• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight New Gameplay Video

Kezen

Banned
Yeah, fingers crossed the PS4/X1 versions look as good because goddamn, it looks stunning.

I don't think you should be worried about that, Rocksteady aren't solely targetting high-end PCs and wondering how to make that run on consoles, they're directly targetting current generation consoles and will add effects on PC, simple.

I can believe this is console footage, judging by the IQ.

I wonder what's planned for The Game Awards since the video notes that the next video is do on the 1st and the final one will debut at Sony's keynote at the PSX.

at 1:32 ... the Arkham Knight is so voiced by Troy Baker.

Jenni Lada, Troy Baker fangirl, said as much at E3.
He was very coy about confirming his role as Two-Face in Arkham Knight earlier as well. So yeah, that's probably him.

You know who else Troy Baker played in these Arkham games tho...

Arkham-Origins-Joker.jpg

UrbanRats

Looks amazing visually.

After playing (and enjoying) 3 of these games though, i'm happy this is the last one.
They are starting to become overly predictable with their big charging boss, their scarecrow dream sequence (about Bruce reliving his trauma) and their vents and their gargoyles.

This looks like a great closure, tho.

5taquitos

It certainly looks kinetic.

All the camera jumps and normal speed/sloooooow mooooo changes made it really busy. Hopefully most of those effects are just for the demo, because that didn't look very fun.

cackhyena

Why they need to add in the cinematic that either won't make it in the game, or will make you wish you were just fighting the guys instead is beyond me. Stop cutting between the real thing and this other bullshit. Just do game play. Looks good, otherwise.

Kezen

Banned
No way this is running on a console 6 months before release without the optimization process.

You think the PC version is optimized as well ? This is probably not representative of either skus, this is a very polished demo, not gameplay taken straight out of the PC.

French PC outlets Canardpc (http://www.canardpc.com/) had a chance to talk with one of the designers and the PC version was faaaaar from being stable or optimized.
The game ran on a 780ti when they saw it.

Hope they are showing an actual console version.

We already know the PC version will look great, so lets hope they are showing us console owners the truth

Bleepey

The new takedowns look incredible.

ib2eEWbowXWUM0.gif

My friend who 3 stars all the combo challenges in arkham city in one chain might not bitch too much if these moves are left to just stealth take downs. He played Arkham City and his early impressions were that he hated the slow down and wanted the franticness of taking down 50 guys without any time to breath.

Edit: I like how the Batmobile is not just an attack vehicle. I always imagine it to not just be used for offence but also for providing emergency care.

Top Bottom