• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight New Gameplay Video

GooWop

FTgmrZI.gif

Looks amazing

Awesome gif lol

TheMoon

Looks really nice. The Batmobile is gonna break up the old Arkham combat flow nicely, it seems. Only thing I wonder is why they don't just shut their face about the game until they can debut it with THIS. Since this is mostly made up of awesome looking gameplay. Drop a bomb like this out of nowhere, say it comes out in six months and lean back. Fuck a CG debut teaser.

Btw, so glad WB Games doesn't have their own dumb PC client bullshit (keeping me from buying Ubi and EA games atm) so we can just buy this on steam and be done with it.

Gameplay looks great, doesn't matter if it is PC or PS4 footage. At least we are getting a better look at how it plays which will be identical on all three platforms. Can't wait for June.

valkyre

I would go for PC.

No way this is running on a console 6 months before release without the optimization process.

I also think this is PC footage, but only because that was the case in E3 as well.

I also think PC version will obviously be the absolute best version of the game, but other than that I really scratch my head with some people here that sound worried about the console versions...

Guys its not like the console versions are going to look like shit... for Gods sake most next gen games so far, although better on PC (again obviously) with extra bells and whistles, its not like their console versions look outdated or last gen.

Most people I bet wouldnt even notice the bump from high to ultra textures for example. The big difference ofcourse will be 60 frames per sec on PC. But dont expect console versions to look considerably worse than these videos.

Rocksteady has a good track record and so far has released remarkable versions of all its games.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I hate Batman's crappy armour look.

I hope there are plenty of alternate costumes.

I'm sure there will. The collector's edition will have 3 skins from the new 52 series.

So far this is the only alt costume revealed.

2014-11-2416_21_08-4005e2s.png

Vuze

Looks amazing, sounds amazing, can't wait. I very much doubt I will go through Origins until it hits but I think I won't miss too much from what is the general consensus.

Hardest part about waiting for this is knowing I'm going to have to wait like another year after release for the complete version of the game.

TheFatMan

Getting pretty hyped about this game. Didn't really get into the Batman games until I tried Arkham City for free on PS3....loved every second of it.

valkyre

I hate Batman's crappy armour look.

I hope there are plenty of alternate costumes.

I actually despised previous games costumes...

Yes yes yes I know that's what the comic costume looks like. I know that.

But that doesnt make it look cool. In fact it makes it look ridiculous (seriously what is up with DC and underwear fashion in super heroes?).

Besides the fact that he looks like he is wearing his underwear on top of his costume, the costume itself is completely and utterly ridiculous to use while dealing with a truckload of armored dudes with machine guns, knives etc...

Atleast this time the costume looks like something that will actually offer protection and it looks badass at least to me. I love it.

FHIZ

Holy shit... Just get in my PS4 already, damn.

I do wish they'd show off some more characters we've yet to see in this game, though.

This is the section of Arkham Knight shown to me at Eurogamer Expo. Twas pretty, and very very loud. It had some framerate issues quite frequently and they can be seen in that video but hopefully by time it's released it'll be smoothed out.

I actually despised previous games costumes...

Yes yes yes I know that's what the comic costume looks like. I know that.

But that doesnt make it look cool. In fact it makes it look ridiculous (seriously what is up with DC and underwear fashion in super heroes?).

Besides the fact that he looks like he is wearing his underwear on top of his costume, the costume itself is completely and utterly ridiculous to use while dealing with a truckload of armored dudes with machine guns, knives etc...

Atleast this time the costume looks like something that will actually offer protection and it looks badass at least to me. I love it.
Whilst i still like the comic costumes, I have to agree somewhat. I've always preferered Batman's more armoured variations, like this costume and The Dark Knight for example(with the exception of the cowl itself on the latter.) That being said, I always like costume designs that are as functional as they are badass, which I think applies here.

Well my PC had a good run, will prob just end up buying the PS4 version, this looks like another Arkham City PC version in the making concering the way itll run on its release

Looks absolutely amazing, but boy am I tired of those Michael Bay Transformers sound effects... It's like... seriously? Those might have been somewhat cool 5 years ago.

DieH@rd

Banned
Amazing, I can't wait to play it [most likely on PC].

Still not sold on the Batmobile sections, but they do look interesting.

Not sure how I feel about rescuing hostages and dropping them off to Gordon. Hopefully that becomes streamlined with the Batwing airlifting people out towards the end.

Arkham Batman + MGSV's fulton system = best game ever? :D

Top Bottom