• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham HD Collection revealed via leak

Boke1879

Man put Origins in it. I'll gladly buy this and play through them again but Origins is the only one I haven't played and i'd like to.

DOWN

Banned
It's not surprising at all that Origins, which isn't from the trilogy by the creators, isn't included. It's a spinoff by a separate studio. Sure, it would be nice to include as it is better than the first two games, but it's not really the brand.

After getting them all on Steam for free after the Arkham Knight fiasco I probably won't rebuy it unless it's a substantial upgrade (which it won't be).

Man, Origins has developed quite the cult following since its release, going by this thread. It wasn't nearly this well received critically and it wasn't even this highly regarded on GAF when it launched.

Xav

I'm not one of those "ORIGINS IS THE BEST ONE" type of people but I do think it deserves to be in the collection.

Going back to Ayslum might be a bit hard after playing Arkham City and Arkham Knight. The combat got a lot more interesting in the sequels.

Interfectum

Man, Origins has developed quite the cult following since its release, going by this thread. It wasn't nearly this well received critically and it wasn't even this highly regarded on GAF when it launched.

Most people assumed it was a throwaway title since Rocksteady didn't work on it.

GavinUK86

I highly doubt any of these with run at 60fps. They'll stick out side by side with Knight else. They probably want one coherent trilogy on current consoles.

Boke1879

I only want to play it because I haven't and to me it would make sense to include it. That said you're right. When it released it wasn't praised or highly regarded at all lol.

If just PC versions, I'll skip this.

Hoping some effort has gone in to it though. Knight was a lovely looking game if anything.

Vuze

So it's just Asylum and City? Shouldn't be too pricey then... right?
Don't intend to pick it up anyway, I doubt the visuals will receive a huge bump in comparison to the PC versions.

Also I'll be shocked if these won't run at 60fps considering I played both AA and AC on a lowly 7870 back then.

Sucks that Origins isn't part of the collection and will undoubtedly add fuel to the fire about Origins being the weaker of the 4 titles.

Brofield

Cool, now I can actually go through the series proper and not wonder what the hell is going on in Arkham Knight.

Would I still be able to jump in on Origins first and then keep going from there?

Muffdraul

No Origins... I would consider getting this if it was included since that's the only Arkham game I haven't finished.

Same here. Haven't played it at all, but want to. I just re-played Asylum and City last year because of Knight, won't feel like playing either again for a long time. If I ever get this HD collection it'll be long after release.

I'd love if they actually remade Arkham Asylum in the Knight engine, to the same incredible standards (AK is still probably the best-looking game on this console gen). Guessing this is just a basic port job, though.

Man Asylum is by far my favorite game in the franchise and I loved the hell out of City so I'm looking forward to this.

I am also surprised by how much love Origins is getting in this thread. I thought it was great but it definitely wasn't my favorite. It has a really good story though so props to WB Montreal's writers

It totally makes sense that it got dinged by reviewers and a lot of fans for being more of the same after City. But, it had the best story of the series, and more City wasn't a bad thing to me. I'm always a wayyy bigger fan of early Batman over later "I just walk around with cops like it's no big deal" Batman.

Boke1879

I really can't wait to back and play City again. Loved that game, but never did all there was to do. Can't wait to go back.

KDC720

No Origins kills any interest I have in this. I'm also kind of all Batman'd out after Arkham Knight, so I doubt I would have any enthusiasm for this collection anyway.

Err what? These port collections should always be 60fps..the consoles can clearly handle it.

it really depends on how half assed these ports will be.

to give an example, the Dishonored HD release was also UE3 and it's 30 fps yet the borderlands collection was 60 fps.

so maybe 60 but 30 wouldn't be out of the question, especially if they try to use some of the higher end PC exclusive effects for City which to this day still tax the shit out of high end systems because of how poorly optimized they were

Mathieran

Banned
I would really like it if they took some of the improvements to combat and predator encounters and applied them to these games. That would be a selling point for me. I doubt that will happen though.

Top Bottom