• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate |OT| Batvania

So huh... Would you guys recommend the game? I have a spare $40 on eSop credit. :p
I would. Others would probably tell you not to touch it with a 40' pole.

It really is one of those love/hate games.

Watch some game play; If it looks good to you, grab it.

Personally, I enjoyed it.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Bought this a couple of days ago for my brand new Vita. At full prices just because I want more Batman games and more Vita games.

Did not expect the Beware the Batman skin. I was just thinking what a shame it was that incarnation is so totally doomed for being on Cartoon Network. So non-sequitur to be included here.

Anyway, I understand the complaints about the game already but I think I will enjoy it.

Shiv47

I traded in AO after four or five hours of boredom, and had put off playing this due to the bad taste the console game left. I was initially enjoying Blackgate, but it's ended up being a tedious slog that isn't fun enough to finish. Really disappointing, as AA and AC are two of my favorite games this gen.

I got this game on Black Friday for 25 bucks for the 3DS. I loved AO and just really wanted some more Batman. I wasn't expecting much out of this but surprisingly it didn't even meet those expectations.

The two words I think I would use to describe it are boring, and buggy. The combat is just feels so slow and sluggish like moving through a thick molasses. Honestly even just walking around feels that way.

There is no sense of flow to the game either. I feel like every objective I'm given is interrupted by another objective before I finish the previous one. It's like right now I'm supposed to be getting to the Penguin, and it's told me to go to this other area because I need a line launcher. That's where some Wayne employees have hopefully left one, except I get there and the Joker shows up and where the map supposedly shows the line launcher is NOTHING. Mind you I'm pretty sure before it told me to go after the Penguin I was on my way to something else as well.

The areas are just so poorly laid out, and button prompts don't seem to always show up. I feel like half the time I get stuck it's because a button prompt waited 20 minutes to show up.

It's just not fun, I feel like the whole time I'm playing the game the No Fun Allowed robot is sitting right behind me.

Anyone have any insights on finding this line launcher?

Robso

So I got the game for Xmas and it's so buggy. Even despite that patch that was said to fix it. Only been playing for just over an hour and had quite a few problems. Is there any word on if there's going to be another patch?

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Is this game worth the ~6 dollar sale price on Vita right now? Or should I get the console version instead?

I think the Vita is really the way to go. Most of the clunky stuff is forgivable because hey portable Batman. Less so on consoles and Steam. That said, I heard they improved the map for those releases...

Is this game worth the ~6 dollar sale price on Vita right now? Or should I get the console version instead?

i had a better time with Blackgate than the newest Strider, if that helps. Just a fair warning: there's a couple of times where the game feels like it's throwing some filler at you, with one moment happening specifically at the end that's somewhat aggravating.

GeekyDad

Very lttp, but I'm really digging it so far. Playing the 3DS version. So far, no bugginess for me. It's definitely got that Metroid thing going. And surprisingly, the 3D effect really does help with this game, especially since there are many elements in the background and foreground to be aware of from room to room.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Ive had this game in my Steam library for sometime now, and I thought that it was the definitive version of AO. Turns out it was a whole new game..... I honesty thought the entire thing with Catwoman at the beginning was some sort of horrible tutorial. then I got to blackgate.....

How do you remove a game permanently with steam again?

Edit

HAHA....if I remove the game I lose AO. You win this round Blackgate.

Top Bottom