professional artist.
  • Open world
For the main storyline, a linear map and progression approach were applied. However, after arriving at the main city, areas such as the great desert and wasteland are prepared for exploration in a semi-open world manner.
  • Game OST
60% of the game OST was produced in-house, while the remaining 40% was created by the external company Monaca Studio. Monaca Studio is a company founded by the director who participated in the production of the 'NieR: Automata' game OST. However, the director did not directly participate in the production of the OST for this game.
  • Short death scenes
This is intentional. It is expected that there will be many deaths in the latter part of the game, so the scene duration has been made short. Since there is no death penalty, it is hoped that death will be considered a light part of gameplay.
  • BM
Besides the game price, there are no additional business models. All items can be acquired through in-game play. However, in the case of collaborations with certain IPs, there may be paid purchases for specific outfits.

I will be there no matter what!

iUQBrEB.gif

Last edited:

Madflavor

Loved everything except for this:

• Short death scenes
This is intentional. It is expected that there will be many deaths in the latter part of the game, so the scene duration has been made short. Since there is no death penalty, it is hoped that death will be considered a light part of gameplay.

Nah this ain't it. For as violent as the cutscenes are, Eve's deaths are so ridiculously tame, to the point where it looks stupid. When you die, Eve basically gets smacked, she stumbles a bit and goes "Agh!" and then it immediately cuts to black saying you're dead. It's so awkward and clumsy. Nobody honesty cares if player deaths are 1 second or 5 seconds long. You've got all these crazy ass aliens with chainsaws for heads, boulders for hands, swords for arms, and there's no death animations for Eve. Gnarly death animations are a lost art and I wish the game had them.

If Eve could die in over the top gorey ways (like RE4 or Dead Space), this game would be so fucking metal.

Bartski

Gold Member

Nah this ain't it. For as violent as the cutscenes are, Eve's deaths are so ridiculously tame, to the point where it looks stupid. When you die, Eve basically gets smacked, she stumbles a bit and goes "Agh!" and then it immediately cuts to black saying you're dead. It's so awkward and clumsy. Nobody honesty cares if player deaths are 1 second or 5 seconds long. You've got all these crazy ass aliens with chainsaws for heads, boulders for hands, swords for arms, and there's no death animations for Eve. Gnarly death animations are a lost art and I wish the game had them.

If Eve could die in over the top gorey ways (like RE4 or Dead Space), this game would be so fucking metal.
yeah I have to agree. In my first demo impressions, I wrote it looks like the game is missing animations in places. That was the place

Nice to see a good length for the game. No MTX is the icing on the cake. More games like this are needed for both the sexy heroine main character and the amount of hours it takes to complete it imo.

GymWolf

20-40 hours? So the areas are gonna be way larger than the demo?
I didn't played the whole thing but it looked like a very restrictive dmc type of level design.

Hopefully they have enough content to fill these 40 hours.

I wish we had E3 live shows still. Would love to see the crowd thunderously applauding for this while someone from Kotaku and these consulting firms folded their arms and shook their head in the sea of cheers
I miss when Playstation had an e3 showing at the local movie theater. They gave out cool collectibles and a free $20 Playstation store gift card.

I got to go twice in my city. The theater was packed.

Aenima

Everething sound like the way it should be.
Its great that they releasing a full package game at launch. But there will be MTX post launch for sure.
In a previous interview the game director said they are considering a two way colob with they other game Nikke. The idea is to put EVE as a new character on Nikke and bring some of Nikke outfits to Stellar Blade. Would also not be surprised if around summer they add some Bikini outfits as DLC.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Sounds great. Too bad about NG+ though, that’s a really nice re-play boost, especially for these types of games.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I miss when Playstation had an e3 showing at the local movie theater. They gave out cool collectibles and a free $20 Playstation store gift card.

I went to those too! The one where FF7 Remake, last guardian, and shenmue 3 all got announced or revived the place was rocking!

The fact people even bring it up means it's off. It's not that is has to be gory or crazy but it currently feels unfinished, like the game kind of bugs out when you die. There's no solid sound cue or anything. It's bizarre.

Edit: But fuck yea to basically everything else.

Last edited:
It seems like my "I hope it's like Dead or Alive" concern is pretty much resolved.
(I hoped that the fan-service that people won't shut up about, will be a nice add on to a really good game. Like Dead or Alive. Not THE only thing of value about the game).

Really glad! Will totally play this.

phant0m

PlayStation Experience? Went my local theater, was a blast! 2017/2018 I think?
It was when the first got FF VII Remake gameplay and that theater SHOOK

Didn't try the demo yet, but everything about this game seems right up my alley. That is a perfect amount of time for a game.

Slightly off topic question as I have zero knowledge of game development. It's NG+ hard to code or something? It would seem like that would be rather easy thing to add but a ton of games seem to get that as post launch support.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
PlayStation Experience? Went my local theater, was a blast! 2017/2018 I think?
It was when the first got FF VII Remake gameplay and that theater SHOOK
I remember when they showed the first teaser for remake. It was right after everyone got faked out at psx the year before when square announced they were porting the steam version to PS4. I think everyone kinda thought it was that again until the word "Remake" literally appeared and I could not hear my own thoughts people just screamed lol

Solidus_T

• Game OST
60% of the game OST was produced in-house, while the remaining 40% was created by the external company Monaca Studio. Monaca Studio is a company founded by the director who participated in the production of the 'NieR: Automata' game OST. However, the director did not directly participate in the production of the OST for this game.
Makes a lot of sense. The direction for the BGM is very similar.

Bond007

Perfect
I enjoyed the demo. Enough make me consider it.
This news may have tipped the scales into a purchase.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
35-40 hours in Chuck Berry Time is 50-55 hours so Ill be eatin good

That's gonna be at least 60 for me.

I never understood how people are able to complete 40-50-60 hour games 5-7 days after release, you either A) have to rush through things, B) Have no job, no girlfriend/wife, no other obligations besides playing Vidya all day long, C) limited sleep time, I mean, heck, I've been reading posts all over the intrawebs of people completing FF7RE rebirth...3 days after it's release, fookin' hell, why rush through things ?

Anyway, I can already see the upcoming patches:
- Remove film grain toggle (2-3 weeks after release tops).
- Photo mode (mid-summer).
- NG+ (fuck knows)

Last edited:
Top Bottom