• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Knight PC re-release Oct. 28th

telasoman

Here's a hint: you're using like the second most powerful GPU on the market. You can out-horsepower most issues.

Well ya, but compared to the 10 fps I was getting on launch, to the 100 I got after that first patch, it was a major increase.

Sylas

I genuinely don't understand how this happens.

How on earth do you release a passable console version and completely, utterly and totally fuck up the PC port to the point where it's unplayable on hardware on par with the console versions?

Beyond that, what the actual fuck were the devs doing since the game was delisted? Diddling themselves into a PC case?

I mean, you're not, but don't get it twisted that this game's ridiculous "requirements" reflect what they should be and what actually good ports need.

That statement was completely facetious, I understand that the port is hot garbage.

Especially when my i7 5820K, 970 GTX, 16GB DDR @ 2400mhz gets to a lower framerate than the PS4 version ever does on the same graphical settings.

I got a copy from buying a 980ti. It ran like crap at first, but after the first major patch to fix PC issues it ran like a dream for the entire game.

Not sure if I got lucky or what, but I got through it with no problem.

It's called you have one of the strongest single gpu's on the market.

Brute force is never a good answer on a multiplatform title.

Hey guys! Just wanted to pop in and remind you all how SUPER weird it is to get mad at a developer for the quality of a game they didn't make. I mean, it'd almost be like if I stepped into the Uncharted thread and started screaming about Quantic Dream. Crazy, right?

Perhaps your anger should be directed at the people who make the decisions of who will develop what game, and how long they have to do it... hm... like, a "publisher" or something...

Hey guys! Just wanted to pop in and remind you all how SUPER weird it is to get mad at a developer for the quality of a game they didn't make. I mean, it'd almost be like if I stepped into the Uncharted thread and started screaming about Quantic Dream. Crazy, right?

Perhaps your anger should be directed at the people who make the decisions of who will develop what game, and how long they have to do it... hm... like, a "publisher" or something...

I am pretty sure most if not all are directing their displeasure at WB and not...

Yeah, it's not like Rocksteady's name is plastered all on the box or anything.... The lengths people go to defend Rocksteady is hilarious. They were specifically asked about the PC version and they said it would be fine. They never said, "please speak to our publisher about the quality of the PC port." The publisher, Rocksteady, and Iron Galaxy are all at fault. All of them, not some of them because you don't want to shit on RS's good name.

I am pretty sure most if not all are directing their displeasure at WB and not...

himZD0M.gif

pahamrick

Rocksteady is leading our team of developers and partners as we work on the PC performance issues that players have been encountering. The work is significant and while we are making good progress on improving performance, it will take some time to ensure that we get the right fixes in place.
https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/PC-Update-June-27th/m-p/581703#U581703

At this point, I think Rocksteady can get a little blame considering it's running worse for some people.

But keep waving that flag, I admire that.

Ctrl + F

Instances of "WB" in this thread 61.

Instances of "Rocksteady" in this thread 11.

Someone didn't read a damn fucking thing, did they?

I'm glad I got a refund. What a shit-show.
Ended up watching the cutscenes on Youtube. :/

Haven't tried it yet after the re-release, but even if it does work OK for me, I'm putting up a negative review so that it doesn't have "pre-release review" on it. Absolutely shameful.

M.Steiner

So after 4 months there's still no SLI support, it still runs like shit (by the sounds of it, I haven't tried it myself yet) and I already own all but 1 of the free games they're giving away.
Wishing I had just gotten a refund now. Such a fucking mess, I'm not sure if I'll even want to play it when the time comes...

Rocksteady is leading the development of the "fixed" PC Port. They can and absolutely should take some of the blame if the "fixed" version is actually worse.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Whoa, that would be pretty scummy from WB part

It's not particularly scummy, it's just an unintentional side-effect from removing the game from purchase. That changed the game to an "unreleased" state, which is why the reviews are now all flagged as such.

Something truly scummy would be making a new store page and hub for the game to wipe the slate clean.

diamount

Banned
So after 4 months there's still no SLI support, it still runs like shit (by the sounds of it, I haven't tried it myself yet) and I already own all but 1 of the free games they're giving away.
Wishing I had just gotten a refund now. Such a fucking mess, I'm not sure if I'll even want to play it when the time comes...

That's stupid, try yourself before saying it's a mess. Even at launch the game ran on at 60fps on high/ultra, cant remember what the exact details were. So try yourself before jumping to conclusions.

UrbanRats

Nah, everyone involved with this game/port (WB, Rocksteady, Iron Galaxy) is basically poison in my eyes now, meaning i'll be thinking more than twice whenever i see a game with one of their logos on the cover (for reasons explained above).

They've had months to fix this, and it still doesn't run, this is a joke.

MUnited83

For you.

If Quantic Dream spent 4 months trying to fix a Uncharted game and then release the game still broken, i'd say that yes, they should be yelling at them too.

Kezen

Banned
That's stupid, try yourself before saying it's a mess. Even at launch the game ran on at 60fps on high/ultra, cant remember what the exact details were. So try yourself before jumping to conclusions.

At launch I could not reach 60fps nearly as consistently as I can today, although as posted on the other thread it's definitely not a perfect 60fps.

That said I understand the current state of the PC version raises some eyebrows, what have they been up to all this time ?
It's fair to expect better after so many months of supposed hard work.

Performance wise this does not deserve any awards.

diamount

Banned
At launch I could not reach 60fps nearly as consistently as I can today, although as posted on the other thread it's definitely not a perfect 60fps.

That said I understand the current state of the PC version raises some eyebrows, what have they been up to all this time ?
It's fair to expect better after so many months of supposed hard work.

Performance wise this does not deserve any awards.

Of course it's fair to expect, just saying the person I was quoting should play it themselves before saying the game hasn't improved any, as you said you have had improved performance although not perfect, and if it stays like that then people should still stay away from it if they got a refund prior.

Ctrl + F

Instances of "WB" in this thread 61.

Instances of "Rocksteady" in this thread 11.

The people who are mad at WB can rest easy knowing that I'm not talking about them.

If Quantic Dream spent 4 months trying to fix a Uncharted game and then release the game still broken, i'd say that yes, they should be yelling at them too.

That's really weird, I don't see anyone whining at Qloc because Mortal Kombat X on PC is still a mess.

pahamrick

The people who are mad at WB can rest easy knowing that I'm not talking about them.

That's really weird, I don't see anyone whining at Qloc because Mortal Kombat X on PC is still a mess.

Mortal Kombat X is perfectly playable and far from a mess, though. Maybe thats why there isn't any whining.

-Edit-

Oh wait, I remember you. You're the one who puts words in people's mouths then uses those words to call their opinions stupid. Carry on, never mind.

Kezen

Banned
I got a copy from buying a 980ti. It ran like crap at first, but after the first major patch to fix PC issues it ran like a dream for the entire game.

Not sure if I got lucky or what, but I got through it with no problem.

Lucky you, you must not be very sensitive to frametimes fluctuation.
I certainly notice them but it's not a deal breaker at all though.

Rocksteady is not blameless in this. If you acknowledge they are partially at fault for either not hitting the initial release date and for not fixing the game in the 4-month interim post-initial release, then you do not get to tell others exactly how pissed they should be at Rocksteady in particular.

Rocksteady deserves praise for making good video game adaptations of Batman, and for Arkham Knight itself, but they also deserve acknowledgement of the state of their game. We can't know for certain what problems with the PC release they were directly/indirectly responsible for, but it's their game.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
and then there's also this (quoting from the steam thread):

I'd also like to point out that the "compensation" for Arkham Knight owners is actually a promotional offer to purchase Batman: Arkhman Knight right now (from the Steam page):

Special Offer

• Get the entire Batman: Arkham series with Batman: Arkham Knight!
  • Purchase Batman: Arkham Knight prior to 10AM Pacific Time on November 16th and receive the entire Batman: Arkham library. This includes Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY, Batman Arkham City GOTY, Batman: Arkham Origins and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate.

Special Offer

• Batman: Arkham Knight includes Genuine quality Team Fortress 2 items!
  • Purchase Batman: Arkham Knight prior to 10AM Pacific Time on November 16th and receive up to 3 community generated Genuine quality TF2 items.
  • Generate and submit your own Batman inspired TF2 items to the Workshop for entry into the contest. The winning submissions receive over 20 Warner Brothers games. See the TF2 blog for more details. Complete contest rules can be found here.
  • The Batman inspired TF2 items will be delivered at the completion of the contest.

comrade

Lucky you, you must not be very sensitive to frametimes fluctuation.
I certainly notice them but it's not a deal breaker at all though.

The game ran pretty good for me after the first major patch. The one that came WEEKS after release. I have a 980ti and a gsync monitor though so i'm sure i'm in the minority. It's still completely ridiculous the game was released in the state it was, how long it took to fix and the game is $50 with no real compensation. The old Arkham games of which I own all 3 is not compensation in my eyes.

Kezen

Banned
The game ran pretty good for me after the first major patch. The one that came WEEKS after release. I have a 980ti and a gsync monitor though so i'm sure i'm in the minority. It's still completely ridiculous the game was released in the state it was, how long it took to fix and the game is $50 with no real compensation. The old Arkham games of which I own all 3 is not compensation in my eyes.

A better performing game would have been a nice compensation, as it stands it's not good enough.

I really feel sorry for those who stuck with their copies of the game and can't ask for a refund now.

comrade

A better performing game would have been a nice compensation, as it stands it's not good enough.

I really feel sorry for those who stuck with their copies of the game and can't ask for a refund now.

Yeah I'm glad I got my refund from GMG. It took Valve months to actually remove the game from my library so after the patch came out I finished the game in about a week and got my money back. I can't be too mad since I got to play the game for free. Definitely won't be repurchasing it until its $5 during a Steam sale.

MUnited83

For you.

Qloc actually fixed lots of things and MKX is perfectly playable .

Arkham Knight isn't.

M.Steiner

I was referring to the entire situation when I said it was "such a fucking mess". Meaning its original release, being pulled from the store, re-releasing, seeing original reviews marked as "pre-release" and now seeing there's still no SLI support and still seeing complaints regarding performance etc. I wasn't meaning the game in its current state as being a mess. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

As for the comment I did make on the performance, I followed it with "by the sounds of it, I haven't tried it myself yet". I'm just going by some of the stuff I've read with that but I'm about to try it for myself now, never said I wasn't going to :)
Just to see how it runs though. I will be waiting for SLI support before I play it through proper and that's if I haven't totally lost interest by then.

It literally took them four months for their solution to be "ya just get 12 GB RAM LOL!!".

Not paying more than $7.50 for the GOTY.

Green Yoshi

Perhaps Rocksteady should say bye bye to Warner and find a publisher that is less incompetent.

hlhbk

My Specs:

Intel 3970k
Nvidia GTX 980
16 GB RAM
Win 10 64 bit
SSD
GSYNC

I turn everything up to max except for the Nvidia smoke which I leave off,

After all the patches have been applied I went from having freezing/hitching, textures not loading, and FPS all over the place to the game running at 60 FPS 99% of the time and never dipping below 50 (the FPS dip is not noticeable at all at and above 45 fps using gsync). What a huge great difference compared to the console versions now!

I had preordered the season pass, so now I will finally be giving this game another full play through and play the DLC as well (I completed the base game on PS4).

paolo11

I lost the link on this one but didn't Rocksteady or WB said that the Nvidia Engineers were supposed to help them fix the issue?

comrade

I lost the link on this one but didn't Rocksteady or WB said that the Nvidia Engineers were supposed to help them fix the issue?

I remember that. I think it was Nvidia who said they were working with them on the PC version of the game because at the time everyone was calling Nvidia out for the video they released of the game running at 60fps with all the Gameworks settings. I remember people were saying it was actually captured at 30fps and just sped up but I think that got debunked?

badblue

Fuck. I can't even see if the patch fixed anything on my system.

Game crashes right away, and tells me nvwgf2umx.dll is causing it.

Well, the infamous patch somehow worked for me. I had to set the textures on low though. I'll beat the game and perma-unistall.

paolo11

I remember that. I think it was Nvidia who said they were working with them on the PC version of the game because at the time everyone was calling Nvidia out for the video they released of the game running at 60fps with all the Gameworks settings. I remember people were saying it was actually captured at 30fps and just sped up but I think that got debunked?

Haha yeah. That's the one.

It's a shame. Arkham Knight is a beautiful game. I mean you can play the game but if the performance is not consistent, it's not satisfactory.

Top Bottom