• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

rdytoroll

Hmm no mention of the actual characters' depth or quality of storytelling, just that you play as multiple characters vignette-style. I kinda wanted to know how the black soldier and Bedouin warrior were like, since visually they look interesting. They must be quite unremarkable then to not deserve a mention.

You only play as the Harlem Hellfighters in the short prologue, which is a bit disappointing. Would have loved to see more of them, but the prologue is great for what it is.

Ozorov

Springfield Switching firing mode
:lol cant figure out how to get the gif to load. O well
RegalCoordinatedAnnelida-size_restricted.gif

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda regret not getting the Early Enlister Edition now
KuGsj.gif

Keasar

Hmm no mention of the actual characters' depth or quality of storytelling, just that you play as multiple characters vignette-style. I kinda wanted to know how the black soldier and Bedouin warrior were like, since visually they look interesting. They must be quite unremarkable then to not deserve a mention.

Kinda disappointed in the Polygon review, for all their flag waving about diversity and stuff in half their articles they failed to mention anything about the lacking point of view of the other side that would have actually benefited this game.

You only play as the Harlem Hellfighters in the short prologue, which is a bit disappointing. Would have loved to see more of them, but the prologue is great for what it is.

That sucks :( Considering the marketing has him front and centre. Harlem Hellfighters have loads of interesting stories worth delving into. There is a great comic book about it, by the writer of World War Z.
harlem-hellfighters.jpg

AmyS

What should we be expecting for the PS4 Pro version, aside from minimum native 1080p ? (base PS4 ver is 900p, right? like all Frostbite 3 games)

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Lol yeah, I'm feeling a bit of that. I bought from CDKeys. I would've preferred to play for a week than save 20 or so bucks

Pre-ordered from cdkeys as well :D

Just four more days...

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Played the trial this weekend and promptly ordered the Ultimate Edition. Best Battlefield since BC2 if not ever. Not since 1942 have I been this enthusiastic about a Battlefield game. Looking forward to seeing you guys on XBL.

rdytoroll

That sucks :( Considering the marketing has him front and centre. Harlem Hellfighters have loads of interesting stories worth delving into. There is a great comic book about it, by the writer of World War Z.
harlem-hellfighters.jpg

Well, that went on my to read list

So am I missing something or is there no way to customize loadouts from the main menu? Sorry if it's been asked a ton!

According to this video, there will be an option. it wasn't there in the trial though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHey2EebXzY

pitchfork

Got the Ultimate edition preloaded on Xbox One!

Didn't get a chance to play the trial with Gears 4 taking up my time (got next week off work so plenty of time for both), but looking forward to jumping in tomorrow : )

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Live in Australia for those with all the early access bonuses. About to jump back in!

About the DLC (I bought the base game+DLC), the first one hasn't been announced yet, correct? I say that because I hate day one DLC and I don't think the pre-order skins are considered to be the 1st of the planned 4 DLC, right?

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
About the DLC (I bought the base game+DLC), the first one hasn't been announced yet, correct? I say that because I hate day one DLC and I don't think the pre-order skins are considered to be the 1st of the planned 4 DLC, right?

Battlefield 1: They Shall Not Pass was revealed alongside Battlefield Premium on August 24th 2016. The pack introduces the French Army as a playable faction in addition to four new maps, and is scheduled for release in March 2017.
http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield_1#They_Shall_Not_Pass

Just think of the money saved. IDK if there's a physical early edition version in the US, but in the UK it's a digital only version for £70 lol. For the sake of £40 I can wait three days.

Defenitely a valid point, I paid about 36€ (compared to 71,99€ for the EE).

Rondras

Banned
Loved the beta and loving the early access, I'm so glad I pre-ordered this :D

I hope they do this kind of campaing for Battlefront 2 and use the instant role change from Battlefield Modern Combat 2. Would be epic.

Nodnol

Have been having a blast on the Early Access. Best Battlefield experience since Bad Compnay 2, personally. So much fun.

Only compliant is the frames dropped at times (XB1). Have DF torn it apart yet?

Top Bottom