• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleborn Open Beta thread: April 8 (PS4)/ April 13 (PC/XB1) - April 18

Nyx

Managed to play the first story episode before getting kicked out and put in some queue.
But I have to say I had a good time! Played with Miko who can heal which came in handy quite some times as for me the game on normal was pretty hard.

Completed it in the end and it seems like this would be great with friends.

Shame is though that there's so many games with almost the same concept, and some even F2P.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
So is the framerate really still under 30? That sucks!
Edit: speaking about the PS4 version.

Online game has queues at launch, news at 11.

Are people really dismissing this game because of launch day queues?

I'll try the game a bit later and see if I like it by how it plays.

wipeout364

Runs smooth on PC

Here is my question though? Who will actually have a community long term (if anybody) I feel like this is not a super high quality game but is somewhat unique on console whereas on PC it seems like so many other games that are good quality and cheaper that it will get lost. I am seriously asking this as I am thinking about getting a copy but not sure where to buy it.

Makikou

Both good games because of how they play, which is more of my point. This an online game with single player content unfortunately it does have to make sacrifices for that.

The servers worked fine and you'd say their design would be even more taxing than what Battleborn is doing.. But hey, how do i know.

Just solo'd the first mission. Was really long. After I finished it kicked me to the main menu cuz of the servers. I'm really hoping any progress I made didn't get erased. That'd really bum me out.

Just solo'd the first mission. Was really long. After I finished it kicked me to the main menu cuz of the servers. I'm really hoping any progress I made didn't get erased. That'd really bum me out.

Yea youll be fine, hopefully its stops kicking us soon, the games pretty fun so far but i wanna try new characters

Kyolux

I hope they fix servers hiccups by the time I get home. But it's doubtful I guess, there's just going to be more people done with work/trying to get in the game I assume.

Here is my question though? Who will actually have a community long term (if anybody) I feel like this is not a super high quality game but is somewhat unique on console whereas on PC it seems like so many other games that are good quality and cheaper that it will get lost. I am seriously asking this as I am thinking about getting a copy but not sure where to buy it.

Overwatch fortunately will run at 60fps on consoles

Nesther

Yeah, that wasn't worth waiting in the queue for more than an hour. Did not find playing it enjoyable at all. The framerate's not good despite the mediocre visuals, and there's too much going on on-screen.
Might give another character a try, went with Mushroom Head in versus.

It's a MOBA so I'd assume PVP

I wouldn't be so sure about that. For one it's not really as MOBA as some would make you think, and two there seems to be a decent amount of campaign content (sounds around 6-8 hours not including replaying levels) and the season pass content includes more campaign levels.

Drewfonse

I wouldn't be so sure about that. For one it's not really as MOBA as some would make you think, and two there seems to be a decent amount of campaign content (sounds around 6-8 hours not including replaying levels) and the season pass content includes more campaign levels.

Yeah it's the replaying of levels on harder difficulties with different characters that might give the campaign legs.

AaronMT86

First impressions after three matches. Low framerate is nauseating on the PS4. Aiming and actual combat feels clunky and slow. I don't think I'll be playing this anymore.

Played a single player mission and it was incredibly fun. Still need to try the versus, but it's almost a definite buy for now.

vaderise

There is already a huge backlash for this game and yet they release a beta with server issues.I had no hate for this but this queue thing even got me mad.
NOW i am preety sure this will be the next big AAA bomb.

Kyolux

Been in queue since I got home from work.

Probably going to give up for now and try later tonight if I don't get to play in the next few minutes.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i was in a queue for 30 minutes and i managed to get into a game and i had zero idea what to do with the arrow lady; game seemed fun but the network performance was unstable. Also this fucking game doesn't even tell you when you are ready to play online, i went to check the options and i noticed i could play, so right now this game is a mess.

Top Bottom