• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ lol.. anyway I was hoping that they added a collar to the costume. It was the one aspect of the DCnU that I really liked a lot. Ignoring everything else, the collar really gives him a majestic look.

Superman-New-52-ArtFX-Statue.jpg

Absolutely love this design. Lee rocked the house on this.

RELIGHT

Banned
^ lol.. anyway I was hoping that they added a collar to the costume. It was the one aspect of the DCnU that I really liked a lot. Ignoring everything else, the collar really gives him a majestic look.

Superman-New-52-ArtFX-Statue.jpg

Douche design IMO. Strongman Supes will always be the best design.

BadAss2961

I'm kinda bummed about Batman being taller. I remember that interview with the producer who said they wanted Batman to tower over Superman.

Then again, Zod was 6'3 (compared to Cavill 6'1) and I never noticed that in MoS, so we'll see.
Movie magic. Height is only a factor when they want it to be.

The Batman v. Superman costume is probably the best costume, and the Man of Steel "S" is probably the best S.

Although I do like (of all the things) the Smallville comics variation on the Superman suit. if the color scheme of that suit could be transferred to the man of steel design, it'd probably be the perfect supersuit.

Lokimaru

Well because Kryptonians back on Krypton don't have superpowers, so of course they need armor.

You do realise his old suit was industructable too right? New 52 Supes is only wearing ceramonial armor, most ceramonial armor is just for show and provides no real long term defensive capability. That's why when he fights heavy hitters the suit gets shredded. Thankfully it regenerates.

ReiGun

Not a big fan of it but I enjoy/encourage trunkless designs. The new 'new' costume is slightly better though.

JR Jr. is a fantastic artist, but Great Rao I cannot stand the way he draws faces.

Love this new suit. Mercifully removes all the extraneous lines from Jim Lee's original design. Not feeling the fingerless gloves though.

JR Jr. is a fantastic artist, but Great Rao I cannot stand the way he draws faces.

Love this new suit. Mercifully removes all the extraneous lines from Jim Lee's original design. Not feeling the fingerless gloves though.
Seems the fingerless gloves are a variant cover only weird detail. In the regular cover it's just cuffs
4360416-7011067367-Galle.jpg

IconGrist

Yea I dig the new suit. Especially the belt. God I hated that Jim Lee belt. Terrible design. Every new pose it's properties had to be changed because it just didn't make a whole lot of sense. Sometimes it was a big thick belt when he was standing. Others it was basically a rubber band. Just ugh.

I also dislike the inconsistencies in how the S is drawn from artist to artist. Some use Lee's edgy S, others use the classic S, and sometimes you just get an almost entirely new kind.

BadAss2961

Jim Lee Superman is best Superman.

The New 52 design is too teenage. I can't see a grown ass man rocking the high collar fingerless sleeves along with that stupid red belt.

Those have been around for awhile (might even have been posted in this thread waaaaaay at the beginning)

I believe that was the suit they were going to use for Fly By.

Loxley

Agreed, I think this design looks fantastic and is my personal favorite, I even like the belt people complain about.

While I generally dislike Superman's New 52 design because of the terrible armored-look that's straight out of 1995, I did like how it looked in Justice League: War. Heck I enjoyed most of the takes on the New 52 designs in that movie. Mostly because they downplayed the armored look :p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Is there any concrete proof of a trailer coming this week though?

at this point I doubt we'll see the trailer.

Seems like WB don't want to start the hype a year before. which is kinda of a shame really. WB already lost all the momentum they had built up last year hyping movie (BvS announcement, Batfleck awesome batsuit reveal ---> WW reveal--> Batmobile---BvS teaser ---> radio silence) I guess the delay missed with all of that.

at this point I doubt we'll see the trailer.

Seems like WB don't want to start the hype a year before. which is kinda of a shame really. WB already lost all the momentum they had built up last year hyping movie (BvS announcement, Batfleck awesome batsuit reveal ---> WW reveal--> Batmobile---BvS teaser ---> radio silence) I guess the delay missed with all of that.

Really though, momentum in Fall 2014 for a movie not coming out til Spring 2016 isn't worth much, overall.

WE love the hell out of it. But we're guaranteed tickets sold already.

Simo

Well I was just wondering if there was more than Umberto's word about the trailer dropping this week? Considering the usual outlets like Alberta classifications and whatnot haven't listed anything and Digital Deluxe's drive info for Jupiter Ascending mentions only the trailer for FOCUS being attached, that outlook for the BvS trailer seems unlikely.

Though I agree a teaser anytime now seems a little premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom