• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleborn Open Beta thread: April 8 (PS4)/ April 13 (PC/XB1) - April 18

So it is correct that it just throws you into a queue? How long is this taking for people? I don't even know how to play this should be interesting.

IvanJ

Banned
The way this beta (as well as the alpha a while back) is going, they can be sure that there will be absolutely no server issues come launch date - Nobody will buy the game anyway!

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
How's in performance? There was tons of tearing and sub 30fps in the last ps4 alpha.

adarker

Banned
The way this beta (as well as the alpha a while back) is going, they can be sure that there will be absolutely no server issues come launch date - Nobody will buy the game anyway!

So you're saying no one will be in the queue to buy this game?

adarker

Banned
This game has got some fucking nerve. Please keep waiting, it's going to be a while! By the way, buy the deluxe edition right now! Golden skins and queues! Whoo-hoo!

VariantX

You would have think that with the closed alpha, they would have addressed the issues with the queues since you could literally leave the game for over an hour and still not be able to play. Even when you got in, the matchmaking would make it next to impossible to get into a versus match so you were stuck with the story whether you wanted to play that or not.

Sounds like it's par for the course. This happened for the first beta as well. Gearbox games seem to have horrible server issues in one way or another.

Get in line to get in line so you can get in line to watch another line get in line.

I was in the last beta but never actually succeeded in getting a game despite several attempts at different times.

Was going to ask if this one actually works, but I see it's still fucked.

This game will get worse reviews than colonial marines if they keep going like this.

Timu

Bots and split screen are the only reasons I was interested in the first place.

Overwatch & Paragon have bots also, I'm glad dev's are catering to people who don't want to vs real players all the time.
1st I heard of Paragon.

Wait, I don't understand this. What exactly am I in a queue for? Wouldn't I still be able to logically do private single player stuff, or are they hiding an install behind the "queue?"

When all you wanted were some server status updates, and then you remember...
Kjfx9bY.jpg

Is this game for real? You can't even play a tutorial mode or offline thing because of this nonsense queue.

=> right into the delete folder

That first story mission is pretty long. Lots of bosses and sub bosses. It's pretty good.

Though now I'm in...a queue?

Umm...what?

@Battleborn 2m2 minutes ago
We’re working to open more servers & reduce queue times. Demand for the #Battleborn beta is amazing, thanks for your support & patience!

At least they're aware and are updating people. An open beta where they don't force sign-ups and anyone can play means things are going to get slammed. They're gauging what they need and adjusting accordingly. A little patience goes a long way...it's not like anyone has paid for it yet.

Pheno_NLD

Neo Member
I like EL Dragon, the wrestler. A lot. Although his dash skill is getting used to, but the 'elastic' upgrade makes him fun :)

Played a couple rounds of Meltdown without any problems. The game itself is more fun than I thought it'd be, but unfortunately the performance is pretty bad. Looking forward to giving it another shot on PC next week.

Top Bottom