• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Knight Steam Update Hints At RTX Remaster

Spyxos

Gold Member
batman-arkham-knight-arkham-knight-and-batman-i24473.jpg

The game received a Steam update four days ago that incorporated a new private branch called patch_test, indicating that it may soon receive new features, including a long-anticipated RTX remaster.
Why it matters: Recently, many older games have received RTX remasters with Nvidia tools, including the likes of Portal and Half-Life 2. Therefore, Batman Arkham Knight may be next on the list.
Batman-Arkham-Knights-Steam-Update-696x194.png

A new ray-tracing update for the game is quite likely because the massive Geforce Now leak from 2021 included a number of projects that have since come to fruition, including games like Tekken 8.

Among the list, Nvidia mentioned Batman Arkham Knight RTX Remaster. Since the game had not been updated for three years until recently, the test patch has led to speculation about a visual overhaul for the game.

Denton

I just don't get how there can be RTX remaster in a leak and then it takes extra two years for it to come out. What took so long, ffs

Spyxos

Gold Member
I just don't get how there can be RTX remaster in a leak and then it takes extra two years for it to come out. What took so long, ffs
The game was and is partly broken on the PC. I hope they have not only incorporated ray tracing, but also improved the performance.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
If one game needed a remaster its that one. it launched in a horrible state.

Last edited:

ThisIsMyDog

Even without RTX, this is one of the best-looking games I have played, and it’s raining there all the time, so it’s great for path tracing. Can't wait.

Denton

The game was and is partly broken on the PC. I hope they have not only incorporated ray tracing, but also improved the performance.
This is false, the game was fixed and re-released a year later and has been the best way to play since then. I finished it back in 2016 and it was perfectly smooth 60fps bug-free experience.

Sleepwalker

I launched this game on a series X for a rewards mission and it doesn't really look that great anymore IMO. Maybe on PC at 4k max settings it still holds up, even then a remaster would be welcome.

Unbelievable. This is how old now? 8 years old game? And their next game is that shit ass suicide squad game my god it hurts my soul
Yup, 2015.

If they upgrade the lighting model I honestly believe it’s going to best every retail title out there in visuals. The assets in AK are no joke.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
This is false, the game was fixed and re-released a year later and has been the best way to play since then. I finished it back in 2016 and it was perfectly smooth 60fps bug-free experience.
Are you sure? I can still remember a Digital Foundry video where they re-tested the game after a while and it still ran very badly.

Denton

Are you sure? I can still remember a Digital Foundry video where they re-tested the game after a while and it still ran very badly.
100% sure. I also played all the DLCs (obtained for free on EGS) few years ago and they ran like a dream (while looking stunning).

Barakov

Gold Member
batman-arkham-knight-arkham-knight-and-batman-i24473.jpg

The game received a Steam update four days ago that incorporated a new private branch called patch_test, indicating that it may soon receive new features, including a long-anticipated RTX remaster.
Why it matters: Recently, many older games have received RTX remasters with Nvidia tools, including the likes of Portal and Half-Life 2. Therefore, Batman Arkham Knight may be next on the list.
Batman-Arkham-Knights-Steam-Update-696x194.png

A new ray-tracing update for the game is quite likely because the massive Geforce Now leak from 2021 included a number of projects that have since come to fruition, including games like Tekken 8.

Among the list, Nvidia mentioned Batman Arkham Knight RTX Remaster. Since the game had not been updated for three years until recently, the test patch has led to speculation about a visual overhaul for the game.

Really need to get a new PC.

Top Bottom