• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Finally have the privilege to post on GAF

I used up my full 10 hours of trial yesterday, campaign is amazing and this will be the first time I'll bother to play it to the end.
I'll be getting my XBone copy delivered tomorrow so I'm willing to squad up with anyone else.

One of The great things is working tight as a squad especially when we all have mics (happened once). On amiens. Anytime Freddie was taken we would all agree to recapture the point before moving on and letting each other know what class we need depending on the situation.
I know there's a thread to share gamertag but ill leave it here in case anyone with mic would like to add me.

XBox Gamertag Yesdroid29

Look forward to seeing you guys in the field.

Mahonay

Banned

I used up my full 10 hours of trial yesterday, campaign is amazing and this will be the first time I'll bother to play it to the end.
I'll be getting my XBone copy delivered tomorrow so I'm willing to squad up with anyone else.

One of The great things is working tight as a squad especially when we all have mics (happened once). On amiens. Anytime Freddie was taken we would all agree to recapture the point before moving on and letting each other know what class we need depending on the situation.
I know there's a thread to share gamertag but ill leave it here in case anyone with mic would like to add me.

XBox Gamertag Yesdroid29

Playing with a full squad, where everyone has a mic, is the absolute optimal way to play Battlefield. Finding a crew that regularly plays makes a huge difference in these games.

jeffc919

Is there any way to see your stats yet, either in game or online? In the beta you could got to the battlefield.com career tab but that doesn't look like it is available anymore. Maybe it will be back for the full release.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This is easily one of the strongest launches I've seen for Battlefield. The maps I've played so far all work and perform well. I have no major audio or visual issues. Game systems are fully functional and consistent. Server browsing is there in full and easy to use. It feels extremely solid to play right from the get go.

I'm sure issues will crop up, but after the cluster fuck of Battlefield 4's launch, and the annoying quirks of Battlefront that took too long to be fixed, this launch quality is very welcome.

This is easily one of the strongest launches I've seen for Battlefield. The maps I've played so far all work and perform well. I have no major audio or visual issues. Game systems are fully functional and consistent. Server browsing is there in full and easy to use. It feels extremely solid to play right from the get go.

I'm sure issues will crop up, but after the cluster fuck of Battlefield 4's launch, and the annoying quirks of Battlefront that took too long to be fixed, this launch quality is very welcome.

Awwwww yeah.

Sounds good my man.

Gotta wait 2 more hours for mine to unlock

Mahonay

Banned
Is there any way to see your stats yet, either in game or online? In the beta you could got to the battlefield.com career tab but that doesn't look like it is available anymore. Maybe it will be back for the full release.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/

The Battlefield 1 section doesn't seem to be open yet, probably will go up once the actual launch hits.

This is really great to hear.

I have bad memories of BF4 on the PS4 launch being so broken that you could only play 20 player domination games. And even then those would crash.

So hyped! My first OT as a GAF member!

So my Best Buy order is coming today (PS4). Not gonna get banned or anything if I play today, right? Will post screenshots if people want them.

Super keen to play more, have a few hours left on the trial and I'm gonna demolish this game once exams are done. Actually really proud of DICE for this release; it was a somewhat risky choice to go with WW1 but it seems to be really paying off. As said above, I haven't encountered many shitty glitches or bugs so I'm stoked. Almost makes me think this isn't a Battlefield title.

XBox Gamertag Yesdroid29

Is there going to be a gaf friend group so we can play this game together?

I'll make one today unless someone else does. I had made a GAF group for BF4.
I have a discord server and a Google spreadsheet links in the OT under community. You guys will have to quote to be able to see it :)

Ensoul

Never been able to get into BF but after playing the beta for IW I have decried to give BF another shot. Looking forward to playing this game tomorrow. I am sure it's a big learning curve for someone who has just played COD for the past several years.

Shock32

I thought battlepacks gave skins AND melee weapon pieces to put together for a new weapon to use. OT says skins only.

That's pretty much DX12 in a nutshell. Hyped and did nothing.

Performing well for AMD cards on BF1.

chart.png

https://uk.hardware.info/reviews/70...testresultaten-full-hd-1920x1080-+-frametimes

b1_1920_12.png

http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tp...eld-1-test-gpu

lol I feel like a newbie but what did you just type?
GAF User ID List (quote to see) it should be between email=. Copy and paste that in the browser. It should be a google spreadsheet with tabs at the bottom for Origin, Xbox, PS4.

If someone is interested in making a different or better, feel free. Just let me know and I will link it in the OT.

Ozorov

GAF User ID List (quote to see) it should be between email=. Copy and paste that in the browser. It should be a google spreadsheet with tabs at the bottom for Origin, Xbox, PS4.

If someone is interested in making a different or better, feel free. Just let me know and I will link it in the OT.

Link it!

Xater

The only thing I would suggest is putting that list at the beginning or the end of the OP post. Makes it easier to find it. I know you can use search, but still...

I didn't see it in the OT and my Googlefu has maybe failed me, but do we know when the game goes live Friday for those of us with the normal edition?

Mahonay

Banned
I'll create a GAF group on PSN tomorrow when my BF1 copy arrives. Looks like you can't make community groups on PSN for games that you don't have added to your library yet.

If someone beats me to the punch before that, that is fine too.

tommyguns

I'll create a GAF group on PSN tomorrow when my BF1 copy arrives. Looks like you can't make community groups on PSN for games that you don't have added to your library yet.

If someone beats me to the punch before that, that is fine too.

Sounds good!

Just did a live chat with EA and Sony about the EST unlock time.

Sony said it's up to EA to provide the unlock time.
EA said it's up to Sony to set the unlock time.

Anyone on PC, if there is a discord or something please add me. I play solo on PC pretty much (friends have always been console).

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone seen any footage/played the PS4 final version at all ? I'll very likely be going PC but I have friends on PS4 so just wondering what the PS4 looks like/performs like.

Top Bottom